Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher #1: An unforgettable story that resonates very much in today's society.

It's a book by Jay Asher. Lovely, sad and heart-wrenching. I swear I cried after reading it. It's such a wonderful book.

TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY › The Book

Read it seriously, it'll change the way you look at things.
insertusernamehere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

I REALLY want to read this book, it was recommended to me by an author.
Brody♥Bilson
How Cute Is She is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I finished reading this book yesterday. It was really good and compelling, I'm glad I read it.
water lilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Addicted Fan

I own it, and I loved it. I read it over winter break. I am going to keep my eye on this author. His idea was fresh, and I liked that.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I listed the people down (not in order though):

1.Alex
2.Justin
3.Jessica
4.Bryce
5.Tyler
6.CLAY!
7.Marcus
8.Ryan? (the poem guy)
9.Mr Porter
10.Courtney
11.Jenny
12.Zach

It's so beautiful how Asher doesn't describe the characters. He leaves the readers to their own imaginations, only emphasizing the character and personality of the people. Great character development and plot.

I think that Hannah could've not committed suicide. She pushed herself over the edge, so she'd have an excuse. I really wish Clay stayed with Hannah when she made him leave.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Supreme Fan

This looks like an amazing book - unfortunately, my library doesn't have any available copies at the moment, but I'm hoping to get my hands on it soon. By the description, it kind of sounds like The Pact which I read a bit ago and loved.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

I read this book a while ago; it was amazing. I read it late at night and it gave me chills. Really fresh format, and a resounding storyline. It was amazing.

It's not that much like the Pact, at all, really. But it is really good!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Loyal Fan

I really want to read this book, a friend of mine said it was amazing. It seems so heartbreaking. I cannot wait until I read it. It's plot itself can break your heart.

“Hudgens, free from the plastic Disney packaging, is winsome and winning.â€
icon by hsmlove@lj
heat. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Supreme Fan

I just started the book and it's really interesting already. It gets right into the story and really pulls you in with the intrigue of what exactly is going on, as well as the depth of the subject itself. I can't wait to see how the progression down the list goes.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-27-2010, 06:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I just started the book and it's really interesting already. It gets right into the story and really pulls you in with the intrigue of what exactly is going on, as well as the depth of the subject itself. I can't wait to see how the progression down the list goes.
You'll love it Have fun reading!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually just bought this book the other day after someone recommended it to me on GoodReads.com but I've got a fair few other books to read before I get to it.

It looks really good and I can't wait to read it
NickyWicky09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Ive just recently read this book. It was a great! I felt so bad for Hannah.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm a bit farther into and am really liking it. It's so disturbing and I love the insight Hannah's POV has as far as even the littlest things having a big impact. I'm really really curious about why Clay is on the list since according to him, he has done nothing to warrant it.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 01-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Don't worry, in the end, it'll all make sense.

othgirl8706
- Yeah, me too. Also for Clay. I think that if she'd given it more time and had actually been with Clay, she wouldn't have had to do that.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Supreme Fan

I finished it last night and.....wow. What a good book. I like that Clay wasn't actually really supposed to be on the tapes, but his place on the tapes was also weird to me. I would have expected him to be closer to the end. At first I thought he should be the last one, but then I loved the ending with the counselor.

I was just amazed at how everything connected together so well and how all these students had this connection that no one was really aware of until these tapes, especially regarding the accident and the stop sign.

I like too that I was left kind of feeling angry at Hannah because, like Clay says, there was someone there, and it felt like Hannah knew it too to some extent. It was a little overwhelming that almost everyone either felt or shared a little of the blame...Clay, Tony, Hannah, the counselor, etc. But the people that had more of a negative role in everything didn't seem to really feel the guilt as much as the more innocent, like Clay or Tony.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Reply   Post New Thread