Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld

The Leviathan trilogy

Prince Aleksander, would-be heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, is on the run. His own people have turned on him. His title is worthless. All he has is a battletorn war machine and a loyal crew of men.

Deryn Sharp is a commoner, disguised as a boy in the British Air Service. She's a brilliant airman. But her secret is in constant danger of being discovered.

With World War I brewing, Alek and Deryn's paths cross in the most unexpected way…taking them on a fantastical, around-the-world adventure that will change both their lives forever.
The behemoth is the fiercest creature in the British navy. It can swallow enemy battleships with one bite. The Darwinists will need it, now that they are at war with the Clanker powers.

Deryn is a girl posing as a boy in the British Air Service, and Alek is the heir to an empire posing as a commoner. Finally together aboard the airship Leviathan, they hope to bring the war to a halt. But when disaster strikes the Leviathan's peacekeeping mission, they find themselves alone and hunted in enemy territory.

Alek and Deryn will need great skill, new allies, and brave hearts to face what's ahead.

GOLIATH will be released October 2011
Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

This is on my tbr list. I loved his Uglies series.

Captain Ewevs: "You!? But we killed you!"
Boba Fett: "Yes, you killed me. And that made me very, very angry."
FreedomsBullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Awesome
I need to read his other books
Old 12-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've read the first one so far, waiting for the second one from the library

Chrissy |
red velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

I devoured it in one night
Old 12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I read it pretty quickly. Might have been split between a night and a day though because I think I started it after work when I was exhausted and therefore couldn't finish it in one sitting
Hopefully my turn for the second one will come up soon

Chrissy |
Old 12-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

The waiting can suck sometimes

I always read these books fast, just love them so much I guess
Old 12-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it's annoying waiting forever for a book and then having it done and in less than a day - makes me wish the waiting was shorter so that it would feel as though it evened out more

Chrissy |
Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Elite Fan

It's usually only bad for me if I end up not liking the book
Otherwise, I'll just keep rereading

I still need to buy the hardcover of Leviathan, and the UK copy of Behemoth (don't like the new US covers ) but I guess I could keep getting them from the library in the mean time

I'm really going to start to feel the wait for the third book in the summer, I think
Old 12-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't reread things right away, there have to be at least a few months between rereads and that's only if I adore the book, otherwise there has to be at least a year in-between times so the waiting basically kills me unless I forget that I'm waiting and then it's an amazing surprise when the time has come to read something

Hmm, I can understand that. It's important that the book cover feel that it fits the book . Not gonna lie I'll probably forget that I'm waiting for the third one because it will take so long or maybe if I don't find a bunch of new series to fill my time I'll be desperately waiting, it could really go either way

Chrissy |
Old 12-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

I think it'll hit me in the summer because by then it's close but still far away

I usually do rereads when I want to remember an entire series for the next book, but sometimes I will really like a book and want to reread it again whenever. I foresee this series being one of those. LotR is one that I only reread every 3-7 years
Old 12-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely think I could reread them at some point in the future, they seem good enough but I won't be buying them anytime soon as I'm not really allowing myself to these days unless I already have parts of the series and am totally in love with them

Chrissy |
Old 12-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Supreme Fan

I keep seeing the covers when I'm at the bookstore and they look pretty awesome. I haven't read them yet because I have so many other things to read, but I want to give them a try at some point. They look neat, but I honestly don't know too much about them other than the fact that I see these books everywhere I go They seem to be pretty popular.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissalaugha (View Post)
I definitely think I could reread them at some point in the future, they seem good enough but I won't be buying them anytime soon as I'm not really allowing myself to these days unless I already have parts of the series and am totally in love with them
I'm a jobless art student right now, so I'm not buying too many books right now either but these are on the top of that list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngel (View Post)
I keep seeing the covers when I'm at the bookstore and they look pretty awesome. I haven't read them yet because I have so many other things to read, but I want to give them a try at some point. They look neat, but I honestly don't know too much about them other than the fact that I see these books everywhere I go They seem to be pretty popular.
If you like steampunk, AU, or cloning/evolution...
They're YA so pretty quick to get through
Old 03-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is on my book list for this year. Really hope it's good.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
~MelBelle~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread