Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see the E online is just taken from the People article on him. Why has it taken so long to speak out ?

i see the frustration and yet he isn't exactly saying if he is still looking into legal options, or he was told not to speak about any legal action ..

As i have said and others since this happened , is I can only think any legal action is to say his termination from the show was unjust . He is losing 3 million plus for not bring in the show.

As he says spending time with now his teenage sons is good .. Perhaps rime off and refection and however you move past this . Get in a movie or Tv series .. Homeland just started filming in NY
Old 09-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Maybe he couldn't speak out right away. If he's still seeking legal action maybe he was advised not to speak out right away? Do we know if the lawsuit is still going forward?

As for speaking about the legal actions, would he be allowed to speak about that? I feel like that's something that probably wouldn't be brought up in a magazine interview.

In addition to spending time with his teenage sons, he has an almost teenage daughter as well. I'm sure spending time with them is helping him through all of this.

You mentioned Homeland filming in New York. Are you implying Thomas could follow Mandy and join Homeland? That would certainly be interesting But Thomas lives in San Antonio. I think commuting from LA to San Antonio was a bit much at times, I can't imagine him wanting to make the commute and travel from NY to San Antonio.

I hope his speaking out though doesn't affect what they do to Hotch on the show. I can just see Virgil (and possibly Harry) fuming over this interview and planning ways to kill Hotch in a terrible way
jls2971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well he has gotten tons of attention , the article and interview is being posted buy all the entertainment TV news sites !
Even I think Thomas next gig he won't have the option to go home .

Last edited by Logan; 09-22-2016 at 06:19 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

There's supposed to be more about Thomas's story/interview when the People magazine comes out on Saturday. So I bet we'll get even more information from Thomas.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like I'll be reading people at somebody's doctors office ..
Old 09-23-2016, 10:27 AM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Thomas on DUI and Shemar "drama"

Criminal Minds: Fired Star Thomas Gibson Talks DUI, Shemar Moore Drama : People.com

Quote:
Thomas Gibson is sharing his side of the story.

As the TV veteran moves on after being fired from Criminal Minds following a physical altercation with a writer-producer on the set of his CBS drama, Gibson is opening up in the current issue of PEOPLE about the "misinformation" that has been spread about other incidents in his past.

One rumor Gibson takes particular umbrage with is that he is at odds with his former costar Shemar Moore.

"Shemar and I did have disagreements early on. People work differently and have different priorities, but we are like brothers and worked through it," says Gibson, 54. "I was so happy to direct the three-episode arc that was written to send him off, with hugs and kisses [at the end of last season]."

The actor also wants to make it clear that he does not have a substance abuse problem, despite being arrested under suspicion of DUI in 2013.

The evening of his arrest, "the night marathon was going on downtown, and a cop blocked me from entering my parking garage," says Gibson. "I drove around the block, and another cop gave me permission. When I got to my garage gate, the first cop told me to get out and put my hands on the car."

The actor says things escalated quickly.

"Suddenly five bike cops were running at me. One of them says, 'I smell alcohol.' I'd had one drink with a friend, but that was it. I passed their field sobriety test, but I refused [to blow into a Breathalyzer] and was arrested. My lawyer told me I could probably win if I fought the charge, but I didn't want to put my kids through a trial."

Now in between jobs, Gibson is enjoying time with his three kids but is also eager to get back to work.

"If I had the chance to do some things differently, I might. But there is a context to each of these incidents and I think that they don't add up to what ended up happening," Gibson says of being fired. "I just I just need more opportunities to do good work and be a good guy."
Old 09-23-2016, 01:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Man...

I like the part about him and Shemar and I didn't think they had problems at all except at the beggining - as he said.

But that about his DUI arrest and such... maaan... ok, maybe police is wrong - thats not the point. Why didn't he said that before?
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As it is it would have been a one-Two day in court not some long drawn out trial .He would have stated his case ,as posted above the cops tell there side etc judge makes a decision .. not like he was going to jail .. maybe he does make a big drama about stuff ..

Unless Virgil comes out tells his full side of the tory and others in the cast tell us what they saw . It is mute point.
I understand his need to get out there publicly and stand up for his name and reputation in Hollywood . People said a lot of negative stuff about Thomas ..

do we, as a fan board, want to keep his photo in the season 12 episode discussions after Ep 2 ?
Old 09-24-2016, 09:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Spoiler:

Source

Last edited by Liability; 09-25-2016 at 02:15 PM Reason: Pictures are too big, spoiler tags so the caps don't stretch the page.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Than you for that . Yes except for the one promo he isn't really shown at all . They give the casual fan the idea paget is back in Ep 1 .. He isn't shown in hardly any promo pics at all .

We saw plenty of Thomas on set pics when they started filming

Yet he is featured in all ION TV CM ads / pop up promos . CBS ran the season finale last week , which was a big Hotch storyline ..

The focus seems to be on Adam ,which is fine, he is new and well known TV movie actor.

Interesting the "no hands" touching pushing of course hitting policy . but frankly in any workplace people should feel safe
Old 09-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't know... Everything in that article is "not my fault"... could be true, but also naive.
believer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 05:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

I felt so sad when I read the line: "I lost my show, my job and my work family in one fell swoop. It hasn't been easy".

I really want to hear from the cast, especially Joe and Shemar. Joe, because he was present during the 2010 incident and could have very well been present with the Virgil incident as well. And Shemar because of the rumors about the tension and Thomas saying they disagreed early on but got along later on. I want to know if Shemar feels the same or not. Plus, I've seen people say that Shemar left because of Thomas. I think if Shemar really couldn't stand working with Thomas, he would have left sooner, or wouldn't have agreed to stay on longer than originally planned, or would've maybe asked someone else to direct one of his big episodes.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:57 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Fifth Harmony

thanks for the article scans I don't know where I stand...I wanna believe him but I do'nt think they would just fire him just for a foot hitting a leg
Old 09-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Moderator of ...
Criminal Minds

Thomas unfollowed Aisha on Instagram...

He still follows Matthew, Kirsten and AJ
Old 09-25-2016, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Jessica Chastain

Honestly, the cast being silent on that matter speaks volumes. Granted they might not be allowed to say much due to contractual reasons or whatever, but none of them went out of their way to stand up for Thomas, which makes me believe the story is nowhere near as simple as he's making it out to be. When a bad person makes a mistake, you still have the casual ahole to come forward and defend them. But when a good person makes a mistake, there's no way no one will speak up and vouch for their character. I'm not saying Thomas is a bad person by any means but expecting us to believe that non-event caused such uproar is too much. There's obvious more to the story we don't know (and might never know) but honestly, Thomas seems to be doing a lot to portray himself as the ultimate victim.

say this once. So is Karen."
@ icon.
Liability is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread