Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2021, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe it's like the time travel in LOST instead of in BTTF? Where they were always part of the timeline/events and even if they wanted to change things, they can't because their actions/decisions were always part of the narrative. Or like Oedipus....where he tried so hard to change the prophecy but he was really just playing into it?
Old 05-08-2021, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Maybe it's like the time travel in LOST instead of in BTTF? Where they were always part of the timeline/events and even if they wanted to change things, they can't because their actions/decisions were always part of the narrative. Or like Oedipus....where he tried so hard to change the prophecy but he was really just playing into it?
Oh, that makes sense.

That's like Shadow of Night too.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love how Shadow of Night put those past items showing up in future scenes.

Does Outlander do that?
Old 05-10-2021, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

They have tried to change the future on few occasions, most notably the Jacobite rising that wiped out the Highlander culture, but were unable to change anything major. At this point I think it is more like that they have always been part of the timeline and that whatever they do, don't change anything.

Claire would be changing the future all the time though, since she is a doctor and keep saving people in the past that would have otherwise absolutely died.
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 05-10-2021, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Claire would be changing the future all the time though, since she is a doctor and keep saving people in the past that would have otherwise absolutely died.
ahhh, I wonder if it's ever going to be found out that someone she saved spawned people who weren't supposed to be around.

With these time travel things, it makes you think everything you want to do, do the opposite so the past gets changed.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
With these time travel things, it makes you think everything you want to do, do the opposite so the past gets changed.
There's a new story.

Quote:
I wonder if it's ever going to be found out that someone she saved spawned people who weren't supposed to be around.
Unless they were supposed to be saved all along. And the dependents were supposed to be born.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
There's a new story.

Quote:
Unless they were supposed to be saved all along. And the dependents were supposed to be born.
oooh good point. The people always survived their wounds thanks to Claire because she was always there.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly! It's a time loop.
Old 05-12-2021, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How would you feel about meeting an ancestor two hundred years before you were born? And what if you didn't like the ancestor because the person was mean?

Old 05-12-2021, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oooh good point. The people always survived their wounds thanks to Claire because she was always there.
Yeah, I think that is the way it works in Outlander. It boggles my mind to think about these things

Quote:
How would you feel about meeting an ancestor two hundred years before you were born? And what if you didn't like the ancestor because the person was mean?
There is actually a character who shares Claire's maiden name, but at this point it is still unclear are they related or not. I think we will find more about that later. And he is not a very nice man
Old 05-12-2021, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It boggles my mind to think about these things
Time travel can be so complicated but it's prob why I love it so much.
And now I just thought, imagine if you're really into history and you're looking around at some kind of document and see your name on it. AND THEN you travel back in time and events lead you to sign that document.

Quote:
There is actually a character who shares Claire's maiden name, but at this point it is still unclear are they related or not. I think we will find more about that later. And he is not a very nice man
oohhhh interesting. Do you want it to be revealed that they are related?
Old 05-12-2021, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And now I just thought, imagine if you're really into history and you're looking around at some kind of document and see your name on it. AND THEN you travel back in time and events lead you to sign that document.
That's like Timeless with the diary.

Quote:
I would have a hard time understanding them because of language barriers.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's like Timeless with the diary.
Yes! I am glad that show got a tidied up ending.

Quote:
I would have a hard time understanding them because of language barriers.
True. And hopefully they don't think you're a witch speaking with some kind of weird accent.
Old 05-13-2021, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yea, that was good. Not many shows get that.
Old 05-15-2021, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That would be so freaky. Or then you would just be thinking that it is a funny coincidence and then when you hit that moment: mind blown

Claire's first husband Frank finds proof that Claire goes back, before she goes back, but I don't think she knew about it.

Quote:
oohhhh interesting. Do you want it to be revealed that they are related?
It would be interesting, since I don't think he could be a direct descendant, since he doesn't yet at least have children, but it his family has interesting ties to the Frasers current situation
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top