Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Supreme Fan

Library Picture Thread #1: Because we want to show off our books!

Hey,
So people were talking in the off topic thread about how they wanted to take pictures of their books so I thought it would be a cool idea to make a picture thread for book collections.
This is a thread specifically for pictures of books. Take pictures of your library, bookshelves, boxes, or other crazy ways you keep your books. Also great for collectors items, autographed books, and neat cover art you might have, so feel free to post those.
I'll try to get some pictures of mine up this weekend, but about 3/4 of my books are in a box
Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Love this idea.

I'll post a pic of my books later on.

( I can't actually take the pic now cause I'm on holiday!)
Old 07-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I'll see if I can manage to post some older pictures
Some of my hardcovers:

Clive Barker hardcovers:

more hardcovers & manga:

mostly trade paperbacks:

and the next three are my mass market SF and fantasy paperbacks (they are double stacked so there's even more hiding behind these):

I'll have to take a picture of my romance bookshelf, which I made out of old encyclopedias.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Soz, that is an amazing collection! I can't top that.

I'm gonna clean my room and hopefully find my camera to take pictures of mine.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

What a great idea Might encourage me to tidy up a bit

Soz you have quite a collection!

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"
cupcake0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I'll take pictures of what I have at home, but I have a ton of books in boxes right now so I'll have to take more pictures when I move and unpack them all.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Soz, that is an impressive collection! I gotta ask because I remember you being a Clive Barker fan and those pics reminded me...do you have any idea what's going on with the last two books in his Abarat series? It's been forever since I've heard anything...

A sampling of mine:

Yes, there is a rhyme and reason to my organization, even if it isn't apparent.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Thanks everyone. Those pictures were taken not long after I moved and set up my library. I joined BookMooch after that and have a lot more books now, but looking at the pictures, I realize how many of these books I don't have anymore. I'll try to take some updated pictures, including of the piles that won't fit anywhere else. I also have a built-in bookcase in my living room that I forgot to take pictures of and I have books under my bed too.

22 Umbrellas, according to the Revelations site, Clive Barker submitted the manuscript for book three a year ago, but there have been production delays with the publisher and the book probably won't be out until late next year. Oh and there are now going to be three more books!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Soz - You made a bookshelf out of Encyclopedia's? I gotta see this! I just have a bookshelf that I got at big lots. lol. Its pretty good though but ones a book goes out of my reading list or possible re-read mode it goes to a secondary location in a bookshelf built into a closet, then I have a third location which is for overflow that I can't bare to get rid of like children's book,etc. and those are in my special barnish looking shed in special weather safe boxes (or so mom claims) Yes I have a system!

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
AtomicEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When I get my photos up I'll upload them by segments because I catagorize mine by genre and alphabetical order.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Cullen (View Post)
When I get my photos up I'll upload them by segments because I catagorize mine by genre and alphabetical order.
It's interesting how people have particular ways of organising them. I had all my paperbacks by colour for a while which was nice, but then I moved house and my system went to pieces! Now I'm a fan of the just put it wherever there is space system.

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"
cupcake0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Supreme Fan

I culled some of my books this weekend to take to the used bookstore and now I'm embarassed to take pictures of my bookcase because it's so small in comparison
I only have about three shelves of books. When I moved home I brough five or six books home with me outside of the boxes and have bought several more from used bookstores and the like, as well as getting a few for Christmas and my birthday, but everything else is in boxes...I wasn't expecting to have to keep them in boxes for so long and I'm really missing all my books
But I'll take pictures of my meager shelves now and you can see the difference when I finally move
Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Angel, when I first moved out of my mom's, I didn't have any bookshelves at all so my books were in boxes for at least a year. I saved up money for a long time and bought the two big bookcases then I slowly acquired the others over the years, even rescuing one from the curb and restoring it. It drove me nuts having this huge pile of boxes of books in my living room and needing help to get something out to read because the book I wanted to read was always in the bottom box, of course. I still have the problem of not enough shelf space for my books but I won't let the books take over the entire house, although my library room is kind of overflowing.

JillyHalliwell, yes I did and I took pictures yesterday so I'll try to get them posted later. I had an old set of encyclopedias and the thrift shops around here won't take them. Since I hate throwing things away, I brainstormed for a while to figure out what to do with them. I finally came up with the idea of a bookcase and did a Google search and found a tutorial on Instructables.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Soz, I am greatly impressed and envious of your book collection Can't wait to see your updated pictures

Susan, you have a great collection! How do you organize your books?

I have ended up separating mine out by my favorite books/books I like to re-read versus books that I've gathered over the years from school and other things...

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Gabriela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll have to remember to take pictures of my baby!collection after I move in September cause everything is packed away
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread