Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Nicholas Sparks book appreciation

i thought there was a thread but i cant find it, so i am just going to start a new one. If there already is one, feel free to close this thread.

I just finished reading "the guardian" today. I have to admit i liked the books, though sometimes it was a little boring. It is not like his other books, and i think that made it so different. It was a sad book, and i would recommend it to anyone that likes Nicholas Sparks

My favorite book of his has to be "A walk to remember" i read it before the movie came out, and that made the difference, i also liked the book "The rescue" and "Message in a bottle" i didnt really like the book "Nights of Rodhine (spelling)".
Old 07-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

We used to have a thread on Nicholas Sparks but I think that was a while ago.

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] his books and they are the sort of stories that I like to read over and over. I don't know if I can pick a favourite. Possibly A Walk to Remember or The Notebook.

I haven't read his new one yet but I want to get it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I absolutely love the books by Nicholas Sparks! And I really want to read his new one, but it won't be released here until August, so I have to wait. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It was much better when "Nights in Rodanthe" was released, 'cause we got it two weeks earlier than the rest of the world. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The first book I've read, was "The Rescue" and I loved it! It was such a great book that I went shopping the next day, just to buy all his other books! Then I've read "A Walk To Remember" in only one night. Uhm, yes, "night", 'cause I finished it at 5 a.m. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] But it was wonderful! I was crying the whole time, but I loved the book! I guess I don't have to say that I wasn't too much impressed by the film, do I?! [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

About "Nights in Rodanthe": It wasn't one of his best works, but it was very good and it took me only two days to read it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I've only read two, and I read A Walk To Remember after I watched the movie, so it wasn't all that great to me, I preferred the movie. Then again, all the people who read the book first preferred the book.

Anywayz, I just got done reading Message in a Bottle like half an hour ago and I just need to say that I LOVED it. It had me in tears so bad. It had me crying so bad I don't think I could bear to read it again. I'm going to start on The Notebook tonight, I heard it was really good as well.

Anywayz, I was just wondering if someone could put up a list of his books, you know for the next time I'm in the bookstore?
Old 07-17-2003, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, everybody keeps telling me that they had to cry while reading "Message in a Bottle", but I didn't. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I mean, it was sad, yes, but not that sad. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I read "The Notebook" too, but somehow it wasn't really that good as everybody keeps on saying, in my opinion. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] I would say that it was even a bit boring, but that's just me. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

A list of his books? Okay, here you go... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The Notebook (October 1996)
Message in a Bottle (April 1998)
A Walk to Remember (October 1999)
The Rescue (September 2000)
A Bend in the Road (September 2001)
Nights in Rodanthe (September 2002)
The Guardian (April 8, 2003)
Old 07-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Nicholas Sparks even if I only read A Walk to Remember. I would love reading more, but I wondered what book I should read. I'd like one similar to A Walk to Remember, I mean with a love story [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] Awww I love love stories lol.
I hope you will can help me out [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, all of Sparks' books are lovestories, but I would say that "Message in a Bottle" and "The Rescue" are the best, and they are in some ways similar to AWTR. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I would recommend "the guardian" if you like love stories but want something more than just a love story, if you want mystery and adventure "the guardian" is great.

The ranking of all the books i have read that i have liked from him are...
1.A Walk to Remember
2.Message in a Bottle
3.The Guardian
4.The Rescue
5.The Notebook
6.Nights of Rodine
Old 10-17-2003, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

I just saw Sparks' newest book at Publix and it looked pretty good. Anyone read it?

Come visit the WWE/Wrestling Board

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
Old 10-29-2003, 10:28 PM
Supreme Fan

Yay, A Nicholas Sparks thread. I just finished reading The wedding! I loved it. If you haven't read it... you should. Ranking the books i've read by him...

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]The Notebook
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]The Wedding
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]A Bend In The Road
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]A Walk To Remember
[img]smilies/star.gif[/img]Nights in Rodanthe

I'm about to read The Rescue. I love all his books, and i'm not usually into romantic ones.

My Thoughts
Old 11-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Passionate Fan

A Walk To Remember and The Notebook will always be my two favorites...I think they are filming a movie version of The Notebook with Ryan Gosling as Noah and the girl from The Hot Chick as Allie. I can't wait to see it!
Old 12-25-2003, 05:14 PM
Addicted Fan

I've recently purchased A Bend In the Road, but haven't really started (on chapter 2 right now). So far, so good. The only other Sparks book I've read was A Walk To Remember, which, I must say, was a lot better than the film version. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Loyal Fan

I read A Walk To Remember during the summer & loved it (I loved the movie too). I finally got around to picking up another of his books today, which is The Rescue; I'm going to start reading that one tonight. I really wanted to get The Notebook, but the stupid bookstore didn't have it. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] But The Rescue looks good all the same.
Old 12-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

i'm so glad that someone finally did the thread that nicolas sparks deserves. i saw him speak at the festival of books at ucla a couple of years ago and i have to say that he is very well spoken abd very sweet.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:39 PM
New Fan

I'm reading The Guardian at the moment and am thinking of purchasing A Walk to Remember (only the sleave is pink of all covers).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread