Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2014, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Yeah I was wondering thAt too. Seems like she has been in the studio forever.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
The Sound of Music Live, starring Carrie Underwood in the lead role of Maria, was nominated for four Emmy awards Thursday: Outstanding Music Direction, Outstanding Directing for a Variety Special, Outstanding Special Class Program and Outstanding Technical Direction, Camerawork, Video Control for a Miniseries, Movie or a Special.

The live, three-hour broadcast of the classic Rodgers and Hammerstein musical aired back in December and also featured True Blood's Stephen Moyer and Broadway megastar Audra McDonald. It pulled in more than 18 million live viewers during its first broadcast — the largest audience for any NBC program since Frasier's final episode in 2004 — and eventually netted a total of 44 million viewers, thanks to a rebroadcast and a sizable, tech-savvy audience that tuned in via DVR and the Internet.

The Sound of Music Live! isn't Underwood's only foray into television. She launched her entertainment career on the fourth season of American Idol, back when the long-running singing competition was still the top-rated show on TV, and appeared in episodes of How I Met Your Mother and Sesame Street in 2010. Last year, she replaced Faith Hill as the voice of the NBC Sunday Night Football theme. Underwood has also been the co-host for the CMA Awards since 2008, sharing the honor with fellow country crooner (and occasional actor) Brad Paisley.

The 2014 Prime Time Emmy Awards will air on August 25th. Country music will also be represented by Blake Shelton, whose hit show, The Voice, is up for ten Emmys, including Outstanding Reality Competition Show.
Carrie Underwood's 'Music' Receives Four Emmy Nods | Music News | Rolling Stone

~ ~ ~

I don't think this was ever posted was it? Jennifer Nettles and Carrie singing 9 to 5 at the Opry.

Old 07-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Oh awesome! Well deserved! I didn't expect any nominations so this is a nice surprise!
Old 07-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so awesome how Carrie just walked in.. love it!
Miss watching her perform so much - so this was amazing.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Just saw the video now! I had heard about them performing together, I didn't know there was a video up of it, that is awesome! What a great performance. They sing so well together.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Carrie Underwood’s Upcoming Album ‘Definitely Feels Different’
Carrie Underwood’s Next Album ‘Definitely Feels Different’ | http://theboot.com/carrie-underwood-upcoming-album/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&trackback=tsmclip

Quote:
It’s been two years since Carrie Underwood released her No. 1, platinum-selling ‘Blown Away’ album, but fans won’t have to wait much longer for a new set of tunes. The songstress says she is hard at work on another record, which will be unlike anything she has released in the past.

“I’ve been writing a lot. It feels really good,” she reveals to the Hollywood Reporter. Adding that the project is a “new version” of herself, she says, “It’s just a progression, a different sound without losing myself in it. I’m not taking some crazy musical departure from what I’ve done, but it definitely feels different. It will feel different, look different, sound different.”

While Underwood hasn’t revealed if she will feature any collaborations on the upcoming record, with her duet with Miranda Lambert, ‘Something Bad,’ landing at No. 1, she says she’s definitely open to singing with Lambert again.

” ‘Something Bad’ was just the right song, the right time,” the former ‘American Idol‘ winner says. “All the stars lined up, and we got to do it. I guarantee that won’t be the last time we sing together, but it just hasn’t happened for this next album.”

Fans who can’t wait for Underwood’s new album will get a chance to hear the Oklahoma native’s voice on ‘Sunday Night Football’s’ opening song, ‘Waiting All Day for Sunday Night,’ reprising a role she began in 2013.

“This year, they were going for a roaming party-concert — lots of lights and they wanted it to feel really high-energy,” she says. “I got to go back into the studio and make a few tweaks.”

Underwood, who will also serve as the opening act for this year’s Super Bowl, says she enjoys being so closely involved with one of her favorite sports.

“I love football,” she says. “I’m honored they asked me to kick it off. Hopefully when people hear the song, they’ll just feel ready for the big game!”
Old 07-22-2014, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Thanks for that! Love hearing about her new album, I am so antsy to know when it will be released
Old 07-23-2014, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm so excited for this new album..i'd love to listen to some new music from her

• • era • • [icon]
Old 07-24-2014, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like how she's said it's "a different sound without losing myself in it". Sometimes artists give the impression before an album comes out that it's gonna be crazily different and then you listen and think it isn't really.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I liked that part too Naomi It is normal for artists to progress and change as they age and all that, but I don't want her to change that drastically at the same time

I wonder if it will be released later this year or next year.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TIME - Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews

The 100 Most Obsessed-Over People on the Web

Carrie Underwood is 48!

Funny to me she is in my top 3 behind Robert Downey Jr and Henry Cavill
Old 07-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Interesting list! Thanks for bringing that over! I was looking over it and had a hard time remembering who some of the people were to be honest Great she is on it though.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, i had to google some of them too..especially the ones related to sports

• • era • • [icon]
Old 07-27-2014, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I was shocked that George Bush was #1, never would have guessed that.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

quite shocked as well

• • era • • [icon]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread