Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think that if she'd given it more time and had actually been with Clay, she wouldn't have had to do that.
I agree. Clay could have definitely helped her, if only she had stayed with him at the party.

I felt bad for Tony. He wasn't even on the tapes, yet he had the biggest responsibility of them all and shared a lot of the guilt - making sure everyone listened to them. It's been a while since I've read this book, but I remember the car scene between Clay/Tony as being so intense.

Gabriela - I also expected Clay to be the last person to get the tapes. What did you all think Mr. Porter being the last person getting the tapes? The ending was disturbing, since if I remember correctly, he was the only adult on the tapes. I can only imagine how guilty he must have felt when Hannah committed suicide, knowing she spoke to him when he was filling in as the guidance counselor.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

I own this book and I love it. One of my all time fav books!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Supreme Fan

The car scene between Clay and Tony was really emotional and very well written I like that they each had someone they could really talk to about everything...they were both two people very much affected by the tapes even though neither was really a part of them (even though Clay was, he was in a completely different category than everybody else).

I think Mr. Porter getting the tapes last was fitting, albeit very disturbing. Everybody else's were things that they did but really had no clue what was going on with Hannah...whereas she told Mr. Porter basically what was going on. But I also kind of feel like she went to talk to him already kind of deciding that it wasn't going to help, if that makes sense. I feel like she went there less to get help and more to just prove a point or to have a dramatic ending.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also got the sense that Hannah reaching out to Mr. Porter was a last resort and it seemed like a half-hearted attempt - like she was almost expecting that he would fail in helping her. Mr. Porter was only filling in, so he might not have been the most qualified to deal with this.

It would have been interesting to learn more about Hannah's family. If I remember, there wasn't much about them in the book.
Old 08-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Master Fan

I just finished this book yesterday, ad it officially became one of my favorite books of all time. I loved the writing, and everything just seemed to fit together. I also expected Clay to be the last person on the tapes, but the fact that it was Mr. Porter fit as well.

Quote:
The car scene between Clay and Tony was really emotional and very well written I like that they each had someone they could really talk to about everything...they were both two people very much affected by the tapes even though neither was really a part of them (even though Clay was, he was in a completely different category than everybody else).
That was my favorite scene in the whole book. I really felt for Clay in it. He found out that he could've reached out to her, but he didn't and now it's too late. He had no clue how much she needed him, and when he found out he just lost it.

Quote:
But the people that had more of a negative role in everything didn't seem to really feel the guilt as much as the more innocent, like Clay or Tony.
It was "little" things they did that they didn't know would have such an impact on Hannah.

"I guess that's the point of it all. No one knows for certain how much of impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes we have no clue."
Old 03-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

I just began this book yesterday, i am on tape no2, i think that makes sense lol

So far i am getting into it
Emma Swan ♥ Killian Hook Jones
Lennie1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:10 AM
New Fan

Seems to be a great book in order to go for and to read, would definitely like to go and give this a try.....
Anna James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just finished this book and all I can say is wow ... I don't think I'll be able to stop thinking about it for a long time, its just haunting and while I was reading it I couldn't help feeling like this was a very important book.

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
s e r e n i t y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

This book was truly amazing. The kind of book that would stay with you for a long time. I'm so excited they're making a movie!
Old 08-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the movie does the book justice.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I want to read this book
Old 08-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Periwinkles (View Post)
I hope the movie does the book justice.
Yeah, I really hope so as well.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

i'm currently reading this book and i'm just into the part where clay got into the car with tony. can someone make a list of the people in the tapes in order to help me out?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

I just read this last month; I finished it in literally 5 hours. I couldn't put it down and I kept wanting to know who was next on the tapes. Such a moving story.
Izzy Lightwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Elite Fan

i got my friend and my sister to read this and they cried for days after finishing it. it really is such an affecting story.
Reply   Post New Thread