Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

I couldn't find a thread for this... so you know... I started one.

From amazon.com:

"Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat."

As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles. In Twilight, an exquisite fantasy by Stephenie Meyer, readers discover a pair of lovers who are supremely star-crossed. Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because--he's a vampire. At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him, and the novel burns with the erotic tension of their dangerous and necessarily chaste relationship.

Also coming soon:

From Stephenie Meyer's website:

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning...

Legions of readers entranced by the New York Times bestseller Twilight are hungry for the continuing story of star-crossed lovers, Bella and Edward. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

I read Twilight back in early March and I liked it, but I was at school (and about to go on Spring Break) so I didn't really get to enjoy it as much as I should have. So now that I'm home from school I've reread it and I've slighty become obsessed with the book. Seriously.

I can't wait for New Moon to come out in October (although I've heard it might be out sooner) and hopefully Stephenie will get to publish "Midnight Sun" (Twilight in Edward's POV).

I'm not the only one (on the verge of being creepy) obsessed with this book am I?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was (the only) book I've read about vampires and I loved it. In fact, I just put in a request for recs of more books like it. I really loved how Bella is just like any other teen who just happens to fall in love with a vampire. And I really love that the Cullens were shown as people who felt and stuff, but they were vampires. You know? Oh, I'm glad there is a sequel coming. And Twilight from Edward's POV? Interesting..
ღღღ
Old 06-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just read the book last week and I loved it. Bella and Edward were such great characters, and I alo really liked Alice in the book. I had no idea the books were supposed to be a series and I can't wait to hear more about the 2nd one.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here.
ღღღ
Old 06-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

I believe that New Moon will be coming out in late August, and actually the first chapter will be posted on Meyer's official website on July 1st. I have been checking the site the past week thinking that she will have it up early as a surprise or something. I finished reading Twlight a few weeks ago so I am lucky that I have not had to wait as long for the sequel. I love this series so far!

Update: The first chapter is now up to read on her official website!

Last edited by igloo155; 06-30-2006 at 09:00 PM
Old 07-01-2006, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I read that New Moon is going to be released during the week of August 21st. I've just read the first chapter on her site, and the book looks promising. I'm glad that I didn't have to wait too long either.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Loyal Fan

I was gonna' post this book in the "What book are you reading?" thread, but then I found this one!
Now, I'm not finished with it yet (maybe a 100 pages left, but I will be finishing it soon, and can't wait for New Moon!)

now this angry little girl is drowning in this petty world,
and I'm who you run to.

duncan & veronica {true love stories never have endings.}
Old 07-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, now I am interested in this one. I will have to add it to my list of books to get this weekend @ the library.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:54 AM
Master Fan

I just heard about this book somewhere else. Is this a YA book?
Old 07-14-2006, 05:45 AM
Master Fan

yes, it's a YA book .

I love this book as well, I'm reading it once again .
I like how Stephenie didn't just make carbon copies of common vampire myths and put them in the story, she added things of her own that I haven't read before.

I was just going through the "Questions for Stephenie" forum on myspace.com, wherein which Stephenie actually takes the time to go through people's questions and answers most, if not all, of them. I don't know how she finds the time. Some questions are ones that I wouldn't even think of and her responses are just as interesting. You can find a link to it on her website.

I can't wait for New Moon to come out, the first chapter was amazing, and, with any luck, Eclipse will be released a year after that so the wait won't be too gruesome . I for one am most interested in reading Midnight Sun, though Stephenie has said herself that it is far from being published. She does also has the rough draft of the first chapter on her website .
who you will be.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:04 AM
Passionate Fan

I just finished reading this book, and while it was a little young for me, I still really liked it and will definitely be reading the next one, although I am a little scared that the 2nd wont live up to the first.

I like Vampire novels and felt this is one of the better ones, definitely!!
Old 08-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

I cannot wait for New Moon! I think that Twilight is actually one of the best books that I have read this year. Can someone clarify the release date for the book. I know it says August on Amazon.com, but on the official web page it says it just depends on when your specific store gets the book. I have never heard of this happening for a book. It seems like there is usually one date where it comes out everywhere for one country. So yeah, if you haven't read Twilight I strongly recommend it. For me it was just one of those books that you come across maybe a few times year that remind you how much fun it is to read.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

I love this book. I read it in like one day. I just couldn't put it down. My brother thought I was totally insane.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

i love the books from her too her writing is so amazing!..

Old 12-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm so excited for Eclipse to come out. I just wish I didn't have to wait this long.