Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Revenants Trilogy by Amy Plum #1: Two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them apart.

Revenants by Amy Plum

When Kate Mercier’s parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life—and memories—behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.

Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate’s guarded heart with just his smile. As she begins to fall in love with Vincent, Kate discovers that he’s a revenant—an undead being whose fate forces him to sacrifice himself over and over again to save the lives of others. Vincent and those like him are bound in a centuries-old war against a group of evil revenants who exist only to murder and betray. Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.

May 8th, 2012

Kate has chosen to leave the comfort and safety of her human world in order to join Vincent in the dangerous supernatural universe he inhabits. For his part, he has sworn to go against his very nature and resist the repeated deaths that are his fate as a revenant—even though it will bring him immeasurable suffering.

Heady with romance and rife with danger, the second book of the DIE FOR ME trilogy follows Vincent and Kate as they search—separately—for a solution to their plight, pursuing their quest from the glamorous streets of Paris to the city’s squalid underbelly. Although the experiment that Vincent attempts is progressively destroying him, he insists on seeing it through to the end. This prompts Kate to strike out on her own into the dangerous world of the revenants to find another way. But she unwittingly puts everyone she loves at risk when she discovers a family of ancient healers who hold the key to a secret that could help the bardia—the good revenants—overthrow their murderous enemies, the numa, forever.

And while the lovers search for something they have little chance of finding, a new threat arises among the numa. Kate finds herself in the midst of an ancient and deadly war, not as a bystander…but as a target.

Book 3: If I Should Die -- May 2013

Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've read the first two books

I put off reading this series because I thought I wouldn't be able to stomach the idea of someone having to sacrifice themselves over and over for other people. But it's not as grim as I first thought
Falling.For.You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

No, it is not.

I have read the first two as well. The cover for the last just got released.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

What do you think of it? I think it's my least favourite. It's still a captivating cover but I don't like the heart around the title
Old 09-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like it, but its probably my least fav too. I don't mind the heart. The colour is a bit bright, but it could be worse
Old 09-21-2012, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think if it was orange with another colour instead of that murky brown, I wouldn't mind it being so bright.

Which cover is your favourite?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think the 2nd is my fav.
You?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Mine too

Do you have a favourite character from this series?
Old 09-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love Jules! But I also love Kate and Vincent, so those three would be my favs.

You?

Have you read this Jules POV that Amy wrote after Jules was in the Crushworthy boys Tourney
Old 09-27-2012, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have a soft spot for Jules too! And I like Kate and Vincent but there's no one that I absolutely adore in this book

I haven't read that. Do you mind linking me to it please? I didn't even know he was in it Boo me!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of course.

Jules’s POV | Amy Plum
Old 10-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Amy has been asked to do a short story or Novella set in the same world. And we get to vote for which one.

Here are the options.

1. “DIE FOR HER”
When Kate Mercier walks into the lives of Paris’s revenants, Vincent Delacroix isn’t the only one whose world turns upside down. Jules Marchenoir has spent the last century flirting his way through Paris, enjoying his life as an immortal bachelor. But when he meets Kate and realizes that he and his best friend are in love with the same girl, he is forced to choose between love and friendship.

2. “THE ART OF DYING”
Sixteen-year-old art prodigy Jules Marchenoir moves to Paris to join the biggest figures of the European art world in the wildest setting imaginable: turn-of-the-century Montmartre. But his career is cut short when he sacrifices his life to save fellow artist Fernand Leger in the first World War. After animating as a revenant he is forced to hide from the art world where his career was flourishing, avoid any love affair that threatens to expose him, and learn to fight murderous enemies out to destroy his kind.

3. “TILL DEATH US DO PART”
It is 1943, and twenty seven-year-old Geneviève Lefaucheux is killed by firing squad after she is discovered smuggling food to detainees of the Drancy concentration camp, near Paris. Philippe, her husband of three years, is devastated until a few weeks after her death, Geneviève walks in through their front door alive, uninjured...and immortal.

4. “FOREVER YOURS”
Fifteen year-old Charlotte Lorieux and her twin brother Charles are shot to death after hiding Jewish classmates during World War Two. But, for them, death is not the end. Animated as revenants, the siblings join Paris’s bardia in their war against the evil numa, and the protection of the city becomes Charlotte’s sole focus. Until the day she finds that she has fallen hopelessly in love with a fellow revenant who has already given his heart to another.

5. “A DIFFERENT KIND OF DEATH”
Charles Lorieux is fifteen when he is killed for his involvement in the Paris Resistance. Soon after animating as a revenant, Charles falls in love with a human. But seeing the impossibility of a human-revenant relationship, he breaks it off and spends the next half-century hiding his bitterness at his fate. The day that Vincent brings Kate, his human girlfriend, into the revenants’ world, Charles’s anger reaches a boiling point and he begins to search for a way to escape his destiny.

6. “EVERWAKING”
Ambrose Bates is sent from Oxford, Mississippi to France to fight in World War Two. After receiving a letter from his girlfriend that she has found someone else, he decides to sacrifice himself for the members of his battalion who still have loved ones waiting at home for them. But what he thought was the end is only the beginning, and Ambrose begins his life as an undead American in Paris.

http://www.epicreads.com/blog/which-...te-you-decide/

Vote here
http://www.epicreads.com/quizzes/poll/id/111/
Old 10-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

dp

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 10-17-2012 at 07:27 PM
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

Is this a good book series?

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's great. The final book in the trilogy just came out. I plan to buy it next week.
Reply   Post New Thread