Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

The Mortal Instruments series #8 - Because we are so looking forward to when City of Fallen Angels comes out

TMI campaign

The Mortal Instruments is a book series by Cassandra Clare. The three books in the series are:

City Of Bones

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Clary knows she should call the police, but it's hard to explain a murder when the body disappears into thin air and the murderers are invisible to everyone but Clary.

Equally startled by her ability to see them, the murderers explain themselves as Shadowhunters: a secret tribe of warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. Within twenty-four hours, Clary's mother disappears and Clary herself is almost killed by a grotesque demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

City of Ashes

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father.

To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?

In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

City Of Glass

To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that enter-ing the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.

Coming Soon on March 2011 is City of Fallen Angels

Love, blood, betrayal and revenge — the stakes are higher than ever in City of Fallen Angels. Simon Lewis is having some trouble adjusting to his new life as a vampire, especially now that he hardly sees his best friend Clary, who is caught up in training to be a Shadowhunter—and spending time with her new boyfriend Jace. Not to mention that Simon doesn't quite know how to handle the pressure of not-quite-dating two girls at once. What's a daylight-loving vampire to do? Simon decides he needs a break and heads out of the city—only to discover that sinister events are following him. Realizing that the war they thought they'd won might not yet be over, Simon has to call on his Shadowhunter friends to save the day — if they can put their own splintering relationships on hold long enough to rise to the challenge.

Also the Mortal Instruments movie has been optioned

From Cassie's LJ:

Quote:
The film rights to The Mortal Instruments have been optioned by Unique Features. This is a film production company set up by former founders and co-presidents of New Line Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne, who oversaw the production of the Lord of the Rings movies — probably my favorite fantasy movies of all time. They're very dedicated to fantasy and they understand it, and I definitely trust them with the story of the Mortal Instruments.

Fans
01. PJ_Believer
02. ~TaintedUnicorn~
03. SergeantPepper
04. Guinevere
05. Jemi♥Disney
06. jules!
07. dark_red
08. Alessia20
09. sweet_zelda
10.sethamgal
11.halo_paramore
12.Christian'sKimberDoll
13.DiagonalZipper
14.froggiepopple
15. Periwinkles
16. InTheClouds

Official Sites
The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare
Cassandra Clare
Cassandra Clare's Blog

Fansites
Pandemonium Club | Mortal Instruments Series
if only my love could be with you
Just a mundane
[Simon Lewis and Isabelle Lightwood community]
The Mortal Instruments
TMI movie

Appreciation Threads
Jace and Clary
Alec and Magnus
Isabelle and Simon

Music Videos
YouTube - everything; JACE/CLARY
YouTube - Jace&Clary - disturbia

Future Thread Titles
Because we are looking forward to more TMI books and the movie!
Because we demand more quotes from City of Fallen Angels as one isn't enough

Previous Threads
http://www.fanforum.com/f28/mortal-i...-now-62887288/
http://www.fanforum.com/f28/mortal-i...orld-62891105/
http://www.fanforum.com/f28/mortal-i...ming-62894051/
http://www.fanforum.com/f28/mortal-i...ters-62904464/
http://www.fanforum.com/f28/mortal-i...ovie-62909055/
http://www.fanforum.com/f28/mortal-i...-hoo-62911976/
http://www.fanforum.com/f28/mortal-i...-way-62916055/

Last edited by dive into you; 11-15-2009 at 11:49 PM
Old 10-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

You're welcome
Old 10-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

NEw thread whoo-hoo
Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

already a nwe thread yikes i betetr get craking only a few more weeks till il ble able to read again

{}
Old 10-24-2009, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I know

I want to get some discussion happening on this thread, so I want to ask, what was your favourite moments in the series?

I made some art

Last edited by dive into you; 10-24-2009 at 11:29 PM
Old 10-25-2009, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

tftnt

anbd WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ogm so pretty ann ;thud: wow i loev clarys hair ther elike its perfect

they look so good

fav moments were all the jace and clary moments haha when simon got turned into that rat haha that whoel thing was funny and awesome omg theres so many let me think haha
Old 10-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

You're welcome, Lauren

Aww. Thanks I tried to make her red and I thought it turned out good.

I agree with all the Jace and Clary moments and Simon getting turned into a rat. I did love when Alec was going to spill out his relationship to his family via the fearless ruin.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

all i can say is epic epic epic over and over again ;thud:

its perfect dude its like thats hwo clary is meant to be :thud

omgg yes i loved that moment too so close

i loved simons whole vampire transformation also and that whole ship scene in the end book was epiccccc
Old 10-25-2009, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Aww

And I saw that pic and thought Alexz looks so Clary.

Yes, his transformation was so good except that he was scary and craving for blood. The whole ship scene was good was well when Clary used that ruin and the whole ship fell apart.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ yer they was so kool love those icons PJ_Believer

man Alex is really hot
Old 10-26-2009, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i totlaly need that [ic haha

i love hwo she saved the day liek for once she didnt need jace to take charge haha

he is
Old 10-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Could I be added? I'm almost finished with City of Glass.

WAIT. What is City of Fallen Angels?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

welcome to the thread and its gonan be the 4th book in simons pov haha
Old 10-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ welcome its a new book she writing based on the other charaters