Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Supreme Fan

March Book Club Nominations

Alright everyone,
It's that time of the month again so lets nominate books for the book club. I'll take the first four nominations and then we'll vote for what we want to read. Nominate away!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Nightfall

Quote:
Elena Gilbert is alive—again.

When Elena sacrificed herself to save the two vampire brothers who love her—the handsome, brooding Stefan and the sleek and dangerous Damon—she was consigned to a fate beyond death. Until a powerful supernatural force pulled her back.

Now Elena is not just human. She has powers and gifts that were bestowed on her in the afterlife. What's more, her blood pulses with an overwhelming and unique force that makes her irresistible to any vampire.

Stefan wants to find a way to keep Elena safe so that they can make a life together. Damon, however, is driven by an insatiable desire for power, and wants Elena to rule as his princess. When Stefan is lured away from Fell's Church, Damon seizes his chance to convince her that he is the brother she is meant to be with. . . .

But a darkness is infiltrating the town, and Damon, always the hunter, is now the hunted; he becomes the prey of a malevolent creature that can possess him at will, and who desires not just Elena's blood but her death.
Nominating this cause of how 2nd one is out on the 16th of the month
Old 02-21-2010, 10:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for getting this started Angel

I know it's been nominated before, but I'm going to go ahead and nominate Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - it's on my to-read list and I want to read it before seeing the movie

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I know this one is a long shot in winning for the book club, but I just want to put it out there anyway. I read it earlier this month and found it really good. Disturbing, but good.

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

Quote:
Synopsis: Edgar-finalist Flynn's second crime thriller tops her impressive debut, Sharp Objects. When Libby Day's mother and two older sisters were slaughtered in the family's Kansas farmhouse, it was seven-year-old Libby's testimony that sent her 15-year-old brother, Ben, to prison for life. Desperate for cash 24 years later, Libby reluctantly agrees to meet members of the Kill Club, true crime enthusiasts who bicker over famous cases. She's shocked to learn most of them believe Ben is innocent and the real killer is still on the loose. Though initially interested only in making a quick buck hocking family memorabilia, Libby is soon drawn into the club's pseudo-investigation, and begins to question what exactly she saw—or didn't see—the night of the tragedy. Flynn fluidly moves between cynical present-day Libby and the hours leading up to the murders through the eyes of her family members. When the truth emerges, it's so twisted that even the most astute readers won't have predicted it.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Alright, we have three nominations for this month. We only need one more and then we can start voting.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I bought this book not too long ago because ive heard it was good, and i thought it would be a good chance to read it.

Jessica's Guide to dating on the dark Side. by Beth Fantaskey

The undead can really screw up your senior year . . .

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn't fit into Jessica Packwood's senior year "get-a-life" plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth - and he's her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire's Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess.
But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war - and save Lucius's soul from eternal destruction
All of which leaves her to wonder : Wouldn't life be easier if she could just fall for a nice mortal boy?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Elite Fan

Oooo interesting nominations this month.

Abigail ~ Icon
Old 02-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Alright, these are some excellent nominations, so it's time to vote. The choices are:
The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Nightfall by L.J. Smith
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
Jessica's Guide to dating on the dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Old 02-22-2010, 04:03 AM
Supreme Fan

Alright, these are some excellent nominations, so it's time to vote. The choices are:
The Vampire Diaries: The Return: Nightfall by L.J. Smith
Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
Jessica's Guide to dating on the dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Old 02-22-2010, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Cant wait to vote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side
Old 02-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero