Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Welcome to the Books Board! (Please read and respond before posting)

Hey everyone! We're Stay to the Lights & DiagonalZipper, the moderators of the Books board. We wanted to take the chance to say Hi!

It seems that there are a lot of guests floating around and we wanted to encourage you to join Fan Forum. It doesn't cost you a dime and it's a great place to make friends, hang out with cool people and talk about things that you love.

Anyway, a couple of rules for the board, which are pretty much the same as fan Forum's rules:

1. Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time and it is perfectly fine to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully, but do not attack other posters. Please treat other members with the same respect and courtesy that you would want for yourself.
2. Duplicate threads will be merged. Please look and see if there's already a Stephen King thread before making one, or any other thread for that matter. You can check the Card Catalog for your thread and also use the Google search link found in that thread to do a search of the forums. If you're not sure, feel free to PM one of the moderators and we'll check for you.
3. Do not post in all caps, as it’s considered Internet lingo for yelling (unless you're excited, and then only in moderation please).
4. Please do not post advertisements for books on the book board. This is considered spam and will be closed/deleted and if this behavior is repeated then it will be reported to the powers that be. We welcome information about books in order to stimulate discussion, but if you're looking to sell your book, you need to look elsewhere.
5. Spoilers for new books should only be discussed at the Spoilers Forum prior to the official release of the book. After the book has been officially released, please use spoiler tags for discussion for two weeks and also refrain from using quotes from the new books in icons or signatures for two weeks.

Again, welcome to the Books board! Please take a minute and introduce yourself here so we all can get to know old and new posters and fellow readers!

Name:
Birthday:
Favourite book(s):
Favourite genre(s):
Favourite author(s):
Other:

Birthdays thread is here

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~

Last edited by Tomorrow's skies; 01-07-2011 at 08:12 PM
Old 10-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Read and understood!

Renata · DC · LM · ©
Old 10-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread! You're on the ball, girl!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Supreme Fan

It's my first ever welcome thread

Thanks for responding colourtunes!

So, to get the ball rolling...I'm Gabriela and like most everyone on the board, reading is one of my favorite hobbies. It's been my favorite pastime for as long as I can remember. I used to read basically only Young Adult but am slowly branching out into regular fiction and fantasy. A few of my favorite books include Summers At Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn, Winter of Fire by Sherryl Jordan, and the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. Lately I've been trying to catch up on some classics that I haven't read yet (like Gone With the Wind) and have been reading some vampire books as well

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Read and understood.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Read and understood.

Hi Gabriela, nice to meet you!

To keep the ball rolling like you did... I'm Barely and I love to read! Used to read much more when younger, slowed down a lot but I am trying to get back to earlier speed, lol. Anyway, at the moment I am reading The Adventures of Tin Tin, The Graveyard Book & An American Dream.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Haha, you're just like me, Barely. I'm constantly reading more than one book at a time. People always ask me how I can keep them straight, but I've never really had a problem with it. Do people ever ask you that? And if so, feel free to give them an annoyed look from the both of us
Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

TheAngel Hehe, glad I am not the only one!! The good thing about reading more than one book at a time: if one gets suddenly boring or you simply don't feel like reading it at the moment, you can change to another one...

I haven't been asked that question yet, but when that happens I will definitely give them an annoyed look from the both of us.

Do you carry a book everywhere? (Like Rory from Gilmore girls. Haha, loved her! Have you seen that show? If you haven't... Rory is this book obsessed girl, it's fantastic!!) I did initially, but a book can be quite bulky, so now I only carry one when the journey is going to be long.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Supreme Fan

I just started this year really reading more than one book at once - I think as I have more going on in real life, I need my books to reflect that

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm Jen, and i can't go a day without reading something.
I can reading more than one book at a time, but i prefer not to. I tend to re-read my fav books.. i'm obsessed with the whole Vampire/Paranormal romance genre.

I've only really gotten back into reading the last year or two, before that i hadn't read in years.. not since i was a teenager. But now i'm back full force, and i feel like i never understood a time where i stopped.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Supreme Fan

Hey Jen! It's nice to get a re-introduction!

I really like to re-read too - I'm really trying to branch out and continue to read new books but I really find myself getting drawn back to books I've already read.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hello I'm Gizem
I -as all the people around here- am too a bookworm. It's always been one of my favourite hobbies.
In the past few years I've started catching up with classics and kind of fell in love with russian literature. I haven't read everything and often I don't agree with what I read but I love the settings of the novels a lot.
But I also still read teenage fiction from time to time. One of my favourite autors in that genre is Meg Cabot.
Currently I'm reading 'The Visit' by swiss autor Friedrich Dürrenmatt for school and 'The Black Book of branded companies'
Old 10-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, I'm Margaret
I love reading and I'll read just about anything. My favorites have been the Harry Potter series for a looong time, but I've been trying to branch out and read a lot more Right now, I'm reading The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak.
Oh, and I read and understood the rules
Old 10-09-2009, 05:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Hi Gizem and Margaret!! Welcome to the board!

Gizem - Meg Cabot books are really fun to read They always go so quickly for me.

Margaret - The Harry Potter series are some of my favorite books too We've got an HP thread here if you're interested

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Hey Gizem and Margaret. It's great to have new people at the book board. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask Gabriela or myself. And of course, have fun
Closed Thread   Post New Thread