Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:02 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

Reid was really good in that episode That poor boy was trying to help and of course only Reid could figure it out!

Thanks for the animation

Old 03-05-2011, 04:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Reid was amazing in that episode. And they mentioned his headaches in last episode again, like I thought they would, giving us little scenes about it - like the migraine book in the previous one.

Quote:
Maybe not season 1, it wasn't that memorable
Did we watch the same show?

MGG got a tumblr. gublersoup

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:58 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

I think his headaches are going to play out in the last episodes of the season I'm nervous

Quote:
Did we watch the same show?
s1 is a must watch, but I think there were better seasons

Old 03-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

The whole, "I don't know what can be done" thing was bugging me so much. It's like, writers? Don't you DARE screw with Reid! Okay, he's got migraines, but let's try to get to the real root. Maybe overwhelming stress, etc?

Don't try and give us dead Reid. Otherwise, they should just end the show if they get rid of all the cast. It's stupid!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not with pager leaving or not but her future up in the air, can't get rid of Reid. We know he has has these episodes before. For some reason I thought Sean, emily enemy, had put something in BAU to give him headache or his home ....

Just a theory perhaps if he wasn't distracted he of al people would haves noticed emily's was going thru rough patch, Well he did tell her picking her fingernails she only dies when stressed . but didn't follow up due to his own issues
Old 03-07-2011, 02:40 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

Reid is not going to die, I am sure MGG has a contract for s7 so he is going to be there But I don't want them to screw him for life

Old 03-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

I can't believe Matthew is 31 today! He looks like he can be 20. And I love how Thomas says he's going to make him a cake. Why must this cast be so perfect?
Old 03-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interviewing Matthew Gray Gubler, currently starring in CBS' "Criminal Minds," might mean singing '80s theme songs together and joking like you've been friends for years (at least that's what happened to me). His love for acting, directing, sketching, Tweeting, his earnest passion for life and people -- really, he's one of the most charismatic and genuine guys around. "The Gube" discussed perpetual life as Dr. Spencer Reid and directing an episode of "Criminal Minds" for the second time.

Once "Lauren" has aired , I can link the rest of the interview .

Sounds like a guy who enjoys his work and honor of directing his 2nd episode of Criminal Minds .
Old 03-16-2011, 03:19 PM
BOK
Elite Fan

MMG is a great actor and person Thanks for the interview Matt, can't wait to read it all I have high hopes for this episode. He is a great director

Old 03-17-2011, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Reid made me cry. That hug with him and JJ and with her calling him 'Spence.' So many tears. And Matthew did a fabulous job directing.

And you know what I LOVE the most, Paget had requested Matthew to direct this episode. That seriously melt my heart into a big mushy pile.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Criminal...r-1030749.aspx

Indeed, the actor and NYU film grad specializes in the creepy and quirky — just check out his artwork — so quirky that his crash course in action films included The Fantastic Mr. Fox. "That was my main inspiration," he says with a laugh. "And some Sherlock Holmes. I tried to study and made sure the moments of action were done as effectively and cinematically as possible. Especially for our show, which normally [features] more of a knife or a slow strangulation, we're talking flash grenades, MP5 machine guns here. It's a lot of stuff that is new to our show and was new to me. But I was very happy to work with it, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out."

The episode, of course, is bittersweet, as it also marks Paget Brewster's last series regular appearance as Emily Prentiss. After last summer's cast upheaval that saw A.J. Cook depart and Brewster's episode count reduced, Brewster requested Gubler, who made his Minds directorial debut last season, to helm her farewell.

"I think the writers felt the same way," Gubler says. "I felt it was very important that this episode be done by someone within the Criminal Minds family as opposed to an outsourced director because it was dealing with intense stuff for our regular cast members. All the stars aligned that I got to direct it. It was a beautiful scenario. I put up a very big fight for it."

The episode wraps up Prentiss' arc with her nemesis from her Interpol past, IRA baddie Ian Doyle (Timothy V. Murphy). At the start, Prentiss is MIA as she had stealthily left the BAU headquarters two weeks ago to pursue Doyle solo. To track down Prentiss — who gets tortured by Doyle "similar to how Reid got tortured by [James] Van Der Beek" — the team enlists a familiar face: JJ (Cook). She helps them unlock Prentiss' classified Interpol files, revealing her connection to Doyle and her former undercover identity of Lauren Reynolds to the team for the first time. (The episode is titled "Lauren.")

"[Cook's return] was in the interest of making this special for the fans. 'Who's the one character who can help us find Emily?' Naturally, it was JJ, who's now in the state department. It was such a pleasure to work with her again and to have the whole family back," Gubler says. "Like 'Mosley Lane' [the first episode he directed], I'm in it more than I wish I was because it's an important episode for our team and Paget. But as our brilliant writer Breen [Frazier] put it, he wants this one to ... make the hardcore lovers of the show happy and excited. This one's for the fans."

But the million-dollar question is if Prentiss survives the Doyle showdown. Gubler chuckles at fan speculation that Prentiss will die because "there's always a chance" she could come back since this is her last episode "of the season" and "anything can happen" on TV. Brewster has an option to remain on Minds as a regular next season, but recently joined the NBC comedy pilot My Life as an Experiment.

Watch a preview of "Lauren"

As an original cast member, Gubler has endured all of the procedural's cast changes, including Mandy Patinkin's surprise Season 3 exit and Lola Glaudini's Season 2 departure (Brewster replaced Glaudini). After all the off-screen turmoil, the actor says he has an optimistic outlook.

"Paget did such a beautiful job. Until that very last moment of her last scene, I don't think anyone realized she won't be around for a while. Her presence is greatly missed. ... But I think once you've played a character for over 100 episodes, it's safe to say you've given it the college try," he says. "There are true tragedies in life than leaving a great job where you did great stuff. So while I'm really sad to lose A.J. and Paget — they're very talented, very special ladies and dear friends — I'll see them all the time. It just won't be on the BAU jet in the immediate future. Who knows if they'll come back? I look back at the evolution of the show and — Mandy, Lola, A.J., Paget — we've had some really great people and I was blessed to work with them. I learned so much from everyone I've met here."

He also learned from his post-directing experience. Last year, after wrapping "Mosley Lane," Gubler, suffering from directing withdrawal, haphazardly cut his hair.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, could I please be added to the list of Spencer/Matthew lovers?
Old 03-17-2011, 08:18 PM
New Fan

Please add me...I'm confuse if I'm already in the list. Love the Lauren episode. My mom said, Reid was all grown up and gorgeous. This the first time she watched again since season 3, I think. I love Gubler,,,so much...Hehehe...
Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

GUBLERNATION matthew gray gubler
Thank you all for the incredibly thoughtful compliments about the CM episode I directed last night. You guys are too kind!

20 hrs ago

Welcome to our new Criminal Minds fans here
Old 03-19-2011, 03:49 AM
BOK
Elite Fan

Welcome everyone! glad to have new fans here! Adding both of you right now

MGG's tweets are always nice He is a wonderful person for sure

Quote:
My mom said, Reid was all grown up and gorgeous
Your mum is wise wise

Closed Thread   Post New Thread