Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2016, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally took the time to watch the video haha!
I think she's right Carrie and Maria are alike in so many ways

I love that
Old 03-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I think that special is on the DVD, as well. I could be wrong, though. It's been a while since I watched my DVD.

Leo, glad you finally got to see the whole thing! People have to remember that this was the stage version of the musical and not the movie version, so the songs weren't "out of order", they were just in a different order that they are in the stage production. "I Have Confidence" was made for the movie version, so it wasn't in this production and 2 songs that aren't in the movie are in this. However, "Something Good" was written for the movie, but it has since been incorporated into many of the stage productions today, so they included it in this one. Haha Confused yet? Obviously, there was stuff that was done for the movie that you possibly couldn't do on just one stage, so that is why some of the songs are switched around. It happens a lot with musicals that are made into movies and vice versa. Things are moved around depending on production costs, locations, etc. and how things fit into the storyline.

Anyway, between the 3 NBC musicals and Grease: Live! a lot more people are ranking their orders (just for fun) and this one is usually first or second! Don't know who here has seen Grease: Live! but it was AMAZING!! At least Aaron was! The DVD is already out and I bought it the other day! I plan to watch it after I watch Grease and watch this one right after I watch the movie of SOM. OK, I am weird.

But my ranking is:
1. The Sound of Music (Carrie is ALWAYS #1 in my book! )
2. Grease
3. The Wiz
4. Peter Pan (although, that one shouldn't even be on a list & should be completely forgotten because it was TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE!! )

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 03-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Wow people are ranking them already, that was fast Fox is having so many musicals lately, there is another one soon already! To be honest, The Sound of Music is the only one I have seen and that I plan to see, the others don't really interest me Never was into Grease as much as everyone else, no offense to Aaron of course Jessica.
Old 03-11-2016, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't even know there was a stage version... you mean an old one?
I thought there was just the movie and now this
Old 03-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
The Sound of Music is a musical with music by Richard Rodgers, lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II and a book by Howard Lindsay and Russel Crouse. It is based on the memoir of Maria von Trapp, The Story of the Trapp Family Singers. Set in Austria on the eve of the Anschluss in 1938, the musical tells the story of Maria, who takes a job as governess to a large family while she decides whether to become a nun. She falls in love with the children, and eventually their widowed father, Captain von Trapp. He is ordered to accept a commission in the German navy, but he opposes the Nazis. He and Maria decide on a plan to flee Austria with the children. Many songs from the musical have become standards, such as "Edelweiss", "My Favorite Things", "Climb Ev'ry Mountain", "Do-Re-Mi", and the title song "The Sound of Music"...The original Broadway production, starring Mary Martin and Theodore Bikel, opened on November 16, 1959. It won five Tony Awards, including Best Musical, out of nine nominations. The original London production opened at the Palace Theatre on May 18, 1961. The show has enjoyed numerous productions and revivals since then. It was adapted as a 1965 film musical starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer, which won five Academy Awards. The Sound of Music was the last musical written by Rodgers and Hammerstein; Oscar Hammerstein died of cancer nine months after the Broadway premiere.

Wikipedia Source
Yes, it was a stage musical before it was a movie.

Carmen, that's understandable. If you ever decide to watch it, you'll have to let me know how you like it, though!

Old 03-11-2016, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by On My Own (View Post)
Yes, it was a stage musical before it was a movie.

Carmen, that's understandable. If you ever decide to watch it, you'll have to let me know how you like it, though!
I will for sure let you know I was tempted to watch it being I am a fan of Julianna, and being I am a big Gilmore Girls fan and they used some of the set for the show, but I just never got around to it. I remember hearing how bad Peter Pan was, I was glad I made the decision to not watch it before hand, would have been a big waste of time
Old 03-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They used the set of GG for it?
I have to see that haha
Old 03-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Yeah, they used a lot of the sets I heard! Like the town square, Lorelei's front porch, Stars Hollow High School, and probably others that I am missing. A lot of the outdoor parts of stars hallow. I remember mostly because they had to wait till Grease was over to transform it back to Stars Hallow
Old 03-13-2016, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

need to see Grease then

But I don't think I'll like it more than the sound of music simply because of Carrie
Old 03-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Aaron really was the only thing that made it for me. There were some other good parts. Carly Rae Jepsen was good and so was Julianne, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if Aaron wasn't in it.

SOM will always be the best one for me because of Carrie! The original's awesome, as well, anyway! Whereas, I don't like the Grease movie as much, so SOM is better all the way around!

Old 03-21-2016, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved both the Sound of Music and Grease as a movie haven't seen Grease Live yet
Old 03-22-2016, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love both Greece movie and Greece Live!

Never seen SOM either version. Always meant to catch this one because Carrie was in it.

April
Old 03-22-2016, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First I saw the live version of SOM...and then the movie. And I loved both

I still need to watch Grease Live. I've heard great things though.

• • era • • [icon]
Old 03-23-2016, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You have? I only heard that Vanessa played in it a day after her dad died
Old 03-23-2016, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Leonie~ (View Post)
You have? I only heard that Vanessa played in it a day after her dad died
I thought he had died earlier that day. But she really rocked that part.

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread