Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Episode discussion 8x14 All That Remains airs (2//6/13)

synopsis: Criminal Minds -8x14 All That Remains (Preview)

Description

Criminal Minds 8x14 "All That Remains" - When the daughters of Bruce Morrison, a writer whose wife mysteriously vanished a year ago, go missing on the anniversary of their mother's disappearance, the BAU is brought in to study Morrison as a possible suspect, on Criminal Minds, Wednesday, February 6th on CBS. Series star Thomas Gibson directs his first episode of Criminal Minds. Ken Olin guest stars as writer Bruce Morrison

Discuss! ;)

Last edited by Logan; 01-31-2013 at 05:06 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Apparently, this was supposed to be episode 8x15 but they are airing in a different order.

TFTNT Matt
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This looks interesting
Old 02-01-2013, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes Ana is right , imdb has a different Episode name and story . I assume it will be later .
Being this is Thomas first time directing a episode . I have photos I will post of the episode .
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Loyal Fan

this sounds interesting, like the one from season 1 when one of the twins girls disappeared. I'm very curious how Tomas did as a director too

SherlockMolly
& HarryHermione & MorganGarcia & SheldonAmy & BoothBrennan & GrissomSara & HiccupAstrid
icon - my cat
mychakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

'All That Remains' Writer Bruce Morrison (guest star Ken Olin) is grilled by Hotch after Morrison's daughters go missing on the one-year anniversary of his wife's mysterious disappearance, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Feb. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Series star Thomas Gibson directs his first episode of the series. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS

'All That Remains' Writer Bruce Morrison (guest star Ken Olin) is interrogated by Rossi (Joe Mantegna) as he and the BAU investigate why Morrison's daughters have gone missing on the one year anniversary of Morrison'™s wife'™s mysterious disappearance, on CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Feb. 6 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Series star Thomas Gibson directs his first episode of the series. Photo: Monty Brinton/CBS ©2013 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow I did not see that plot twist coming
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of the most intersting episodes i have seen in a long time . Where there was more of a drama with the father thru out the episode . To get him to snap into a different persona was great. Actor Ken olin played the role so well. We all had to think he did it he killed his own daughter as the alter ego drunken state .

Both morgan and JJ playing the father to get him to go into alter ego was good stuff.

How it took JJ to profile the daughter once she was found ,seeing different side and reaction to her coming back to the house. Earlier how JJ in basement before the daughter was found looking at the stroage box with dates on it.

Anything with focus on JJ pleases me , how she was confronted buy the daughter . When JJ came home with her ,I thought girl was going to kill herself when JJ had that look ...

At the end i was hoping JJ didn't have to kill her ,Morgan with his soothing voice always seems to get the girls to listen

Very nice twist to the whole story , a real change up of what we normaly see ,no unsub to find more of finding misisng kids and retracing a timeline ..
Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

AMAZING episode. I have no idea how I saw the twist coming but it was when they got into the house and the girl pointed the thermostat to JJ. I just thought it was weird that she didn't go there herself and I kinda expected her to attack JJ any minute, because the setting felt suspicious so I knew I couldn't trust her.

I love when the case is more focused like this one, the episode doesn't feel so rushed.

On a random note, JJ's hair looked lovely tonight, I couldn't stop noticing it.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Master Fan

I thought the episode was great. JJ did an amazing job.

I was surprised to see that the dad had multiple personalities. It definitely explained how he could be missing days out of his memory. I really thought that it was him that committed the crimes. Even if it was another personality, it was still him. The actor played his scenes very well. Especially with the two phone calls being eerily similar. I just don't get why he wouldn't call his other daughter first. My first thoughts would not be that someone is missing. I would try to locate them first. I guess since his wife went missing it was the first thing to come to his mind.

I kind of figured out it was the girl that killed her sister once JJ started feeling uncomfortable in the house and explaining the girls lack of emotions. If JJ is feeling that something is wrong, then there has got to be something wrong. When JJ was on the phone talking to the team, all I kept saying was oh God no, please don't let this girl attack JJ. I know they mentioned the dad getting another gun that hadn't been found, so I was like please don't let this girl shoot JJ. Then JJ goes down in the basement by herself. I was like nooo, JJ wait for the team to get there. I'm glad the girl didn't hurt JJ. I don't think I can handle another team member being hurt at this time (whether it be emotionally or physically).

That girl was very selfish though. Basically killing her sister and I'm going to assume her mother as well because her mother had another kid. I just can't believe that. I sometimes dislike my brothers very much but I could never see myself killing them because things changed when they came along or because I think my mother likes them more.

I'm hoping we get to see what is going on in Spencer's mind. He seemed kind of normal to me here. I want to see how he is coping. I know I've read that people want to know if he is going to start using that drug (can't remember it's name) again. I know we can't have every episode revolve around him but I'm curious. Glad to see a JJ storyline though.
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thomas talks about Directing the episode and quick comments form Actor Ken Olin

Last edited by Logan; 02-07-2013 at 11:53 AM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved this episode so, so much. Firstly I knew something was off with Sara from the teaser, she looked detached when they were taking the family photo, so I was suspicious of her from the very beginning. I wasn't sure if she had been hurt by her father or if it was something else, but I knew something more was going on.

I felt really, really bad for the father. The actor did amazing job at playing the role. I didn't thought about split personality disorder, but it was kinda obvious.

I LOVED JJ this episode, I liked how Blake realized JJ lost her sister, she was shocked by this discovery, she asked yet I didn't felt she intruded on any personal stuff. I'd be disturbed if she knew that detail about JJ. It was also a very good thing for the plotline as it made me wary of the sisters relationship. Also I LOVED sassy JJ in interrogation room, and then her calm acting with Sarah at her house. She really rocked this episode.

We didn't get much of Garcia, but still I liked how she was clearly affected by the case.

I liked the red herrings with the annoyed Sheriff and the affair guy.

This was a really great episode.

I also liked a lot of camera angles, the scene when Hotch goes to inform the father of Katie's death, later when Blake closes the door on him to speak with Rossi. How the father switched his personalities for the first time in the interrogation room and how Hotch and Rossi observed him.

SherlockMolly
& HarryHermione & MorganGarcia & SheldonAmy & BoothBrennan & GrissomSara & HiccupAstrid
icon - my cat
mychakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mychakk (View Post)
Also I LOVED sassy JJ in interrogation room
I LOVED this part. I was like oh yea, go JJ. I was wondering where that came from.
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I amn sure that it was the plan to have JJ bring out the alter ego. I was really thinking the jonny guy was going to go after JJ .

I never thought twice about the daughter, but thinking back when she in hospital and JJ was comforting her, there was no real emotion coming from the girl . I figured she was in shock etc . Thus why thay are trained to see behavier , JJ caught on real quick . glad there was no killing.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Then JJ goes down in the basement by herself. I was like nooo, JJ wait for the team to get there.
I KNOW! That was bound to go wrong.

And Reid seemed normal to me too, which is weird because I'd have expected him to be at least weird. But who knows, this episode was supposed to air after the next one, not before, so maybe we'll get something next week.