Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Richelle Mead {VA, Bloodlines, Georgina Kincaid + More}#25: Because "Soundless" is her next book release, in November.

The Vampire Academy Series, by Richelle Mead!

Book #1: Vampire Academy

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with an unbreakable bond to the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest and most dangerous vampires--the ones who never die.

The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir; she is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from the Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making her one of them.

After two years of illicit freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir's Academy, hidden in the deep forests of Montana. Rose will continue her Dhampir education. Lissa will go back to being Queen of the elite Moroi social scene. And both girls will resume breaking hearts.

Fear made Lissa and Rose run away from St. Vladimir's--but their world is fraught with danger both inside and out of the Academy's iron gates. Here, the cutthroat ranks of the Moroi perform unspeakable rituals and their secretive nature and love of the night creates an enigmatic world full of social complexities. Rose and Lissa must navigate through this dangerous world, confront the temptation of forbidden romance, and never once let their guard down, lest the Strigoi make Lissa one of them forever...

Book #2: Frostbite

Rose Hathaway's got serious guy trouble. Her gorgeous tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason has a huge crush on her, and she keeps getting stuck in her best friend Lissa's head while she's making out with her boyfriend, Christian. (So not cool).
Then a massive Strigoi attack puts St. Vladimir's on high alert, and the Academy crawls with Guardians--including the legendary Janine Hathaway...Rose's formidable, long-absent mother. The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy's not taking any risks. This year, St. Vlad's annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.
But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only provide the illusion of safety. When three students run away to strike back against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. Only this time, Rose--and her heart--are in more danger than she ever could have imagined...

Book #3: Shadow Kiss

It's springtime at St. Vladimir's Academy, and Rose Hathaway is this close to graduation. Since making her first Strigoi kills, Rose hasn't been feeling quite right. She's having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all...might be seeing ghosts. As Rose questions her sanity, new complications arise. Lissa has begun experimenting with her magic once more, their enemy Victor Dashkov might be set free, and Rose's forbidden relationship with Dimitri is starting to heat up again. But when a deadly threat no one saw coming changes their entire world, Rose must put her own life on the line--and choose between the two people she loves most.

Book #4: Blood Promise

Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same.

The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved?

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?

Book #5: Spirit Bound

Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong… After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri’s birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir’s—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can’t wait for their real lives beyond the Academy’s iron gates to begin. But Rose’s heart still aches for Dimitri, and he's out there, somewhere.
She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and she knows in her heart that he is hunting her. And if Rose won't join him, he won't rest until he's silenced her...forever.

Book #6: Last Sacrifice

It all comes down to now.
Murder. Love. Jealousy. And the ultimate sacrifice.
The Queen is dead and the Moroi world will never be the same. Now, with Rose awaiting wrongful execution and Lissa in a deadly struggle for the royal throne, the girls find themselves forced to rely upon enemies and to question those they thought they could trust...
But what if true freedom means sacrificing the most important thing of all?
Each other.

Bloodlines book 1: Bloodlines

Blood doesn't lie...
Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...

Bloodlines book 2: The Golden Lily

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets—and human lives.

Sydney would love to go to college, but instead, she’s been sent into hiding at a posh boarding school in Palm Springs, California–tasked with protecting Moroi princess Jill Dragomir from assassins who want to throw the Moroi court into civil war. Formerly in disgrace, Sydney is now praised for her loyalty and obedience, and held up as the model of an exemplary Alchemist.

But the closer she grows to Jill, Eddie, and especially Adrian, the more she finds herself questioning her age–old Alchemist beliefs, her idea of family, and the sense of what it means to truly belong. Her world becomes even more complicated when magical experiments show Sydney may hold the key to prevent becoming Strigoi—the fiercest vampires, the ones who don’t die. But it’s her fear of being just that—special, magical, powerful—that scares her more than anything. Equally daunting is her new romance with Brayden, a cute, brainy guy who seems to be her match in every way. Yet, as perfect as he seems, Sydney finds herself being drawn to someone else—someone forbidden to her.

When a shocking secret threatens to tear the vampire world apart, Sydney’s loyalties are suddenly tested more than ever before. She wonders how she's supposed to strike a balance between the principles and dogmas she's been taught, and what her instincts are now telling her.

Should she trust the Alchemists—or her heart?

Fans

Stay to the Lights
Whitney86
Colorblind
Endless Fighter
PJ_Believer
never think
Enigma
~TaintedUnicorn~
lisagslack14
sethamgal
Alessia20
Natsky
TheAngel
greeneyeswe3tie
*Scarlett*
froggiepopple
CB2008
lynaem
halo_paramore
autumn_hope
Thetisಌ
broken|smile
Talkative One
sparklingdarkness
Chipanna
delenalove
falls from the skies
ladybug70981
crazy-shipper
Creamsodaqueen
bbertocchi
KOUAT12
baelfire24
dancingphalange

Just ask to be added!

Official Sites

Richelle Mead - Urban Fantasy Author
Even Redheads Get the Blues
Official Book Website of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Appreciation Threads

Dimitri and Rose
Christian and Lissa

Fansites

dimitri_rose
Vampire Academy
Dimitri and Rose Tumblr

previous thread
01 | 02 | 03

Old 08-13-2015, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the new thread Jen
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 08-14-2015, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

No worries.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Almost bough the second Age of X book. Although it wouldn't match my first one.

April
Old 08-15-2015, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, mine doesn't match either.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess it will depend on if I can find Magic Shifts tomorrow. But I might go ahead and get it tomorrow.

April
Old 08-16-2015, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

You should. You haven't read it yet, right?

I When they changed covers, they came out with the 1st in the smaller paperback, with the 2nd larger, so I decided to stick with the two larger ones, even if the 1st is different...

Old 08-16-2015, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

cover changes are the worse i hate it lmao
~“With my sword and with my life, I vow to keep you safe, Penellaphe,” he spoke, voice deep and smooth, reminding me of rich, decadent chocolate. “From this moment until the last moment, I am yours.”~ Hawke & Poppy
icon: B ē tt ⓨ
Old 08-16-2015, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't even thinking about the cover changes. The first one I have is hardback and this one would be paperback.

April
Old 08-17-2015, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha oh right, that difference too.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Although seems like I could buy the hardback online for like $5. But there's shipping and handling. Ah I guess I could suck it up.

April
Old 08-17-2015, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, i'm sure its not the first series you would have mix and match.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It won't be.

April
Old 08-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah, so one won't be that bad. It's a great book, better than the first -- with one hell of a cliffhanger.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow. And you didn't particularity care for the first.

I'm going to look carefully in the barign section. I'm trying to remember where I brought the first from. I think it was BN. I remember they had it on clearnance and it wasn't that long after it was released.

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread