Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

I'm anxious to see how Stephen Moyer and Carrie Underwood get along on the live production...

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 11-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I am too I honestly don't know much about Stephen though, I didn't even know he could sing.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Wanted to put this in here too
Old 11-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To You (View Post)
I am too I honestly don't know much about Stephen though, I didn't even know he could sing.
He can sing, I was surprised to learn that but he can. He just hasn't done any singing since he plays a vampire on True Blood.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 11-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
He can sing, I was surprised to learn that but he can. He just hasn't done any singing since he plays a vampire on True Blood.
I would imagine that would be all sorts of random for his character on True Blood to start randomly singing
Old 11-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Elite Fan

I would just die if his character in True Blood started singing. That would be beyond hilarious.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Carrie Underwood will have earned a well-deserved vacation in December.

The singer, who just wrapped up her sixth turn at co-hosting the CMA Awards with Brad Paisley, is spending most of her time in New York City, preparing for her role as Maria Von Trapp for the live televised performance of ‘The Sound of Music.’ In addition to rehearsing with an all-star cast, Underwood is working with both dialect and acting coaches, and was given extra time to prepare before she joined her co-stars.

“I knew I had the furthest to go,” Underwood admits to the New York Post.

Not that her bosses have any fear about her performance. Craig Zadan, who is producing the live broadcast along with Neil Meron, has high praise for the show’s star.

“She’s one of those people who showed up the first day and knew every line of the script and every note of every song,” he says proudly. “She’s an unbelievably hard worker.”

The multi-platinum selling singer says the music is a perfect fit for her, especially the song she sings with the young actors who play the Von Trapp children, ‘The Lonely Goatherd.’

“I’ve been yodeling my whole life, growing up listening to Kitty Wells and the Carter Family,” she explains.

But while she is enjoying singing, her favorite part of the musical has nothing to do with her own songs. Underwood says she is most impressed by the Broadway actresses who have taken on the role of the nuns.

“When they sang, I thought, ‘This is what heaven’s going to sound like,” she admits.

The producers, who have also teamed up for other live televised musicals, including ‘Cinderella’ with Whitney Houston and Brandy, and ‘Annie’ with Kathy Bates, knew that Underwood would be a perfect fit for the role, thanks in part to her worldwide appeal and her own personal beliefs.

“I think it’s very important, especially in a piece like this, a musical that deals with religion and nuns, that she has that fan base,” Zadan notes. “There’s an element in faith-based belief in the show. The spirituality in the show lends itself to Carrie’s core audience.”

Underwood adds that the show’s religious theme, with her character considering becoming a nun instead of raising the Von Trapp children, was especially appealing to her. “Her faith was very important to her and it’s important to me,” she explains.

‘The Sound of Music’ will air live on Dec. 5 at 8PM ET on NBC.
'Sound of Music' is Carrie Underwood's Biggest Challenge Yet
Old 11-15-2013, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Laura Benanti Says Her Sound of Music Co-Star Carrie Underwood Will ‘Prove the Haters Wrong’ | Broadway Buzz | Broadway.com

Quote:
“I think she is going to be great,” Benanti told Broadway.com of Underwood. “It always makes me sad when people seem to root against other people — it doesn’t feel generous. She is one of the most famous people in the world, and yet she is incredibly humble. She knows that she is a little bit out of her element here, but I have never seen a human being work as hard as she has, and she’s doing a really, really good job. I’ve seen tremendous growth in her over the past month, and we still have three more weeks to go, so I’m excited for her. I think she is going to prove the haters wrong.”
'Sound of Music Live!': Hear Carrie Underwood and Audra McDonald sing 'My Favorite Things' -- EXCLUSIVE
Listen
'Sound of Music Live!': Hear Carrie Underwood's 'My Favorite Things' | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 11-15-2013, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Wow that just sent shivers down my spine December 5th needs to get here now
Old 11-15-2013, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

she really is going to be great! I can picture it!
we know what she's capable of, she brings her A game to every concert and anythign she does so
Old 11-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

ITA Loren She is going to rock it like always.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Thanks for starting this thread! I was gonna ask to start one, but now I don't have to!

Love what Laura said about her! I can't wait to see her knocking people off of their feet!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 11-17-2013, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

We are super quick like that Jessica. This is such a amazing role for her, totally needed its own thread.

I think she is really going to blow people away with her performance. This is something so different for her, and she is going to prove all the haters wrong.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

icon
Old 11-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Carrie Underwood Gets The Julie Andrews Seal Of Approval Ahead Of NBC's 'The Sound Of Music Live!' | Contactmusic.com

Here is a interview that Carrie and Stephen did for Good Day LA. Their voices sound so well together.