Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Reader's Room (OT) #14 "The Super Bowl, the Oscars, annoying hiatuses...whatever's on your mind."

Old 01-19-2015, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Old 01-19-2015, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yay for the new thread!

I've had such a lazy sunday today. I lay in bed most of the day reading. It's been nice.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.

Sounds wonderful, but mine is the exact opposite. I've been running around like crazy. I filled up the tank twice in 4 days!

Hope the book was a good one!
Old 01-19-2015, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is! It's the third in a series by Glenn Cooper. The "Library of the Dead" Series.

Plot:
Quote:
The most shocking secret in the history of mankind is about to be revealed...A murderer is on the loose on the streets of New York City: nicknamed the Doomsday Killer, he's claimed six victims in just two weeks, and the city is terrified. Even worse, the police are mystified: the victims have nothing in common, defying all profiling, and all that connects them is that each received a sick postcard in the mail before they died - a postcard that announced their date of death. In desperation, the FBI assigns the case to maverick agent Will Piper, once the most accomplished serial killing expert in the bureau's history, now on a dissolute spiral to retirement. Battling his own demons, Will is soon drawn back into a world he both loves and hates, determined to catch the killer whatever it takes. But his search takes him in a direction he could never have predicted, uncovering a shocking secret that has been closely guarded for centuries. A secret that once lay buried in an underground library beneath an 8th Century monastery, but which has now been unearthed - with deadly consequences. A select few defend the secret of the library with their lives - and as Will closes in on the truth, they are determined to stop him, at any cost...

Plot:
Quote:
The Library: Only a handful know it exists . . . It holds the world's most astonishing—and terrifying—information . . . But the one book that is the key to the greatest secret of all time . . . is missing.

Former FBI Special Agent Will Piper solved—and survived—the "Doomsday Killer" case . . . and his reward was a forced early retirement. But the shattering truths he learned about the government's most covert operations won't let him rest—and now he's on the trail of a mysterious volume that's been lost for six centuries. This is the book that inspired Shakespeare and the prophecies of Nostradamus, and once Will gets his hands on it, his life will be worth nothing—his death sentence a top priority handed down from the very highest levels of power.

Because there are some truths too dangerous for anyone to know—those that concern the future, world domination . . . and the end of everything.

Plot:
Quote:
The End of Days is near…

Isle of Wight, 1775. On a stormy January night, an American traveller makes an astonishing discovery on the site of a long-abandoned monastery. Locals believe the site is cursed, but Benjamin Franklin is too curious about the apocryphal Library of Vectis to turn away…

Florida, 2026. Will Piper, former FBI agent, is retired and living a life of leisure, his days filled with sun and fishing, his thoughts far from the notorious "Doomsday Killer" case that vaulted him into minor celebrity status fifteen years earlier. But according to what that investigation uncovered at a secret government site in Nevada, the world will change irrevocably on February 9, 2027. Is it the End of Days? No one knows what the Horizon, as it's been called, will bring, and much of the world is suspended between pre-apocalyptic hedonism and despair.

When a new Doomsday Killer emerges-inexplicably targeting only Chinese names--and Will's teenage son, Phillip, disappears after receiving a mysterious email from the other side of the world, Will is instantly drawn back into the case. The breathless, high-stakes adventure that Will is pulled into spans centuries and continents, and may at last reveal what the Library cannot about the future of humankind…if there is to be a future…
Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
You're welcome.

Sounds wonderful, but mine is the exact opposite. I've been running around like crazy. I filled up the tank twice in 4 days!

Hope the book was a good one!
Oh wow.

I had a half of a tank and then my dad called me, he got a flat tire. So from picking him taking him to see if he could fix it, then went home and let him borrow my car. Let me keep it yesterday, he took me to work last night and picked me up and went and got another tire this morning and back to his car Went through the half a tank he filled it up and it's almost to the 3/4 line.

April
Old 01-20-2015, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Hi
Old 01-20-2015, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi guys! How is everyone today?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

It's been forever since I stopped by. Between health issues, holidays, and dealing with family stuff I couldn't seem to have enough time to be online much, but all that is behind me and hope that I can stop by more often.

Hope everyone is doing well
Old 01-20-2015, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Chris!

I'm well! What are you up to today.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Hi
Old 01-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just having dinner..fresh asparagus with sautéed onions, mushrooms and some chicken...Mmmmmmmm
Old 01-21-2015, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds good.

Went to one of those all you can eat buffet. I ate so much food.

April
Old 01-21-2015, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

i love those..
Closed Thread   Post New Thread