Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Three Questions thread #1: Ask three questions and answer three.

Who wants to go next?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No one?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

I will.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

ok

What's your favorite book?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

To be honest, I have a lot of favorite books. I can name four faves (which are in no particular order) though, is that okay?
*The Harry Potter Series: These books are amazing. They are more than just 7 books about a boy wizard. There's social commentary, humor, love, questions about fate, it's an amazing series.
*Dream Factory: This story is about what happens when the character actors at Disney go on strike. I know it sounds like a really dopey premise but this book is really great and it's a very honest look at young adults coming to terms with becoming more mature and actually growing up. I picked this up at a book festival years ago and still love it now. It has a load of good quotes about growing up too.
*Roses are Red/Violets are Blue: I consider these two books by James Patterson one big one really. The mystery was really compelling and one of the better twist endings about who the brains behind things that I've ever read. These are also what got my hooked on the Alex Cross books. That was about 6 years ago and I'm still loving them.
*Something Wicked This Way Comes: Ray Bradbury is a genius, plain and simple. It was after I read this book that I really got into his work. He like Rowling covers so many topics in his short stories and novels too. I love how he can go from talking about society to discussing the fate of who we are in our own lives within one book.
Next question?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Who is your favourite author?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Supreme Fan

What is your favorite genre and why?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Addicted Fan

What was your favorite book you read in the last 3 months, and why?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have two fave authors actually. I love James Patterson for his awesome mysteries that still have heart to them when showing Alex Cross's family life. I could probably re-read all of his books within a week just becuase there so gripping. I also love Ray Bradbury because he can write so many different stories/styles/etc within one book. His short stories can range from odd science fiction to terror to nostalgia and sad memories within a few pages and I love it. Plus he wrote two books that I absolutely adore too Something Wicked This Way Comes and Fahrenheit 451. His books even make commentary on writing and literature at some points, how many writers do that, honestly?

My fave genre is probably fiction, specifically young adult fiction because there's some really kick-butt authors and stories out now. Young adult to me doesn't just mean teenagers either because as a 21 year old I sometimes can relate the seemingly immature stories to stuff now in my life. John Green's stuff is a perfect example of this and what I've read of the Uglies series does too.

And speaking of the Uglies series...the first book in that is my fave these last three months. It's a really good thought-provoking book because of some of the slight mentions to stuff going on now in terms of body image, beauty and thinking for yourself. The books are supposedly way in the future but to read about people then discussing fashion magazines from now and discuss what's so important about the woman having no clothes on to sell stuff or that she looked so skinny and that she must have had that disease where you don't eat. ... It was a really clever way to make people wonder (at least with me) what populations centuries from now will think when they look back on our body image obsessed culture.

Anyway yeah I'm known for long-winded responses to everything . Hope that wasn't too bad.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Worst book you ever read?

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 01-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Worst book? The only one that came to mind really is Frankenstein. I had to read it for Junior year honors English in high school. It just wasn't that good in my opinion. I liked to joke with people that it took 100 pages to get interesting and it was only about 150 pages long. I just didn't find the whole man creates object and it doesn't work so the thing turns evil story that cool. I love Mel Brooks' parody of it but yeah the book by Mary Shelley is not good.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Addicted Fan

What's your favorite book by John Green?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

fav movie?
fav author?
why do you like to read?
Old 01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've only read one by John Green so far but it was awesome. Looking for Alaska is such an interesting book and very well written. So many teen/young adult books are written full of cliche characters and plots but that one wasn't. I think it'd make a great movie too and I hope when/if it gets released the people do it justice. I am looking forward to reading Paper Towns though because I bought it for a fellow John Green fan and she said it was great.

I have sooo many fave movies . I love them almost as much as I love reading/books. I won't describe why the following are in my top 7 films because there isn't enough time/space to do so. I'll just list them and if anyone wants an explanation for one of them just ask.
*Dead Poets Society
*Shawshank Redemption
*Harold and Maude
*Savannah Smiles
*Where the Heart Is
*The Big Chill
*Beetlejuice

I have two fave authors actually. I love James Patterson for his awesome mysteries that still have heart to them when showing Alex Cross's family life. I could probably re-read all of his books within a week just becuase there so gripping. I also love Ray Bradbury because he can write so many different stories/styles/etc within one book. His short stories can range from odd science fiction to terror to nostalgia and sad memories within a few pages and I love it. Plus he wrote two books that I absolutely adore too Something Wicked This Way Comes and Fahrenheit 451. His books even make commentary on writing and literature at some points, how many writers do that, honestly?

Asking why I like to read is a great question actually. I think it's just because it's so fun to find out about other worlds, people, stories, etc. I love getting immersed in stuff that's not my life that's part of a good story. A good book also changes how you look at certain things in life and stays with you forever. I will always treasure the books I read as a kid/early teen because they are what got me hooked on reading and helped me form my opinions about some things, how I see others, my interests, etc.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Which book did you read the fastest? Which one took you ages to finish?