Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

TheAngel - Do you still want to go? Or can I?
Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Haha, I'd totally forgotten about this thread. I'd kind of still like to go. Maybe I can be in the hot seat until Monday and then it can be your turn. So, let me see, my questions from way back.

Sprite or 7-Up?
Sprite. I don't think I've ever even had a 7-up actually.
What book would you like to be made into a TV series/movie?
I'd love to see more cyberpunk be made into movies because I think that they could be really interesting. I think that the Takeshi Kovacs novels by Richard K. Morgan would make an amazing movie trilogy or TV series because the main character is really complicated. I'd also love to see Wicked made into a movie, maybe something that actually isn't a musical because even though I loved the musical, I thought the relationships in the book were fascinating and there was a lot left out of the Broadway show that could, and should, be included in a movie.
What's your favorite genre of books?
Science fiction, without a doubt, though my favorite sub-genre is cyberpunk. But I also like fantasy and there's a soft place in my heart for classic American literature (What, I was an English Major in college so I read a lot of it and fell in love with some of it)
Old 10-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

LOL, that's okay. I'm sure your not the only one!

What's your favorite book?
Is there a book you've read many times before? If so, which one? Why?
If you were stranded on an island, what three books would you take with you? Why?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Supreme Fan

What's your favorite book?
I think my favorite book is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It's the first book I really remember falling in love with and the first chapter book I read with my grandmother when I was a kid.

Is there a book you've read many times before? If so, which one? Why?
Hmm, I always read The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton every year because I think it's just a really well written book. It's emotional and heartbreaking, but also really hopeful.

If you were stranded on an island, what three books would you take with you? Why?
Hmm, let me see. I'd probably take The Complete Short Stories of Earnest Hemingway because I really think he's a good writer. He's entertaining and I think he's misunderstood, especially with female readers, because I actually don't see him as being a misogynist.
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens because I've wanted to read it for ages it it would keep me busy for quite a while.
and Lord of the Flies by William Golding to remind myself to look on the bright side because I could be stranded on an island with a group of school boys.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Outsiders was awesome.

What is that one book that you've always wanted to read but never got around to?
Do you use a bookmark or fold the pages?
Who is your favorite character in a book?
Old 10-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Supreme Fan

What is that one book that you've always wanted to read but never got around to?
Hmm, lots and lots of them, actually. But I think there are a lot of classics I'd like to read, David Copperfield, Foucault's Pendulum, Le Morte D'Arthur and so many others.
Do you use a bookmark or fold the pages?
Both, it depends on the book. If I bought it new, I'll probably use a bookmark and if it's from the library, I always will. But, if I bought it used and it's not in great shape then it doesn't matter.
Who is your favorite character in a book?
Hmm, well, like I said, Little Women is my favorite book so Jo March is probably one of my favorites because she's one of the first real feminist literary characters.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Supreme Fan

If you could date one character from any novel, who would it be?
Who is an author whose writing you really admire, and what do you like about it?
What do you think has been the worst book to movie adaptation you've seen?

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Where do you normally like to read? (ex: bed, couch)
How many books do you own?
What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Old 10-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Supreme Fan

If you could date one character from any novel, who would it be?
Hmm, I have a thing for Emmit in the Twilight books, but really, probably either Mr. Darcey or Sodapop from The Outsiders.

Who is an author whose writing you really admire, and what do you like about it?
I'm a huge fan of Lian Hearn's writings. She wrote the Tales of the Otori series and they're beautifully written. She does an amazing job of painting a picture with her words and not turning her characters into cliches. Really, they're beautiful books that combine Ancient Eastern philosophy with mysticism and excellent characterization.

What do you think has been the worst book to movie adaptation you've seen?
...All of them. But no, really, probably the worst I've ever seen is either the movie of The DaVinci Code because Tom Hanks was not right for that role and they made it more about the action and adventure than the concept of Jesus having a child and the importance of the secret than the book did, or the live action version of The Jungle Book that came out in the early 1990s, because it was horribly acted, written, and just really didn't do justice to the book or the Disney movie.

Where do you normally like to read? (ex: bed, couch) I read a lot on my bed before I go to sleep, but during the day I'll either sit on the back porch, during good weather, or in a comfy chair I have in my bedroom.

How many books do you own?
Last time I checked I had close to 300 but I probably have about 310 now because I've bought several since then. The most I've ever had was about 420 but I culled some of those over the years.

What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Easy one!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like that ice cream, too!
Wow! Where do you store all your books at? How many bookshelves do you have?

What's your favorite movie?
Candy?
Do you have any pets?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Supreme Fan

I have a ton of bookcases. I have three in my bedroom at home and I had two really tall ones at my apartment. All those books are in boxes now, though, but they fit fairly well in those bookcases.

What's your favorite movie?
That's a really good question. I watch a lot of movies, but I think right now either The Jane Austen Book Club or Bride and Prejudice are my favorites.
Candy?
Kit-kats or Reeses
Do you have any pets?
Yep, three dogs and two cats, though only one of the dogs and one of the cats is officially "mine".
Old 10-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, what kind of dogs are they?

What book could you not get through with? (ex, b/c it was boring, made you angry...)
Old 10-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Supreme Fan

I have a nine month old husky, a six year old mutt (we really have no idea what she is), and my little boy is a 3 year old pug/Boston Terrier mix.

What book could you not get through with? (ex, b/c it was boring, made you angry...)
Hmm, most of the problems I have with books is that they're really boring. I hated reading The Prince by Machiavelli when I was in high school, and I never finished it just because I thought it was so dry and boring. So yeah, that's probably the main one. Most books I find boring, at some point I go back and try them again.

And since its Monday, isn't it your turn to be in the hot seat, Tina?

OK, my questions for you are:
What is your favorite kind of fast food?
If you could turn any book into a movie or TV show, what would it be and why?
How much would you be willing to pay for a book (like a rare first edition or something signed by the author) and what book would you pay that much for?
Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Supreme Fan

The Prince is awful! I had to read that in college and it was tough to get through because it was very dry and boring.

Okay, questions for Tina:

What was your favorite childhood story of fairytale?
Do you prefer to write with pen or pencil?
If you could have a talk with one author (past or present), which author would it be and what would be one question you would ask him or her?

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks, girls. This slipped my mind, sorry!

What is your favorite kind of fast food? I like Wendy's sometimes. But all in all, I'm not much of a fast food type of girl.
If you could turn any book into a movie or TV show, what would it be and why? I would probably turn Perfect into a movie because of Judith McNaught's writing style and characters - they would definately come to life through the movie even more!
How much would you be willing to pay for a book (like a rare first edition or something signed by the author) and what book would you pay that much for? Hmm, that's a really good question! Maybe $100? It would depend on what book I would want.

What was your favorite childhood story of fairytale? Cinderalla. I just love the whole storyline.
Do you prefer to write with pen or pencil? Pen, for sure.
If you could have a talk with one author (past or present), which author would it be and what would be one question you would ask him or her? My favorite author, probably, Judith McNaught. I'm sure your probably tired of hearing that name. I would probably ask her, what was her favorite book to write and why.

Thanks for the questions, dears! Keep 'em coming, and this time I won't forget!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread