Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thats good to know that season 2 got stronger. I do get that the first season sometimes takes a bit to really find its footing. I might just continue to watch but probably slowly until it really starts to grab me.

With that said I watched 116 and 117 today.

I enjoyed 16, which was the tribal case. I liked watching to see how that one played out.

17 was "a real rain" one. I liked that one too. I love the fliration between Morgan and Garcia, they are fun. Spencer also continues to be my favorite. <3

I will say this, CM is a good show to watch if you are just at home chilling out and want to kill a few hours lol. Like, right now i am doing my hair and I have it on and its an easy show to watch at the same time as doing other things. I dont mean that in a bad way. Even though its "scary" at times its a relaxing show to me lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yeah, I always thought it was a good binge show, especially the first few seasons. I'd have it on in my dorm room a lot when I was in college. I'd be doing other stuff, especially since I'd seen most of the episodes, but I still didn't mind having it on
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

DP ignore...
Old 11-20-2018, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally got around to watching more episodes. I watched 118 and 119 today.

I really liked 118. The main girl in this one, the star, looked so familiar to me, I can't figure out what I've seen her in. Was that Amber Heard?? She's so pretty. I also loved the focus on Spencer. He's def my favorite character right now. I love that he got some loving. Too bad the girl couldn't really stick around.

119 I didnt enjoy as much, to me it sort of felt like it dragged on a little bit. It was the Muchismo on with the rapist that dressed up as a woman and killed women. I feel like it took a long time to get to the end result.

I'm going to make it a goal to finish season 1 next month for sure.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:13 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Yes, that was Amber Heard in 1x18.

Reid's a pretty popular character and definitely a fan favorite.

I don't remember Machismo that well, but I do feel like it's generally not a fan favorite of season 1, so I don't think you're alone in not liking it.

Season 1 had 22 episodes, so you've got 3 left The last three were pretty good, in my opinion. The finale is really good
Old 11-25-2018, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

ugh double post again... sorry.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finished season 1

120 Charm and Harm was pretty good, it was the serial killer who killed his mom and his father covered for him and then he killed a bunch of other women. It was fun to watch it play out.

121 Secrets and Lies was boring to me, I could barely follow the episode. lol. It was a little too much business and politics feeling to me instead of dealing with the actual case.

122 The Fisher King Part 1 was a decent finale but I hate that it has a part 2 because now I wanna finish to see what happens. I might just do that soon and then start with 202 later lol. Fun episode, that moved quick and had a interesting plot.... will enjoy seeing how it concludes.

I wont be able to start season 2 until at least January. But I am excited to see where the show goes. Stylistically, which season do you think changes the show the most? Which season makes it feel different? I am not sure I am making sense. But the show still feels a tiny bit dated in season 1 , (not too badly) but it was 2005. So when does it start to move a bit quicker and stuff would you say? Or has it felt the same all the way through? Do any characters not return in season 2?

What were your favorite episodes from season 1?
Old 11-25-2018, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's felt the same to me

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I wont be able to start season 2 until at least January. But I am excited to see where the show goes. Stylistically, which season do you think changes the show the most? Which season makes it feel different? I am not sure I am making sense. But the show still feels a tiny bit dated in season 1 , (not too badly) but it was 2005. So when does it start to move a bit quicker and stuff would you say? Or has it felt the same all the way through? Do any characters not return in season 2?

What were your favorite episodes from season 1?
A cast member does leave in season 2. They leave in episode 6, and a new character comes in a few episodes later. So the dynamic is a bit different.

I'd say the biggest change would probably be season 3. Another character leaves after the second episode and a new character comes in after a few episodes. Generally, most people seem to prefer the characters that joined in seasons 2 and 3 compared to the two who were part of the show in season 1 and then left.

I think a lot of people feel season 3 was when the show found its groove. The cast felt more like an ensemble and the team had great chemistry.

One of the things with CM though is they have A LOT of cast changes. The show is in its 14th season right now and only a few characters from season 1 are still around. So the constant cast changes can make the show feel a bit different from season to season as the team changes, but overall the main dynamic is pretty much the same after season 3. I would say there are probably a few exceptions. Season 6 there was a lot of drama behind the scenes and two actresses were let go and then brought back in season 7. That stupid drama with CBS though in season 6 kind of changed some of the good groove the show had going though, and many fans feel the show just wasn't the same after. I think most fans feel seasons 3-5 were the show's best.

There were also some major cast changes at the end of season 11 and beginning of season 12 which also changed the team up a bit. It has a bit of a different feel but it's still good. Some fans though feel it's just not the same with the core team not together anymore. Do I personally like it as much? No. I do think the glory years were up to season 7. But it's still a good show and I hope you watch some more of it. If you end up deciding not to watch it all the way through, I'd recommend watching at least a few episodes from each season just to see the different team dynamics.

As for my favorite season 1 episodes, I'd say these are probably my favorite:
Extreme Aggressor (1x01)
Broken Mirror (1x05)
LDSK (1x06)
The Fox (1x07)
Derailed (1x09)
Riding the Lightning (1x14)
The Fisher King Part 1 (1x22)
Old 09-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lately , this week , running season 1 ep … just saw the last 20 min
“ Ride the Lightning “1X14
Old 09-15-2019, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

ION had season 1 reruns a couple weeks ago. I was able to watch the first few episodes. The show had a very strong series premiere in my opinion.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It definitely did.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ion TV he starting with season one episode one now
Old 11-26-2019, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Don't have that channel.