Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2016, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, that is cool.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
So, it has been super hard to keep this news quiet for months now, but remember that Chaol novella that was supposed to release this coming June? Well, when I sat down to write that novella this past November, I wound up writing a novel instead. That will now come out in September.

But I’m getting ahead of myself. See, for the years & months before this, I’ve had a pretty solid vision of what the story would be, and how it would fit into the larger TOG saga. I knew some plot points, some characters, some of the details for the southern continent, but I left a lot of it open—as I like to do before beginning a book—so that I could have fun discovering everything along the way.

I seriously had no idea that when I finally sat down one morning to begin writing, five days later, I would have a finished novel that clocked in around 105,000 words (instead of the 35-40k for a novella).

(Confession: I literally took screen shots of my daily word counts just to have some shred of proof that it actually happened. I’ve had big daily word counts before, but never so many in a row, and certainly never producing an entire book out of it.)

But this story just poured out of me. I couldn’t stop writing it. I woke up every morning, way earlier than usual, excited to write, and went to bed only when my fingers literally hurt so badly I couldn’t type anymore.

I knew this story was one I was aching to tell, but I had no idea just how much it would come to mean to me and how much of what happens within it winds up playing a big role in the TOG series. I’d even go so far as to call it the sixth book in the series (that much vital stuff happens/is discovered), which means the last book is now…Book 7?

Chaol has always been one of my favorite characters to write, and his journey in this book… Oh man, there were times when I cried so hard I could barely see the screen as I wrote. Drafting this book reminded me a great deal of what it was like to write Heir of Fire (which will always hold a special place in my heart for many reasons).

But I also fell in love with the other characters who appear, both new and old (Nesryn, of course, will be there, but if you haven’t read The Assassin’s Blade, I’d suggest doing so…soon.). And I fell in love with the world of the southern continent, with its ancient, epic history and people hailing from so many nations and backgrounds. Getting to explore this pocket of the world was one of the major highlights while writing this book, and at the risk of sounding trite, I hope you guys love it as much as I do.

When I finally turned in this book, basically surprising my editor with another full-length TOG novel, we had to make some choices. Had it been a novella, we could have definitely edited it in time for a June release, but because it’s already becoming the-novel-that-keeps-on-growing (I added 12k to the word-count just in my own quick edit before turning in the first draft to my editor, and will likely add a great deal more in this first round of edits), we realized there was no possible way to edit a book this long in time.

So, September became the new release date for Chaol’s book—with the final TOG book getting moved to May 2018, mostly because being sick these months has really taken a toll (I will admit that part of my speed while drafting Chaol’s book might have been because of a course of treatment I was on at the time, ha). Between the various doctors, tests, and just feeling unwell, it’s cut into a great deal of my writing time and productivity, which sucks more than I can say, but… It means a lot that so many of you have been so understanding about all of this. Again, I don’t want to jinx myself, but I’m hoping that everything will stay on track now.

Anyway, this is a looong way of saying that I wrote Chaol’s book in a fit of inspiration, I’m now wildly obsessed with it, and that I seriously can’t wait for you guys to read it on September 5th! (You can already pre-order it here.) I’m not sure when we’ll do the title and cover reveals, but hopefully soon! (I have a working title that I love, but we’ll see if it sticks!)
Also,

Cover

USA

UK/AUS

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that.. And love the cover..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-17-2017, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

It is great
Old 02-17-2017, 08:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

It is.. It's pretty..

is that what you want?

Old 02-18-2017, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

they're all great! There really isn't one bad cover Can't wait to see the cover for Chaol's book.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ I know right.. I was like wow, I'm glad that there aren't ugly covers from her.. they look pretty awesome so far..

is that what you want?

Old 02-19-2017, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, they are

I'm wondering what's happening with the TV series though. Its been a while since we heard about anything. Last I heard the script had been completed, but not sure if its been picked up or anything.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Oh yeah, I forget about that.. I hope that they still working on it or getting it pick up bec I would love to see it..

is that what you want?

Old 02-20-2017, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too. And because we don't have anything like that on TV.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

I rather to see it as TV series than movie..

is that what you want?

Old 02-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

It won't be a movie. It def will be a TV Series. That's what it was optioned for.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ahh, and I wonder which network that will accept it..

is that what you want?

Old 02-23-2017, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

It'll be an online platform: HuLu
Old 02-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Oh really? Awesome.. At least they can do well on that one..

is that what you want?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread