Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Romance Thread #6: Love Is All Around Us

Welcome to the thread dedicated to the lovers of romance novels!
Have you read a really good romance lately? Share it with us!

1. Serenachan
2. Shirisomi
3. DefLeppardFan
4. michelle1
5. TheLoveSong
6. Tina
7. *Scarlett*
8. evielost
9. Jedisakora
10. Thrill of Hope

"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison

Last edited by Gabriela; 09-23-2010 at 05:02 AM
Old 06-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I'm listening to The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer. It's her only book in the public domain so far and I downloaded it from Librivox. I'm enjoying parts of it and hating others (there's this one really annoying character and I hate every chapter she's in).
Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread. Please add me

I recently read 'Seduce me at sunrise' by Lis Kleypas. I love it.
Kev and Win's love was so beautiful and heartbreaking.
Win was very beautiful and sweet and lovable while on the other hand Kev was very tough and rough. The two of them were the opposite.
But deep down he had a good heart and Win knew it.
Kev had been raised a fighter and had been treated badly even more than dog. Win has been the only one that Kev has wanted and needed and desired.
Win's illness and Kev's sad childhood made the story more beautiful and desperate.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Lisa Kleypas is a hit and miss for me I really love the second wallflower book, and the last texas contemporary, but the others...
I kinda remember Seduce me at sunrise as being really angsty
BTW, I think a new LK book is coming out very soon
"Hook is the first person who hasn't let her down. He's always been good to her and shown up for her. That's been her biggest issue with how many times she's been abandoned and left behind, and Hook shows up for her." ~ Jennifer Morrison
Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 AM
Supreme Fan

I agree about Lisa Kleypas - I love Lady Sophia's Lover but I've tried a couple others of hers and just couldn't get into them...

Thanks for the new thread by the way!

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I agree about Lisa Kleypas - I love Lady Sophia's Lover but I've tried a couple others of hers and just couldn't get into them...

Thanks for the new thread by the way!
I think the worst was the one about the Russian prince, have you read that? It was totally weird because I'm like "what's this? Is he dreaming? Hallucinating? Going back in time?" and at the end I couldn't figure it out
Old 06-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Supreme Fan

I haven't read that one and I don't think I'll plan to

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela (View Post)
I haven't read that one and I don't think I'll plan to
Yeah, that's wise
I just got "Not Quite An Husband" by Sherry Thomas. Dear Author gave it an A so it should be good
Old 06-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Loyal Fan

That is personal taste.

I don't like some books of Lisa Kleypas. But she is one of my favorite writers.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh mine too Uhm, and since I can't stick to what I plan, I'm not reading Thomas' book but a LK one instead I looked at my LK collection and I saw there was one I hadn't read yet, it was the one about some girl running from home because her stepfather wanted her to marry a man she didn't like Uhm, and the hero's name is Max and he has twin children. Have you read that one?
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I read that book. It was entertaining but not great. I expected more. She could definitely write better.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Is it a series? I've read about two thirds and I can't see his brothers getting their own books, their awful, unreedemable... and I know we're talking about the woman who made an hero out of St.Vincent, but I can't see it with Max's brothers Maybe the twins?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

No brothers There is a book about the twin. But the story is mainly Justin's. That is not great either, just ok.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

Can I be added to the list. My favorite type of books are romances. I mainly like to read Historical Romances. Cowboys, pirates
Ships: Dylan/Kelly, Spike/Buffy, Angel/Buffy, Damon/Elena, Cullen/Lily, James Bond/Vesper Lynd, Captain Hook/Emma Swan, Tony Stark/Pepper Potts, Dante/Lulu, Danny/Michelle, Tony/Marah, Sonny/Claudia, Danny/Samantha, Tyler/Caroline, Tuck/Lauren, Rafe/Sami, Batman/Catwoman
Old 06-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirisomi (View Post)
No brothers There is a book about the twin. But the story is mainly Justin's. That is not great either, just ok.
Yeah, I googled it and it turns out she kills Philippe? And the story is about his widow? I am NOT looking forward to that

Have you ever read something by Elizabeth Hoyt? I think she's great! I liked all of her books. They're historical romance

I added you, DefLeppardFan!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread