Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2015, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand #3: Cynthia sometimes listens to playlists to feel these characters again.

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees...
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

In this compelling sequel to Unearthly, Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.

The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.

Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just saw this in an interview she did about her new book

Quote:
Do you miss Clara, Tucker, Angela, Christian and the gang as much as we do?

Heck, yes! Sometimes I listen to my playlists from those books just to feel them again. I also have a Christian novella that is half-written that has been awfully tempting to me these days.
Must be something she has been doing on the side, Maybe she'll publish it eventually, but she has quite a few things on her plate right now.

Cynthia Hand talks The Last Time We Say Goodbye | Between the Covers
Old 02-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Added this series to my to-read list! Kept showing up on my Goodreads Recs so I'm gonna have to check it out
icon: rebel hearts
Rebel Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you like them.

I adore them. Especially Tucker.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks I hope I enjoy them too
Old 02-11-2015, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I have been thinking I might re-read these someday soon, maybe I'll like Tucker and T/C on a second try
Old 02-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Jen, just found that interview today. How cool. I hope she will finish it.

anettbianka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope so too. This is what we have wanted!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

I like to think my e-mail helped the matter.

anettbianka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anettbianka (View Post)
I like to think my e-mail helped the matter.
Haha, I bet it did.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

I need to read this book series.

Quote:
“It’s you,” he says. He starts to walk toward me. Behind him, the fire crests the hill. It’s raging toward us, but I don’t feel afraid. We walk toward each other until we’re standing face-to-face.
“It’s me,” I answer. “I’m here.” I reach out and take his hand, which feels easy, like I’ve been with him all my life.

“It’s Aspen Hill Cemetery,” he says. “It’s probably the most peaceful place I know. I go there sometimes to think, and …”
And talk to his mom. He goes there to talk to his mom.
“So when you said that thing about the stairs, and the hillside and the fence, I knew,” he says quietly.
“You knew I was dreaming about the cemetery,” I say.
“I’m sorry,” he whispers.

He puts his hand on my wrist and shows me what he saw. He thinks I was dying.
He licks his lips. “I don’t know what to do. I only know that when I’m there, in that room, wherever it is, I have one overwhelming thought. I have to keep you safe.” Something works in his throat. “I would lay down my life to protect you, Clara,” he says. “That’s what I feel. I’d die to protect you.”
Source: dreammetheworld

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's gorgeous.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Elite Fan

That edit is so pretty People on Tumblr are so talented
Old 03-13-2015, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Makes me jealous.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

I've always wanted to make edits for my favorite books but I don't think I'd make them that good
Reply   Post New Thread