Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Why should being bitten by a werewolf change you into one yourself? SM never said anything about that in the books and I don't think that is how it works. It's in their genetics, it's in the tribe. It's the Quileutes that become werewolves, not people who have been bitten by one. And honestly, Jacob would never bite Bella. That's not who he is.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ-Isa (View Post)
Why should being bitten by a werewolf change you into one yourself? SM never said anything about that in the books and I don't think that is how it works. It's in their genetics, it's in the tribe. It's the Quileutes that become werewolves, not people who have been bitten by one. And honestly, Jacob would never bite Bella. That's not who he is.
I agree, SM made it clear that it has to be in your blood to become a werewolf... & yes even though at times I dilike Jacob, I know he would never hurt her... well not knowingly anyway.
Where you are going will be better
Old 01-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Actually,it does change you when you get bitten,i red it in a encyclopaedia about mythology.I just hope it doesn't happen.And i'm not sure that there is going to have a happy ending for Bella and Edward,maybe she doesn't want to be changed into a vampire,and this is the only way for them to be together(i mean forever).
"He thought the world was a horrible place. He couldn't have been very happy, ever. He didn't trust people. Seemed to hate them. He hated the whole world. You know, he said people like us had no idea what the world was really like. "
-Uncle Charlie,Shadow of A Doubt
icon
Old 01-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbiddenFruit23 (View Post)
Actually,it does change you when you get bitten,i red it in a encyclopaedia about mythology.I just hope it doesn't happen.And i'm not sure that there is going to have a happy ending for Bella and Edward,maybe she doesn't want to be changed into a vampire,and this is the only way for them to be together(i mean forever).
It doesn't happen in SM's world. The same way that her vampires don't burn in sunlight...

Last edited by iamsher; 01-29-2008 at 11:59 AM
Old 01-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think you are right , i mean E & B must have got happy ending(or at least i want them to).Am I the only one who noticed that we got so used to call Isabella "Bella" that we almost forgot her real name .Maybe her new nickname is going to be...Izzie ?
"He thought the world was a horrible place. He couldn't have been very happy, ever. He didn't trust people. Seemed to hate them. He hated the whole world. You know, he said people like us had no idea what the world was really like. "
icon
Old 01-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't want to argue, but like iamsher already said, this isn't real mythology. This is fiction and SM has created her own kind of mythology for Twilight. And also, why shouldn't Bella want to be changed anymore? It's all she ever wants because she wants be with Edward forever. And she is ready to suffer if she can get it.

ETA: I like the name Bella. I mean, I used to freak out every time someone called me Bella but it's a beautiful name. I do like Isabella, too, but I like Bella more. And God, no way there's someone who calls her Izzie. I'll hunt down the person who does. Izzie is just so not our Bella.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
ETA: I like the name Bella. I mean, I used to freak out every time someone called me Bella but it's a beautiful name. I do like Isabella, too, but I like Bella more. And God, no way there's someone who calls her Izzie. I'll hunt down the person who does. Izzie is just so not our Bella.
I agree,Bella is a beautiful name,Isabella is very over-dramatic for my taste,and Izzie always reminds me of GA,and it sounds like a dog name.
icon
Old 01-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Loyal Fan

I like the name Belle

Izzie just, meh. Doesn't suit the story.lol.

"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which, as they kiss, consume."
Old 01-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ok,people,maybe i am being too pesimistic,but what if Jacob bites Bella and she changes to a werewolf?This is going to be terrible,but it won't happen i just know it.
About the board-we should make appr threads for the cast(one for Kristen,one for Robert,and when the other cast is being announced for them too).
I'm too excited for the board,the movie and the new book .
PS:We should also make thread for our dream cast,where we can share our thought about our dream cast,and the current one.
That can't happen in the Twilight Universe. Stephenie has already said that. I'm not sure where, but it's probably in the personal correspondences over at Twilight Lexicon.

Only hereditary determines if someone is going to be a werewolf.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 01-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Supreme Fan

Bella suits. It means Beautiful in Italian doesn't it. It works, because we're always kind of assaulted by the idea that Bella is very plain, or at least not an amazing beauty but at the same time she does have a beauty, a good heart that doesn't want to hurt anyone. Izzie to me does remind me of Gray's Anatomy, it's a little too modern. Bella is such a throwback to the combination of Edward's time and Bella's modernity.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

Slightly OT...but is anyone else planning to read Stephenie Meyer's upcoming novel...The Host? The premise is kinda interesting...
Old 01-30-2008, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptySmile (View Post)
Slightly OT...but is anyone else planning to read Stephenie Meyer's upcoming novel...The Host? The premise is kinda interesting...
Never heard of it
Old 01-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm really intrigued about it. I think I'm gonna read it if I can get my hands on a copy. It's really promising. I love how unconventional Meyer's romances are set in. Most Sci-Fi stories have little room for an all-out romance so this is a bit daring. I'm excited, actually.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
When I heard it was sci-fi I wasn't planning on picking it up. But after they released their official synopsis, it intrigued me enough that I set up a reminder to buy it the day it's released.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not a big fan of Sci-Fi too but, yeah, the unconventionality of just attracts us, doesn't it? I bet it'll be brilliant.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread