Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Off Topic #1

Hi all

I know most other boards have an Off-Topic thread, a place to chat about things off topic, a place to get to know one another.

So I thought I'd start one.

I'm Carol

Well, I've had a pretty crappy day :argh: I applied for promotion last year and have worked all year on my promotion portfolio, etc. I turned it in to my dean last month and she recommended me for promotion. However, the committe of faculty who make a further recommendation to the Provost and Chancellor DECLINED ME! I received the letter today. What makes me so mad is that I don't think they even read the portfolio. The dean was as shocked as I was; she is going to find out if she can step in and find out why I was not promoted or when I can appeal.

Carol
Old 04-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Carol, that really stinks.

I've been having a few problems lately too. My insurance company is jerking me around about a doctor's appointment I had last year. Supposedly, I didn't have a primary care physician at the time. My doctor was leaving the area at the time, but I know I got a letter saying I'd be covered for several months, but I can't find the letter now. I know it's somewhere in my house (and yes, I am working on the total disarray here because I can't deal with being so disorganized that I lose important papers). I'm not going to be on this insurance much longer, so I wanted to get this taken care of right away. At worst, I'll have to pay about $200 out of my own pocket.

I also called in a prescription last week and it is backordered, so I can't get it refilled. The pharmacy has no idea when their shipment will come in, so who knows when I will get it. At least it's not an absolute necessity that I take it, but it still worries me.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Ahhh....nice and comfy here.

Hello. I'm Cin. I'm an OT postie whore. I'm on many OT threads.

Sorry for everyone's problems.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Hope you guys get your problems sorted out soon.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 04-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

I PMed Soz to see if we can start an OT thread too Carol.. hee I guess great minds think alike

Carol I'm sorry about your promotion I hope you can appeal the decision.

Soz insurance companies are evil... I have spent more hours on the phone with them about bills then I care to remember. Good luck with that.

ooh Cin the OT Posting Queen Hey sweetie!! I knew the best way to get you to the book board was to start an OT thread

Man.. work has been sooo freaking crazy lately since I'm covering for someone on vacation. *pulls hair out* I was here until almost 8pm last night

I hope you guys all had a good weekend..

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Thanks Kim, Cin, and soulstarshine. I'm still looking for the letter. But there's good insurance news too. My SO just needs to take one more thing to work in order to get the domestic partner insurance, so no more Medicaid managed care for me soon!

I've been trying to teach myself crochet, but I couldn't find my yarn last night. I don't know how I missed it but it was right behind me. So I tried crochet with this stretchy cord my aunt made crocheted rings out of and it was a nightmare. The stuff kept slipping off the hook and then all of my stitches somehow fell out of the cord. So I'll try again tonight with the yarn. All of this is further complicated by the fact that I'm left-handed and every single person I know who knows how to crochet is right-handed, so they were always afraid to teach me.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Soz I hope you get all that insurance crap straightened out. Your disarray sounds like my office I have a hard time finding some things. I keep telling myself I need reorganize my file cabinet, etc, but I haven't yet

You're learning to crochet? Cool!

And thanks for the hug

Cin Welcome, welcome! and thanks for the hug

soulstarshine Thanks for the well-wishes

Kim Yeah, great minds think alike Thanks for the hug, too. I am appealing I deserve the promotion.

So.... to lighten the mood a bit.....

These are about a week late, but here are some pics of Easter

Sis and I dyed Easter eggs that afternoom.

This is Sis and I with our eggs Aren’t we just a couple of little kids

The eggs we dyed

Me dying some eggs
Old 04-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Yellow Mustang Girl, those eggs are pretty. My mom, my SO, and I colored eggs too but we didn't take pictures.

Are you and your sister twins? You look so much alike.

I've been slowly organizing the whole apartment. It got to be too much of a mess when my Crohn's disease got active again two years ago (I had a four year remission before that). I'm feeling better now because of new medication, so I've been cleaning and doing various craft projects again. The crochet is just one of many projects I have going. I'm also making marble magnets, a braided rag rug, and a latch hook rug.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

aww Soz my friend has Crohn's disease too Right now it is really scary because she is having heart trouble. She was having heart failure. They think her heart will heal but she has been so tired and off work for months now. I worry about her all the time I hope everything works out for you. PM me if you need to chat and I will send you my AIM name.

Carol those are so cool! My sisters are twins too. Actually today is their birthday Which one are you? The one with the hair up or down?

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 04-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Happy Birthday, Carol!

I like the turquoise egg.

Soz, crochet sounds so.....difficult for me. I've done latch hooking before. It was the face of Eeyore. Took me forever though.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Kim, wow, that's really awful. to your friend. I had a bit of a heart problem when I had surgery several years ago. I got a really high fever (which is actually normal for me when I'm sick or have an infection) and it made my heartrate go up. Thankfully, the antibiotics worked and I was able to go home a few days later.

quarterly, yeah it was pretty difficult, actually. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually though. Oh weird! The latch hook I'm working on is probably the same one you did because it's also Eeyore's face.
Old 04-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yay! You like cats and Eeyore!
Old 04-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Hi all

Soz Yep Sis and I are twins She's actually a poster here, too ~ Wildfire Girl

Kim Your sisters are twins? And their b-days were the 6th! Mine and Sis's was the 7th

Cin Thanks for the b-day wishes

In fact, I had an awesome 30th b-day!

Last weekend I went to Tulsa and celebrated with my college friends. Another friend of mine was turning 30 this week, too.

This is a pic of me and my two roommates from college. We were attempting to play pool. I’m the blonde

My co-workers also surprised me at work on the actual day of my birthday by decorating up my office --

And then that night, I had a wonderful celebration with my family, as it’s my twin sis Wildfire Girl’s birthday too. This is a pic of Sis and Mom

This weekend my friends from work are having a party for me
Old 04-09-2005, 04:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Looks like a fun B-day! Happy b-day by the way!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Love the pics! Your office looks cool, hehe.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Closed Thread   Post New Thread