Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2006, 08:39 PM
jjt
Master Fan

I was hoping the next phase of bad guy would be human. The trainer, Van Cleaf, and Olaf .. both good choices. If the trainer wants the girl that bested his boys, And Olaf is stalking, then Edward would very much be needed to watch Anita's back.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 PM
jjt
Master Fan

DABEL BROTHERS RELEASE LIMITED EDITION ANITA BLAKE T-SHIRTS!

The comic book adaptation of Laurell K. Hamilton’s ANITA BLAKE: VAMPIRE HUNTER in GUILTY PLEASURES won’t be hitting stores until later this summer.

But that won’t stop the book’s most hardcore fans from getting in on the frenzy with some truly stylish shirts that will show their support for the summer’s biggest comic book event.

Sporting the book’s logo in blood-red letters on the front and the words “The seduction begins Summer 2006” on the back, this midnight black shirt is sure to turn heads and attract the interest of anyone who has experienced the adventures of the animator Anita Blake. ONLY 1000 SHIRTS WILL BE MADE! The shirts are available for a short time in a variety of sizes, and they must be ordered between July 10th and July 21st . (Shirts will begin shipping on July 31st.)

You can find the shirts here: osCommerce

Additionally, the Dabel Brothers have announced that they will be sponsoring a contest surrounding these t-shirts: the winners will make a cameo in an upcoming issue of the Anita Blake comic book!

There are three ways to win:

1) Simply buy a shirt. Anyone who buys one will be automatically entered into a random drawing to win a slot!
2) Buy a lot of shirts. The fan who purchases the most shirts will automatically win a slot!
3) When the book arrives in store, have someone take a picture of you wearing a shirt (and any other Anita-esque apparel you’d like) as you walk into your local comic book store to pick up a copy of the first issue. Than send it to anitablake@dabelbrothers.com . The picture we like the best will determine the winner. (Entries must be received by August 31st. Please have fun, but be tasteful).
Old 08-04-2006, 11:31 AM
Absolute Fan

Hi everybody. I just started reading the AB books last month, and I've made it up to Bloody Bones, but they are just getting harder and harder to read. It seems like there isn't very much actually story or plot and just a whole lot of little things for filler. I bought the first 11 in one big lot from ebay, so I feel like I have to read them.

It's a little discouraging that a lot of you don't even like Anita and just read for the other characters, but I don't really like any of the other characters. I can't stand Richard. I really only like Edward and Jean Claude. Eh, I guess I'm just venting about the series. I just expected a lot more from it.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Well, I don't want to spoil anyone. But I gotta ask, what does everyone think of Asher's new animal? I want to say about freakin time, but I think a better choice could have been made.

): )
Old 08-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

yeah, i agree. i've always felt bad for asher. he seems to always get the short end of the stick.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

WEll, its interesting he finaly got an animal. Even it if is a hyena, but you'd think LKH could have come up with something a little more inventive.

I always pegged him for a lion kinda guy.

Old 08-13-2006, 11:44 AM
jjt
Master Fan

Blog says she's writing Edward scenes! Whoo hoo

Last edited by jjt; 09-04-2006 at 02:52 PM
Old 08-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Come on now, wheres the love? Where is everyone?

Old 09-04-2006, 03:05 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Well, been trying to decide what book to take with me on vacation. I haven't read last 4 yet. Was on strike, lol, waiting on Edward in print before I do. So will need to before the next one is out. But soo soo tempting just to reread obsidian butterfly.

So any suggestions on best vacation blake book?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt (View Post)
Blog says she's writing Edward scenes! Whoo hoo

Oh cool! I haven't read the last couple of books because I heard they were mostly sex. Hopefully the new book will still make sense, even without reading them. Oh and have lots of Edward to make up for his absense

Maybe another Obsidian Butterfly!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 07:49 AM
jjt
Master Fan

Howdy all. Droped by to see how everyone is getting along. I'm jazzed about the Antia comic. Have the preview and issue 1 on preorder. But then again I'm a comic geek. Will have to get the trade too once it comes out. They were shooting for Jan I think which means it'll probably be june. lol.

Looking at some of the sneak peak artwork .. JC looks very nice. And Brett Booth is doing a great job with his interpretation of Anita as well.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:51 AM
jjt
Master Fan

ps and sorry about the double post:

Laurell has an ebay auction up that is for a pet charity that's worth looking at. It's several signed books, the magnet series, the dvd of her book reading in st louis etc.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:23 PM
jjt
Master Fan

If there are days between a post is it considered a double post?

Sigh .. couldn't wait wanted to reply on the Anita comic of guilty pleasures. I was quite impressed. It was a bit more wordy than the typical comic. But it was very true to the story, kept the same tone and most of the best lines. The drawing was good and overall I was quite impressed. I highly recommend it to fans of either LKH or vamp comics.

Willie was cuter than I thought he'd be drawn for a slimeball.
JC was dead on my mental image. As was Phillip.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:48 PM
Passionate Fan

So the GP comic is out already? I thought it was scheduled for a November release.

I still haven't read Danse Macabre yet. I just haven't been in the mood for AB stuff. My copy of Strange Candy came in though...so I might end up reading that first.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:38 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Supposed to pick up strange candy this weekend. I'm behind on reading NIC is the last of the series I've read. Got them ready to read once the Edward book is out.

The first issue of GP comic is due out mid october. I preordered it. The one I already picked up is a preview comic. It's black and white pencil/ink version. I like it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread