Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey you guys, I'm sure it's stupid since the movie is not even in production yet but I made a thread over at the movies for the film.

So really those who likes Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson and who are actually looking forward for the film, please stop by.

http://www.fanforum.com/f14/twilight...-die-62822356/
Old 12-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Thanks for letting us know!
Old 12-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

I'm have no desire to see the movie and it has nothing to do with the casting, after reading the sides it doesn't seem like Twilight to me. The movie IMO seems to have taken on a whole life of its own.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 12-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupertmylove (View Post)
hi guys! it's so good to see that I'm not the only one completely in love with Edward!

this is one of my favourite quotes from Twilight:
"For almost ninety year I've walked among my kind, and yours ... all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

but what I love most is Edward and Bella's sense of humour

“Yesterday I kiss you, and you attack me! Today I kiss you, and you pass out on me! So much for being good at everything.”

"Do you want me to bolt the doors so you can massacre the unsuspecting townsfolk?" I whispered conspiratorially.
"And where do you fit into that scheme?" He glared.
"Oh, I'm with the vampires, of course."
He smiled reluctantly. "Anything to get out of dancing."
"Anything."

Loving all those quotes!!
& I absolutly love your icon!!
Did you make it?
Where you are going will be better
Old 12-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I love the way Edward talks but at the same time I find it to be highly sappy and overly sweet. Like a really good piece of candy that burns your tongue with sweetness and gives you cavities. I agree that it suits him and works coming from him; but I can only take it in small doses. I like my guys a bit prickly around the edges and when Steph over writes it grates me.

Quote:
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love."

Whenever I read that part, I have to slow it up a bit. It sounds so much better in my head that way.
I find that to be one of those all too sweet moments. Ha I read it slow too, because it does make it sound better.

I like Steph's writing. I enjoy the simplicity of the Twilight series. I think it's written like a really really good fanfiction (which isn't a bad thing) which works for the character voice that it's coming from. I don't think it's great American literature but it's not like really bad fanfiction either.

I'm looking forward to the movie but at the same time I'm scared for it. Books to movies never really work out to me. You can't take hundreds of pages of written words and adapt it to a hour and a half movie without screwing something up. The adaption process never really works out to me. Also I just love the idea of using your own imagination in order to see the written word. I like the idea that everyone has their own Edward and Bella and Jacob (so on and so forth) with a movie it all becomes too limited somehow. I just hate that it's become "why read the book when I can simply wait for the movie to come out".

I'm happy with Robert as Edward. He looks Edward like to me. The only thing I have to nit pick is his eye brows. They seriously freak me out. Him and Daniel Radcliffe's eye brows freak me out. For me Danielle and Gaspard are engraved in my head as Bella and Edward. But I think Kristen and Robert have boat loads of talent, and will really do the roles justice.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I'm being optimistic. I never considered Robert before but it could have been worse.

It could have been... Zac Efron and Emma Roberts... YIKES.

Rob and Kristen are very good actors and the director is very good as well. And there's news of how the sides show a great script. Besides, everyone's idea of how Edward looks is different. The director can't make everyone happy but if she picked Rob, I'm sure it's for a good reason. I'm just happy they picked someone who can actually ACT rather than just look good. For me, it was important that first and foremost they pick someone who could project how Edward is and not just how he looks. And I can see Rob might be able to pull it off despite complains of how he isn't good-looking enough. I remember the same complains of anticipated characters like... Anakin from Star Wars or Elijah as Frodo... Before that, no one could picture Hayden as Anakin or Elijah as Frodo but there you go... the movies were widely successful.

You guys just gotta give these two actors a chance. They might actually blow you away and surprise us all. Trust me, the director is warmly received by critiques and she has always been good with bringing out the best from her actors... Evan Rachel Wood was nominated for a Golden Globe because of a performance from a movie directed by the same director! I'm initially not a fan of both Kristen and Rob's looks but their acting is quite promising. I have faith that those in charge were doing what they deemed was right.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm just happy they picked someone who can actually ACT rather than just look good. For me, it was important that first and foremost they pick someone who could project how Edward is and not just how he looks.
thats what i cant seeing him do more than anything. Acting like Edward. Recentley i've seen pics where he's looked alright looking but he just doesnt have anything 'Edward' about him at all.

I'm not going to see the probable car crash of an adaptation anyway so it doesn't matter to me how good the actors are. They simply are not the characters. Casting left too much to be desired. Then again the scriptwriter selection didn't bode well for this 'movie adaptation' in the first place.

Stephanie should have asked for a deal where she had control over casting and she could have written the script! It wouldn't exactly be hard since she's already a writer.

That being said I think we should keep the talk of the 'movie' out of this thread anyway since this is the books board and now there is a thread for the 'movie adaptation' at the movies board

It might avoid pending squabbles over certain actors

What is everyone's fav chapter out of all 3 books?

Last edited by Insanitic; 12-17-2007 at 04:00 AM
Old 12-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

Here are some clips in which I hope will change your opinion of him:

And an interview of him:

Sorry - hee. I just hope people will give the movie a chance because it could help the books as well.

Favorite chapter... I can't pick!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAwesome (View Post)

Loving all those quotes!!
& I absolutly love your icon!!
Did you make it?
no, I found it somewhere... I don't remember!

as I can see from some of your comments, I'm not the only one that can't see Robert as Edward! I was so disappointed when I found out that he had been casted! nothing against him, of course, but he's just not Edward at all!
as far as I'm concerned, Gaspard will always be my Edward!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

... such as Gaspard/Henry/Tom will always be Edward... but I just don't think it's a reason to boycott the movie. I love the story too much to pass on the chance to experience it onscreen and heighten it all with the music and special effects.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantPepper (View Post)
... such as Gaspard/Henry/Tom will always be Edward... but I just don't think it's a reason to boycott the movie. I love the story too much to pass on the chance to experience it onscreen and heighten it all with the music and special effects.
no, no, I won't boycott the movie! now I'm too curious to see how they will portray the story!
and I'm pretty excited to see who will be casted to be Jacob!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Elite Fan

Ahhh... Jacob. Now that Bella and Edward are cast, Jacob and Alice are the next greatest challenge.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantPepper (View Post)
It could have been... Zac Efron and Emma Roberts... YIKES.
There's still hope that Zac can be Jacob!!!!!

I have so many favorite chapters, it's so hard to pick just one. I really love chapter 8 of Twilight, chapter 20 of Eclipse, and chapters 19-23 in New Moon.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Little Secret (View Post)
There's still hope that Zac can be Jacob!!!!!

I have so many favorite chapters, it's so hard to pick just one. I really love chapter 8 of Twilight, chapter 20 of Eclipse, and chapters 19-23 in New Moon.
@.@

Btw, I found these on YT:

Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Supreme Fan

I finished Twilight last night and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book. Like I said, I don't normally read lighter, young adult romance novels but I really enjoyed it. I can understand it's appeal. It makes you feel good about love but at the same time you're torn because you can see both Edward and Bella's side. She wants to be with him as he does with her but he's constantly afraid of hurting her because of what he is. It's an interesting concept. I think that inner struggle was written well, especially since it was in 1st person and the initial part of Edward's struggle had to be based on physical description.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread