Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Searching for a Specific Book #1: Because You Can Remember Everything But the Name

Hey everyone,
I think we had a thread like this at some point but I can't find it so I have waved my moderator's wand and created a new one. This is the thread for those of us that can remember certain things about books, but can't actually remember the title of the book. So, if you can remember character names, places, plots, things like that, then post them here and hopefully someone else can help you out.

This one was brought to my attention by FlightlessBird 630
Quote:
I'm looing for a book series thats probably like 8-14 years old, Its a historical fiction series about young women in the 1800's. Its about one select family, but every novel is based on a different females perspective.
Alright, what do you think? This is tickling my reader's senses, but I can't think of it right now. Give me a little time to do some research and I'll see what I can find. If anyone else has any ideas or any questions for that matter, feel free to post them.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Any ideas about whether this was a young adult series or just regular fiction? That would help narrow down the search

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Addicted Fan

I believe it was young adults.

I read it when I was in Middle School at some point, so its been a while, and I knew the books weren't exactly new then.. but I remember like One Girl left her family to go move out into the west with her husband and it talked about how lonely life was for her at first... It's so frustrating to not remember the titles. lol

Last edited by FlightlessBird_630; 04-14-2009 at 08:31 PM
FlightlessBird_630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, this has been bugging me for a long, long time. But I've been trying to remember the name of this book (not to mention that I actually want to read it after so long).

+It's a children's book. Sorta. Guess you'd have to be the judge of that.
+It's a compilation of fairy tales
+What I remember significant of the book is one of the characters had a head of cheese.
+The artwork isn't exactly all bright and flowery like you'd expect from a regular book of that sort. Mostly dark, and twisted versions of things.
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Supreme Fan

I've been looking for the fairy tale book you're talking about, but I haven't found anything The really frustrating thing is that I know exactly what book you're talking about!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessBird_630 (View Post)
I believe it was young adults.

I read it when I was in Middle School at some point, so its been a while, and I knew the books weren't exactly new then.. but I remember like One Girl left her family to go move out into the west with her husband and it talked about how lonely life was for her at first... It's so frustrating to not remember the titles. lol
Gee, that almost sounds a lot like Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingels Wilder but I know it's not. It's bothering me because I know it sounds really familiar.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I've been looking for the fairy tale book you're talking about, but I haven't found anything The really frustrating thing is that I know exactly what book you're talking about!
Exactly!
Old 05-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko (View Post)
Okay, this has been bugging me for a long, long time. But I've been trying to remember the name of this book (not to mention that I actually want to read it after so long).

+It's a children's book. Sorta. Guess you'd have to be the judge of that.
+It's a compilation of fairy tales
+What I remember significant of the book is one of the characters had a head of cheese.
+The artwork isn't exactly all bright and flowery like you'd expect from a regular book of that sort. Mostly dark, and twisted versions of things.
Is it The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales?
Old 05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm looking for a religious mystery/adventure type book that was from this series called The Rosary Chronicles but I can't remember the actual title or the author! It had something to do with Our Lady of Fatima and that's about all I remember. Can anyone help me?
JacksG13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariadnekb (View Post)
Is it The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales?
JACKPOT! Thanks so much. I thought it was something along the lines of that.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Passionate Fan

now can u guys help me seeing as u r finished helping her?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksG13 (View Post)
now can u guys help me seeing as u r finished helping her?
Sometimes you have to be patient since people might not be familiar with what you're looking for.

I looked it up. I think it might be The Third Revelation, according to Amazon.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I just looked it up on the barnes and noble website! that's the title
Old 06-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

Stinky Cheese Man
I love that book.

I remember a book I read as a kid, I think it was the first of a series. I don't remember all the details - a girl was the main character, I'm pretty sure she had a brother too. And her parents were away on vacation or something. And she realizes her ring can transport her places, if she concentrates on the place and she knows someone there.
Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?
Old 06-03-2009, 01:02 AM
Elite Fan

Stinky Cheese Man
I love that book.

I remember a book I read as a kid, I think it was the first of a series. I don't remember all the details - a girl was the main character, I'm pretty sure she had a brother too. And her parents were away on vacation or something. And she realizes her ring can transport her places, if she concentrates on the place and she knows someone there.
Anyone have a clue what I'm talking about?