Old 04-19-2016, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Criminal Minds 11X21 "Devil's Backbone" {airs 4/20}

"Devils backbone " EP. 11x21

Devils backbone 11X21

promo

Synopsis
Published on Apr 15, 2016
When guards at a Virginia prison intercept a package with evidence relating to the kidnapping of two boys several years ago, the BAU questions a notorious serial killer who may have information on the boys' whereabouts.
CRIMINAL MINDS 11×21 DEVIL’S BACKBONE airs 9 pm EST on CBS and CTV

The BAU enters into a dangerous game of cat-and-mouse with a convicted serial killer after guards at a Virginia prison intercept a package with evidence relating to the kidnapping of two boys several years ago. The team believes the notorious killer may have information on the boys’ whereabouts.

Frances Fisher (Rose’s (Kate Winslet) mother in “Titanic” (1997)) will take on the role of deranged inmate Antonia Slade, “a crazy UnSub that was put away by Jason Gideon 15 years ago,” Criminal Minds showrunner Erica Messer.

Promo photos
Old 04-19-2016, 09:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

saw the promo during Scorpion and NCIS LA. Looks like it is going to be a creepy one.
Old 04-19-2016, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Sneak peak

Criminal Minds - Episode 11.21 - Devil's Backbone - Promotional Photos, Promo + Sneak Peek *Updated* | Spoilers

Edit: Another sneak peak.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/criminal...ag=TVG_Twitter

Last edited by jls2971; 04-19-2016 at 02:59 PM
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-20-2016, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

This episode was really good! Definitely one of my favorites of the season!

Frances Fisher was INCREDIBLE!

I liked the case and at first I thought it might be a bit silly to have each member talk to Antonia individually, but I thought it worked and they explained why they were doing it.

I loved all of the team's interactions with Antonia.

Interesting that Antonia thought JJ was smarter than Hotch and deserved to be the leader of the team. I'm sure she was just saying it to mess with the team (like Reid mentioned in his scene with her), but it was definitely interesting. I doubt JJ believed her. And JJ is smart, but Hotch is the leader of this team and is the only one I can really see leading the team

Another thing with JJ: has she really only been with the BAU for 11 years? I feel like she's been working there longer. Someone mentioned on SpoilerTV that in an earlier episode (don't remember which episode or season), JJ had said how long she had been with the BAU and the number she gave was one higher than the season the show was on. Which should mean that in season 11 she should have been there for about 12 years (or 13, depending on the time line and how much time has passed with the time jumps). Plus, it might not be the best thing to go off of, but in 6x02, Garcia told JJ she didn't know "how this place works without you" when JJ was getting ready to leave. I just assumed that meant that JJ had been there since Garcia started, and we know Garcia started in 2004. However, I suppose if Garcia had only been there a few months to a year before JJ she would still have worked with her for most her time there and just couldn't remember a time without JJ.

I was like when Antonia spit in Reid's hand! Definitely did not see that coming.

And I know everyone deals with things in different ways, but is it just me, or did the scene with Reid talking to Antonia sort of make it seem like Morgan died? Like, if someone hadn't seen Beautiful Disaster and tuned into tonight's episode, they might think Morgan had died. I mean, yeah, Morgan isn't working with them anymore, but he's still in the area! He's a new dad right now, but once things settle down, he'll have time to see/catch up with the team!

I actually hope that next season, they mention Morgan in a way that shows the team is in contact with him. Like, have someone say "Oh, I just talked to Morgan the other day. The family is doing well! He sent pictures!" Or "I just saw Morgan a few days ago and everyone is doing well and they say hi!". Something like that! Because like I said, Morgan's not dead and he's still in the area! They have phones! They can call/text each other. I would just hate it if Morgan does come back for a guest appearance sometime and they make it seem like no one has seen him since he left.

At first I thought Tara pulled a Hotch from last week and disappeared, so I was glad when she showed up again! And she got some good scenes with Antonia! It was nice to see her talk about going to Germany when she was younger. We got to know a bit more about her.

Again, I really enjoyed this episode. I thought the team did a good job working together and I really liked the interactions with Antonia. I thought there was a good amount of psychology and profiling, as well as a good amount of thriller, suspense and some action.

And that promo for next episode! OMG! I really wish there wasn't a week off. I still think they should have aired this episode and the finale back to back without a week off. Hopefully they'll promote it more than usual (but they probably won't).
Old 04-21-2016, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Watched the ep late last night , I need to watch it again . It was very good ep as far as a convicted serial killer playing mind games with the team . Her interaction with JJ /Reid / Lewis , she tried to hit a nerve with each of them . Hotch wouldn't budge playing mind games . Knowing something is about to happen to Hotch , I kept thinking the sec he was outside the prison , he was going to be detained. Her telling Hotch " a storm is coming " was errie ..
Her spitting out her pudding or oatmeal into Reid's hand was gross .

The finale with the unsub , I thought she told him to kill her or she was going to grab the gun shoot the unsub herself .. Whatever they arrest Hotch for , it can't be the Emily saving her and putting her in another country under a assumed name ..,he and whole team was was cleared by the Congressional committee . I hope whatever trumped charge it is something we , as fans , saw in a ep years back .
Old 04-21-2016, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Ratings:
18-49 Demo: 1.7
Viewers: 9.01 Million

Was hoping ratings could have been a bit higher since everyone else but Empire was a repeat, but since baseball and NBA playoffs are now going on, I'm not too surprised. At least the ratings have been pretty consistent.

I believe this is the fourth "to be continued" we've had this season.
1. Future Perfect (episode 10)
2. A Badge and a Gun (episode 15)
3. The Sandman (episode 17)
4. Devil's Backbone (episode 21)

Plus, we had some eerie and ominous endings with The Dirty Dozen story
1. The Job (episode 1)
2. Target Rich (episode 7)

So that's 6 episodes so far this season that have had an ending that has shown the episode/story will be continued/isn't over.

It'll most likely be 7 with the cliffhanger.

But 7 out of 22 is about 32%, which means 32% of the episodes have ended with ominous/to be continued endings.

Talk about an emotional and roller coaster of a season!

Last edited by jls2971; 04-21-2016 at 02:20 PM
Old 04-21-2016, 09:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls2971 (View Post)
This episode was really good! Definitely one of my favorites of the season!

Frances Fisher was INCREDIBLE!

I liked the case and at first I thought it might be a bit silly to have each member talk to Antonia individually, but I thought it worked and they explained why they were doing it.

I loved all of the team's interactions with Antonia.

Interesting that Antonia thought JJ was smarter than Hotch and deserved to be the leader of the team. I'm sure she was just saying it to mess with the team (like Reid mentioned in his scene with her), but it was definitely interesting. I doubt JJ believed her. And JJ is smart, but Hotch is the leader of this team and is the only one I can really see leading the team

Another thing with JJ: has she really only been with the BAU for 11 years? I feel like she's been working there longer. Someone mentioned on SpoilerTV that in an earlier episode (don't remember which episode or season), JJ had said how long she had been with the BAU and the number she gave was one higher than the season the show was on. Which should mean that in season 11 she should have been there for about 12 years (or 13, depending on the time line and how much time has passed with the time jumps). Plus, it might not be the best thing to go off of, but in 6x02, Garcia told JJ she didn't know "how this place works without you" when JJ was getting ready to leave. I just assumed that meant that JJ had been there since Garcia started, and we know Garcia started in 2004. However, I suppose if Garcia had only been there a few months to a year before JJ she would still have worked with her for most her time there and just couldn't remember a time without JJ.

I was like when Antonia spit in Reid's hand! Definitely did not see that coming.

And I know everyone deals with things in different ways, but is it just me, or did the scene with Reid talking to Antonia sort of make it seem like Morgan died? Like, if someone hadn't seen Beautiful Disaster and tuned into tonight's episode, they might think Morgan had died. I mean, yeah, Morgan isn't working with them anymore, but he's still in the area! He's a new dad right now, but once things settle down, he'll have time to see/catch up with the team!

I actually hope that next season, they mention Morgan in a way that shows the team is in contact with him. Like, have someone say "Oh, I just talked to Morgan the other day. The family is doing well! He sent pictures!" Or "I just saw Morgan a few days ago and everyone is doing well and they say hi!". Something like that! Because like I said, Morgan's not dead and he's still in the area! They have phones! They can call/text each other. I would just hate it if Morgan does come back for a guest appearance sometime and they make it seem like no one has seen him since he left.

At first I thought Tara pulled a Hotch from last week and disappeared, so I was glad when she showed up again! And she got some good scenes with Antonia! It was nice to see her talk about going to Germany when she was younger. We got to know a bit more about her.

Again, I really enjoyed this episode. I thought the team did a good job working together and I really liked the interactions with Antonia. I thought there was a good amount of psychology and profiling, as well as a good amount of thriller, suspense and some action.

And that promo for next episode! OMG! I really wish there wasn't a week off. I still think they should have aired this episode and the finale back to back without a week off. Hopefully they'll promote it more than usual (but they probably won't).

Francis Fisher was phenomenal in this! I think this was the only time I actually liked an unsub! Her character's interactions with the team were great!

Yeah, I also thought that JJ had been there longer.......but you know the writers, they have trouble keeping things together.

I was so waiting for Reid to go all germaphobe after she spit the food into his hand. You could see he was struggling to keep from panicking or something. Love how MGG keeps things consisted that way.

yes! I also felt like they were making it out that Morgan died. sheesh, he just quit his job, not his friendships. I mean, he specifically told Reid to call him! But when someone leaves, even just a job, there is some mourning for the co-workers......especially if they had been around for a long time. I bet it hasn't been easy for Morgan either.

I loved how Reid perked up when he heard Antonia and Tara were speaking in German. I tried to catch what they were actually saying, but I have trouble with people speaking the language opposed to reading and writing it.

Tara's backstory was interesting. Would love to hear if it was true or not. Also, if it was, more about it.

So, next week.......we not only have Mr. Scratch, but Antonia is also going to be involved? Am I right?
Old 04-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain_Girl (View Post)
Francis Fisher was phenomenal in this! I think this was the only time I actually liked an unsub! Her character's interactions with the team were great!

Yeah, I also thought that JJ had been there longer.......but you know the writers, they have trouble keeping things together.

I was so waiting for Reid to go all germaphobe after she spit the food into his hand. You could see he was struggling to keep from panicking or something. Love how MGG keeps things consisted that way.

yes! I also felt like they were making it out that Morgan died. sheesh, he just quit his job, not his friendships. I mean, he specifically told Reid to call him! But when someone leaves, even just a job, there is some mourning for the co-workers......especially if they had been around for a long time. I bet it hasn't been easy for Morgan either.

I loved how Reid perked up when he heard Antonia and Tara were speaking in German. I tried to catch what they were actually saying, but I have trouble with people speaking the language opposed to reading and writing it.

Tara's backstory was interesting. Would love to hear if it was true or not. Also, if it was, more about it.

So, next week.......we not only have Mr. Scratch, but Antonia is also going to be involved? Am I right?

Yeah, if someone spit food in my hand I don't think I would have been as calm as Reid was.

About how long JJ has been with the BAU, maybe she subtracted a year for the time she was away in season 6.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

That could be. Didn't think of that. Also maybe subtracted her two maternity leaves?
Old 04-22-2016, 05:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Phenomenal episode, best of the season for me! It was a great mix of EVERYTHING!

I like the closeup of JJ, such a pretty face... And I like how she stayed calm when Antonia was telling her that she should be the head of the BAU...
But man, as people already mentioned, Morgan isn't dead, he didn't go to another country or to another continent...

It was a bit silly leaving Antonia in the car alone... I thought when Reid was getting to the car, it would be empty.

Like Tara back(half-fake)story.

As I said, the promo for the next one... INSANE.

Also, Antonia did gave birth? Mr. Scratch is the son, calling it.

In S1, JJ appeared in the second episode, so I would say she is in the BAU for 11 years... She was missing from S6, but with Morgan getting back to work, we had a six month jump, sooo that sounds correctish? In S4, JJ told Rossi that after one of his lectures she decided to apply for the FBI academy... so she's probably longer in the FBI, but later transffered to the BAU?
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

They didn't leave Antonia in the car alone, I thought the same then I saw Tara with her gun out.