Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForEver_Silenced (View Post)
If they did have James trying to kill Bella be the main plot would there be enough Edward and Bella time? Most of the book was about them. The whole James thing only took up like 5-6 chapters. Obviously, I'm being selfish and all I care about is the Bella and Edward storyline.
*Laugh.* I agree with you, but I think that it was part of the main plot. I mean, she started out her prologue with the hunter bit. And I figure it'd be more of an action/adventure than romance movie, especially since MTV might be doing it.

I don't know, I see them focusing on Edward saving Bella after fighting with himself.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, I agree. The movie would probably be more adventure type. I just don't really want to get my hopes up about anything. The book is nothing short of amazing. I just feel if the movie doesn't do it justice. I'd be really disappointed. It feels weird talking about the possibility of a movie likes it's about to come out or something.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. The movie would probably be more adventure type. I just don't really want to get my hopes up about anything. The book is nothing short of amazing. I just feel if the movie doesn't do it justice. I'd be really disappointed. It feels weird talking about the possibility of a movie likes it's about to come out or something.
Agreed. Bah. I'd love to see it on the big screen, though.

Anyway. I want to make icons. What are some favorite quotes?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Fan

I love the whole 'lion fell in love with the lamb' or 'If I could dream, it would be about you and I'm not ashamed of it and 'I love you more than everything else in this world combined. Isn't that enough. Enough for forever.'

Makes me want to read the book again.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm reading it, but I think I outread myself. >< So I haven't picked it up in a few days. The book is just fantastic. I can't wait for Eclipse!

What do you think will happen?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Bella seemed determined to befriend Jacob again which I liked. But with Edward and Jacob being what they are I just don't see how that's going to work out. Mostly because of how Jacob reacted when he saw Edward. Jacob knows about his power so he could use that to his advantage. I'm scared of a huge fallout between them.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

I feel bad for Bella because she really does try to be friends with Jacob, but because he's a werewolf and Edward's a vampire, Jacob almost refuses to be friends with her. I know that SM created the tension for a reason, but I almost favor Edward and the Cullens over Jacob and his clan because the Cullens seem to be more "accomdating" (for lack of a better word). They don't seem to outright want to -harm- the werewolves, where the werewolves seem to want to fight right away. I don't know, maybe I'm bias because I love Edward. >.<
Old 01-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh, I love Edward and the whole Cullen family. The part in New Moon where Edward is telling his plan to not worry about the Volturi and everybody voices in their opinion was hilarious.

I'd pick the vampire over the werewolves anyday. I just like that Bella had someone else to turn to when Edward couldn't be there. I think the werewolves are just worried about what happened in the past and they don't want that to happen again. I'm sure the whole treaty will come into play soon or later. I don't think Stephenie would have mentioned the whole 'can't bite anyone', if something wasn't bound to happen.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Oh, I love Edward and the whole Cullen family. The part in New Moon where Edward is telling his plan to not worry about the Volturi and everybody voices in their opinion was hilarious.

I'd pick the vampire over the werewolves anyday. I just like that Bella had someone else to turn to when Edward couldn't be there. I think the werewolves are just worried about what happened in the past and they don't want that to happen again. I'm sure the whole treaty will come into play soon or later. I don't think Stephenie would have mentioned the whole 'can't bite anyone', if something wasn't bound to happen.
The "can't bite anyone" makes it difficult for Edward to change Bella, which I think is going to be happening in the next book. SM totally foreshadowed it in New Moon, at the end. But I don't get the werewolves on some level because they said not in La Push, but the Cullens don't -go- to La Push. And technically, that's where the treaty ended, I thought, anyway.

Ahh. Just finished Twilight! Soooo good. It makes me smile right to the very end.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Just finished New Moon. I am, like others in this thread, biased because I missed my Edward/Bella time. I've read Stephenie's reasoning on Jacob, needing to tell his story, and missing out if you skip over chapters about him. I like Jacob as Bella's friend, lol. And he's sweet, and his story was interesting. But during middle parts of the book my mind was screaming "CAN WE GET BACK TO EDWARD?!" Lol. Still, it was a great book, and I'm happy to see Edward and Bella together again by the end.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

I totally forgot about the treaty part of being just in La Push, but I don't know why Jacob would have said that if somehow it wasn't going to come out to play. I don't know. I just want Eclipse here and now.

cryurname, I'm glad you enjoyed New Moon. I like Jacob just as a friend as well. I was screaming "Can we get Edward back", too. I totally cheated and read the Edward parts before I should have.

Which book did you like more? Twilight or New Moon?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

I'm torn between which is my favorite. Twilight because it focuses on the Bella/Edward relationship, but I like New Moon because of the ending, but I hate that Jacob takes too much time! *L*

I also like the idea that Jacob and the werewolf story needed to be told because I think it's going to have major impact and you can't spend an entire book telling the vampire story and not giving equal time to the werewolf. I just hope Eclipse goes back to Edward!
Old 01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Twilight is my definitely my favorite out of the two. I just love everything about Edward and Bella. I do sorta hope for some angsty stuff for them. I'm all for the fluff but I like my angst as well. I don't mean like with the vampire and werewolve storyline. I just mean between them.

I love the werewolve story, too. I do love Edward dearly. However, I have a soft spot for Jacob. I'm sure Eclipse could be a mixture of Edward and Jacob, but leaning towards Edward way more.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Twilight is my favorite. While I very much enjoyed New Moon, Twilight had everything I loved. It developed the relationship between Edward and Bella, allowing them to go through many different stages like a real relationship would. I also thought the plot with James was wicked creepy and it had me on the edge of my seat.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think that Eclipse will be the mixture, maybe even more of a "fight" between the vampires and werewolves. I wouldn't be surprised if the Voltauri show up again, as well.