Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 10:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

The Nora Roberts/JD Robb Appreciation Thread

For all the people that praise her as Nora Roberts and JD Robb... this is the place for you. I open the thread by saying that I have mostly ever book by Nora, just getting into JD's. I have never read any of the "in Death" series, but will soon after I finish all of Nora's books.

My favorite [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] book triliogy by Nora is the series pf 'Jewels of the Sun', 'Tears of the Moon' and 'Heart of the Sea' ... plus she wrote a little sequel to this series on her website the link is ... http://www.noraroberts.com/ardmorech.htm

so enjoy and keep posting!
[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rose.gif[/img] [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tabasco.gif[/img]

[ 12-05-2003: Message edited WaveBehr ]

[ 12-07-2003: Message edited WaveBehr ]
WaveBehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:55 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I've only read Naked in Death, so far. I have 14 other Roberts/ Robb books though, so it's just a matter of time before I read them.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:40 AM
Passionate Fan

I have all of her J.D Robb books including the anthologies. I was thrilled that she came out with Remember When...cool to see her combine the two different writing styles under one title.

My favourite NR trilogy is Three Sister Island. I just love paranormal romance and this one had a good balance of magic, humour and drama in a cozy romantic setting. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I still haven't started her Key Trilogy yet but it's next on my list. I'm also planning on pre-ordering a copy of Divided in Death.

~tSG
Old 12-06-2003, 10:48 AM
jjt
Master Fan

I most assuredly appreciate the In Death series .. It's so nice to see one relationship explored over a whole series of books instead of just getting folks to fall in love then being done with the story .. cause really it's just the begining but the staying in love bit is harder to write I guess.
jjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 07:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah ... I have been intrigued by the In Death series (cause I'm a total romantic), I just love that it is one character of the whole series that you follow and that she falls in love. awesome concept.

TheScoobygang ... is the "Remember When" worth reading if I have never read any JD Robb?
Old 12-07-2003, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

I haven't read Remember When but I think you should read the In Death books in order and RW just came out so it should probably be saved. But since I haven't read it, I don't know, maybe it's a stand-alone. The main reason to read the books in order is to watch the progression of Eve and Roarke's relationship and Eve's relationship with the other characters. There's also bits about her past that come out as the series moves forward.

Thanks for the link to the sequel to the Sun/Moon/Sea trilogy. I don't think I've read it yet. My favorite trilogy was the Chesapeake Bay trilogy. A lot of people didn't like the fourth book (which, I guess, breaks it out of trilogy and into series) about Seth but I did.

Edit: The link WaveBehr posted above has an l at the end and didn't work for me. It should be http://www.noraroberts.com/ardmorech.htm

[ 12-07-2003: Message edited jennarose ]

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

jennarose ... thanks for the correction ... i will fix it asap [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2003, 10:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jennarose:
<STRONG>I haven't read Remember When but I think you should read the In Death books in order and RW just came out so it should probably be saved. But since I haven't read it, I don't know, maybe it's a stand-alone. The main reason to read the books in order is to watch the progression of Eve and Roarke's relationship and Eve's relationship with the other characters. There's also bits about her past that come out as the series moves forward.

</STRONG>
Totally agree. Read the books in order, it's soooo much better that way. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I beleive RW can be read as a stand-alone...but I'd advise to read it after In Death and to pick up RW when it is published in paperback next year.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Finished reading the Three Fates and I liked it. Normally she likes to separate her book into three parts, each about a character, but she mixed them all together. I liked that.
Old 12-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've read most of the "In Depth" series. The characters get on my nerve sometimes, but I enjoy them for the most part. My one complaint is that the local bookstore shelves them alphabetically by title rather than in series order, so it's sometimes a struggle to remember which books I still need!
Old 12-09-2003, 11:23 PM
Extreme Fan

I've only read the JD Robb ones. the "in death" series are the ones i've read. the first book of hers that i got was in an airport to pass the time while on a plane. i didn't really expect it to be good, but when i started to read it i couldn't put it down. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

I don't think I've read Three Fates yet. I've fallen behind with Nora's books. There are always so many new ones or reissues that it's hard to keep up.

jennarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 02:28 AM
Master Fan

Somehow I prefer the In Death series to her other books...the In Death series have got to be one of my favourite books. I just love the whole Eve/Roarke relationship, and the Eve/Peabody relationship is quite cool too. Plus, she's a kick-ass character, which I can appreciate. I didn't really like Remember When though, it seemed a little far-fetched to me. Plus her description of Baxter and McNab seemed a little out of character, the way that everyone seemed to be good-looking in RW.

My favourite NR book is probably Three Fates and Jewels of the Sun, that was my favourite book among the Sun/Moon/Sea trilogy. Haven't read the Key or the Three Sister Island or the Dream trilogies...I found the Chesapeake Bay trilogy not bad too. Overall, she's a very good writer and this is strictly IMO but I think she's better than her contemporaries like Elizabeth Lowell or Jayne Ann Krentz. Has anyone realised how much she loves Ireland? So many of her characters are Irish.
Old 12-13-2003, 04:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by thescoobygang:
<STRONG>My favourite NR trilogy is Three Sister Island. I just love paranormal romance and this one had a good balance of magic, humour and drama in a cozy romantic setting. </STRONG>
This is my favourite trilogy too and the one that first got me interested in Nora Roberts books. I picked one up cheap in a secondhand bokshop and loved it so much that I went right out and bought the other two. I enjoy reading her trilogies the most, although I have enjoyed a lot of her standalone books too. I'll need to clear some more room on my bookshelves for her soon! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I can't wait to read the new Key trilogy either - it sounds fantastic, but I don't think they've been released over here yet.

I've never read any of her JD Robb books, but so many people have recomended them to me, I think I should give them a try.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Star5:
<STRONG>

I've never read any of her JD Robb books, but so many people have recomended them to me, I think I should give them a try.</STRONG>
Definitely give them a go [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], but try to start at the beginning if you can. The main character Eve, is a lot like Ripley from the Three Sister Island trilogy.