Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2: "You must forge your own path for it to mean anything.” ― Rick Riordan, The Lost Hero

Welcome to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians thread

Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school...again. And that's the least of his troubles. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus's master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Now Percy and his friends have just ten days to find and return Zeus's stolen property and bring peace to a warring Mount Olympus. But to succeed on his quest, Percy will have to do more than catch the true thief: he must come to terms with the father who abandoned him; solve the riddle of the Oracle, which warns him of betrayal by a friend; and unravel a treachery more powerful than the gods themselves.

In this second adventure in Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, Percy is anticipating the end of seventh grade and a summer at Camp Half-Blood with kids who are the offspring of Greek gods and mortals. He dreams that his pal Grover, a satyr, is in danger. After monsters attack in his school gym class, Percy and Tyson, a homeless kid, are picked up by Annabeth, a half-blood friend, and rushed to the camp, which is under attack. The tree that guards the camp is dying, and Chiron, the activity director, has been dismissed. Another dream reveals that Grover, whose peril is increasing, is on the same island as the legendary Golden Fleece, which may be the cure for the troubled camp. With the help of Hermes, Percy and his pals set off to the Sea of Monsters, where they encounter legendary dangers.

Just after finding Bianca and Nico, two newly discovered half-bloods, Percy, Grover, Annabeth, and Thalia end up trapped between a helicopter and a manticore. Artemis and her Hunters save the day, but Annabeth disappears over a cliff; then Artemis rushes off to hunt a dangerous monster. Back at Camp Half-Blood, the Oracle foretells that Artemis must be rescued and makes a prediction that bodes ill for one of their number—but which one? Percy, who is supposed to remain behind while others pursue the quest, follows in search of the missing Annabeth. Their adventures range widely across the U.S., taking them to locales that include Washington, D.C., and the deserts of the Southwest and pitting them against the usual assortment of colorful adversaries.

Percy Jackson isn't expecting freshman orientation to be any fun. But when a mysterious mortal acquaintance appears on campus, followed by demon cheerleaders, things quickly move from bad to diabolical.

In this latest installment of the blockbuster series, time is running out as war between the Olympians and the evil Titan lord Kronos draws near. Even the safe haven of Camp Half-Blood grows more vulnerable by the minute as Kronos's army prepares to invade its once impenetrable borders. To stop them, Percy and his demigod friends must set out on a quest through the Labyrinth-a sprawling underground world with stunning surprises at every turn. Full of humor and heart-pounding action, this fourth book promises to be their most thrilling adventure yet.

All year the half-bloods have been preparing for battle against the Titans, knowing the odds of victory are grim. Kronos's army is stronger than ever, and with every god and half-blood he recruits, the evil Titan's power only grows. While the Olympians struggle to contain the rampaging monster Typhon, Kronos begins his advance on New York City, where Mount Olympus stands virtually unguarded. Now it's up to Percy Jackson and an army of young demigods to stop the Lord of Time.

In this momentous final book in the New York Times best-selling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, the long-awaited prophecy surrounding Percy's sixteenth birthday unfolds. And as the battle for Western civilization rages on the streets of Manhattan, Percy faces a terrifying suspicion that he may be fighting against his own fate.

The Heroes of Olympus

After saving Olympus from the evil Titan lord, Kronos, Percy and friends have rebuilt their beloved Camp Half-Blood, where the next generation of demigods must now prepare for a chilling prophecy of their own:

Seven half-bloods shall answer the call,
To storm or fire the world must fall.
An oath to keep with a final breath,
And foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.

Now, in a brand-new series from blockbuster best-selling author Rick Riordan, fans return to the world of Camp Half-Blood. Here, a new group of heroes will inherit a quest. But to survive the journey, they’ll need the help of some familiar demigods.

The next book in the series, The Son of Neptune comes out on fall of 2011.

Fans
01. Shadowhunter
02. kate204
03. Stay to the Lights
04. beatlette
05. lipsticklullabies
06. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
07. Serenachan
08. .oDs:.
09. ♥Araminta♥
10. hlgreenie
11. Pickle-weasel!
12. i feel infinite
13. KOUAT12
14. baelfire24
15. lisagslack14
16. CityGal
Old 07-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

tftnt

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the new thread!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting, Christine.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just started this last night.

I've been wanting to read these for the last few years.

April
Old 10-21-2019, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh man they’re great

I read them all the way through for the first time 3 summers ago

have you seen the movie?

add me to the fan list please!
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's great. Least you finally started it.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

I need to read it since I can't even remember how it went..

is that what you want?

Old 10-22-2019, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen the movie. I remember wanting to but don't remember why I never watched it.

Although I've heard the movies stray a lot from the books.

April
Old 10-22-2019, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, a bit. More the 2nd movie I think. I don't really remember
Old 10-23-2019, 04:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah, the movie was much different than the first two books.. I wish that they can do TV series!

is that what you want?

Old 10-24-2019, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember a lot of people being really pissed about both movies.

I finished the 5 Percy books already.

April
Old 10-24-2019, 11:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

wow that was fast

thoughts on each book? the characters? etc.?

I would still give at least the first one a chance

the first movie is pretty good

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-25-2019 at 12:34 AM
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

That was fast, but I'm sure that the books are easy to read to finish it..

is that what you want?

Old 10-25-2019, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I pretty much read one a day. Only took me a few hours to read each one.

I really enjoyed them, but didn't love them. I probably would of loved them more if I read them when I was younger.

I know the series The Heros of Olympus continues with the same characters, but are his other series connected?

April
Reply   Post New Thread