Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2018, 03:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

I had no idea Meg also did graphic novels.. buuuut she's going to write one about the young Black Canary

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

That would be pretty cool if she did.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
the princess diaries was my fave book series growing up because mia was awkward/anxious/unsure about herself, a lot like me. and im kinda glad that even when i re-read it now, a lot of it still holds up. the books were also my (very thorough) introduction to American pop culture, be it Star Wars, Britney, or Buffy The Vampire Slayer. they’re pretty diverse - mias best friend lily and boyfriend michael were jewish, her other bestfriend tina was half-middle eastern, while characters such as ling su, shameeka, and perin formed their remaining friend group; ling su and perin also get together in the latest addition.

cabot obviously didn’t pioneer representation (there is a very weird bit in the first book about the asian owners of a deli over-charging, and tina was the daughter of an oil sheikh so) but it’s nice to look back at the book series and see the different characters - also as a middle-schooler i didnt immediately realise that cabot’s more ‘liberal’ political leanings were evident through environmentalist Mia and lily’s rants against america and the ‘man’- the deli owners and oil sheikh bit was probably a shortcoming of the same leanings lol.

but i do think that cabot builds upon these characters and engages with the current political climate in the sequel series, which follows mia biracial half-sister through middle school. the refugee crisis is addressed in a great way through genovia and all the characters are really nicely developed, in a way that doesn’t betray who they were as teenagers but also allows them to be fully formed. perin and ling su get together, tine is studying to be a doctor, and lily mellows down and actually takes steps to bring forth change.
so this is a little appreciation (and mildly critism-al?) post for a very fun and formative series.

also chris pine from the second movie wishes he was robotic-arm-inventing-songwriting-dorky-reallyhot-luke-to-mias-leia michael moscovitz - the best love interest ever.
https://whatdoesthefuturebehold.tumb...ve-book-series
Old 08-21-2020, 12:51 AM
Elite Fan

Meg did a Q&A session on reddit a week ago for anyone who didn’t know

https://www.reddit.com/r/books/comme...over_80_books/

good princess diaries content
Old 11-15-2020, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Did y'all hear the news? Netflix is turning The Mediator series into movies! Meg confirmed it on her Twitter!
icon: jessica
Rebel Hearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 09:56 PM
Moderator Manager

That's fantastic. Cannot wait for more information with casting. I love this series!

lois lane ♥ clark kent
partners in life

ღ jackie | icon My Kind Of Crazy
We're Sunset Curve. Tell your friends!
Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top