Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2017, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

what are those?

im currently re-reading book 3.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When they re released the first book for the 10 year anniversary she wrote several short stories that either came before the first book, during it, or right after it.

I keep meaning to start. Just haven't gotten around to it.

April
Old 02-20-2017, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished it tonight. It was great re-reading VA, and then the short stories. I enjoyed Tasha's story; of when she was younger and when her brother and his wife willingly turned Strigoi, and what happened after that. It was a very interesting read. I now understand her a bit more, and the things she did. It makes sense why she did what she did. I don't condone it, but I understand it.

Lissa's journal while they were on the run, was a good read too. It was interesting to see her thoughts after the death of her parents, and thus then going on the run, to the point close to when they were caught.

Another one of my favs was a Rose story set after VA during a fun scavenger hunt. Some fun moments between Rose and Dimitri.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to get to it.

April
Old 02-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finished re reading the first book.

I forgot about all the foreshadowing in it.

April
Old 02-22-2017, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

What foreshadowing was that?
Old 02-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After the queen humilates Lissa Rose says that she could kill her and Lissa tells her to be quiet or she will be arrested for treason.

Also the part of after Sonya turning, her guardian lover chasing after her to kill her.

April
Old 02-24-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yes, the sonya one, def I remember thinking that too. I forgot about the Queen one though.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always forget about them until I re read the first book. Didn't Richelle say at one point that for the most parts that she has has all the big plot points for a series already planned from the beginning?

I read the first 2 short stories. Tasha's story and Lissa's diary.

Tasha's didn't do anything for me. Made me see that she always hated the queen. But I feel like there's inconsistency's in that one. In the first book Christian talked about his parents turning and made it sound like that he was actually with them during that time and that it was a few weeks until the guardians figured it out and found them.

April
Old 02-26-2017, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think she did she say that That she knew how things would end, so she planted foreshadowing throughout the books.

But maybe Christian's view could have been biast given he was quite young at that point, and his memory of that time might not have been what he thinks. Or maybe to Christian the time between when they turned and when they were caught felt longer than it was?

Yeah, she did always hate the Queen and you kinda understand why. In this, I understood her a bit more and why she did the things she did.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still don't understand why Tasha framed Rose. And I don't buy that it's because she's jealous and wanted Dimitri. Tasha showed no hard feelings towards her. Unless maybe it's just because Rose was like her and always fighting with the queen and showed she didn't liek her.

April
Old 02-28-2017, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm thinking its that, even though he didn't feel the same; in her way, she loved him and in that story she said if she ever loved anyone again she would never let them go at any cost. I thought maybe that had something to do with it?
Old 02-28-2017, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Could be. But when the guy doesn't return those feelings, that's more like crazy stalkerish.

Interesting how her first love was a guardian. And how she actually met Dimitri in this while he's still a student. Wonder how they met again.

I also felt like the ages didn't line up. Or maybe they did.

April
Old 03-01-2017, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know, but felt that after she went through, if she had the chance to love again, she would go to the ends of the earth to keep it.. even if its not shared back.

Yeah, I assumed Dimitri/Tasha were around the same age, and Dimitri seemed to have just graduated and was on his first assignment, or about to, just like she recently graduated too. So 6 years previously?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well they used the term novice for Dimitri and I think they only use that terms for student guardians. And the wording made it seem like Tasha just graduated so she's about 18.

Christian was mentioned to be 9 which would put Rose and Lissa at 9 and since Dimitri is 7 years older than Rose that would make him 16, and 2 years younger than Tasha about. Which makes the story 8ish years before VA.

I think it was mentioned that Lissa's brother was 13 in story or maybe 12. Which maybe...
I believe he's 2 years older than Lissa since she was a sophomore and he was a senior when he died which means they are 2, maybe 3 years depending on their birthdays, and if they follow the same schooling age requirements as the US. (Here in most states I believe you have to be 5 by the end of Sept to start school).

I think when I have time I'm going to go back and skim and look at what age they said Andre was.

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread