Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2015, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
No, I meant the outline. Like A, 1 and then a. I've been having trouble with regular outlines because I made so many different versions. I need to pick between them and merge the stuff I like.
Ah right

Outlines are tough, I don't think its important to put a play by play, maybe just important stuff and just see where the story goes.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree that with outlines it's good to get your details sketched out rather than fully planned.
Also, I don't know if this is a good place for it or not but I've had my first novel published. It's currently only on amazon's kindle store but here's a link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014OOYWI8
CatFoley16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ooh thanks.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

You're very welcome. I hope people who buy it enjoy the story. The paperback is set to be out in about 3 to 5 days.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

It sounds good. I'll buy it on the weekend.

Or.. well I would if it was available on the australian site
Old 09-05-2015, 08:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I just checked only the kindle version is available on the Australian site. Thanks for the attempts at support.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

The kindle is available at the Aus site? That can work.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hope you have better luck that way.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'll check it out.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:22 PM
New Fan

Is it okay for me to bump this up? If not, ignore this
BookwormHufflepuff90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Of course
Old 02-17-2016, 11:49 PM
Master Fan

If you have Kindle Unlimited like I do,you can read it for free. I'll tell you all what I think after I do.

Question for everyone: How do you try writing a book that involves famous characters?

I'm writing a story about someone who accidentally runs into characters and winds up realizing that they're entering our world because something is horribly wrong. The 1st set of characters is the Maze Runner kids. The story isn't about the fictional characters,though. It's about this person(as well as her loved ones) attempting to figure out what's wrong and how she deals with it, as well as the journey it sets her on.A friend told me it still counts as fan fiction,but it's too heavy on OC's and their interactions to count as fanfiction. It's like a reverse version of Pleasantville. No one's crashing into their favorite tv show,their favorite tv shows,movies,books or plays are crashing into theirs. At one point,it become literal.

It's shaping up to be good and I'm worried that if I try and self-publish or send it to someone,they'll make me erase all the fictional characters ad make up fake fandoms. I don't want that and the entire point of our favorite characters becoming real gets messed up.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh wow. That is quite a very unique idea. I like the sound of it.

Yeah working with already fictional characters can be kind of tricky. I mean for that to be published, I feel some sort of permission would have to be had.

I suppose you don't have to publish it, but write it for yourself. Or maybe ask someone about how you would go about this? Like, if its against copyright laws.
Old 02-18-2016, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

Yeah,atm it's just for me,but it's gotten so good. I may ask,but I would hate for it to be a cheap, knockoff version of Maze Runner and other fandoms. My friend thinks it would be good fan fiction,but then it would be more around the fandoms. It's not about them getting home, even if that's a big part of it. It's about the humans and their struggle to accept what counts as normal and what doesn't and their fear or things they don't understand.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, it does sound cool.
Reply   Post New Thread