Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 AM
New Fan

I am just re reading the MG series and I am on seduced by Moonlight right now. I love it. The guys are so tasty lol I have to say LKH has a knack for making up men. I mean I love Nathaniel and JC from the AB series and Frost. Mmm Mmm yummy! lol Can't wait for the new book!
Old 06-16-2006, 10:38 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Howdy. Hope everyone is well. I have gotten so far behind on the series and no idea when I'll catch up. But was reading and came across some info and then started researching.

Anyone else heard more about the comic book series of Anita?
I believe it's out soon! Haven't found a realase date .. but my ava is a crop from one of the three planned covers.
http://www.laurellkhamilton.org/DabelPR.htm
Brett Booth is the artist. I'm excited about this.

Dance Macabre due June 27th 06
Death of a darklord in hardback July 11th 06
Strange Candy due Oct 3rd 06
Mistral's Kiss due Dec 12th 06

Last edited by jjt; 06-16-2006 at 10:58 PM
Old 06-17-2006, 10:31 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt

Anyone else heard more about the comic book series of Anita?
I believe it's out soon! Haven't found a realase

Found it .. July 26 06 for the first comic. Trade scheduled for Jan 07. There is a preview of the comic in the current marshal comic.

Hope they come up with t-shirts from the comic series as well. The Zombies are Cool with the penguin zombie from the cover is so cute I'd wear it.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Anita who?

Hi,

I just had to come and vent about the Anita Blake series. I've read GP, CoftheD, lunatic cafe and I finally finished the killing dance. Iam so disappointed in this book. I had planned to read up until OB since I had read reviews saying that this is when the series takes a turn for the worse. At this point Iam not sure If I want to read the next book.

I just don't understand the character anymore. She would have never slept with JC. of course she was attracted to him but she thought of him as a walking corpse. He's manipulative and arrogant. I always thought it was better to tease us with the thought of something more with JC/Anita but never expected it to go further. Since she loses her credibility and morals.

Then there's the issue of her dating both of them at the same time. How could anyone deal with this. then cheating with JC because she couldn't accept Richard's wolf. That is illogical. (I know people aren't logical) She deals with the dead, zombies, vampires all kinds of monsters but he turns a little furry and it's too much. But the real problem is she turn to JC who is a vampire. Drinks blood kills people and is definitely much more dangerous then Richard.

Sorry if this has been discussed but I just had to put this somewhere.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

@ alienfactor. Yeah, I'm not a fan of Anita. I keep reading the series for the other characters. Anita just annoys the hell out of me.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:09 PM
jjt
Master Fan

I'm thinking that Anita has to become a 'monster' morally and hit bottom before she begins her arc back to find herself. Course that could all be wishful thinking.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

I dunno, I think as weird as it all is, Anita's finaly gotten her life working out for her. I do enjoy the f/m scenes, all but Richard that is, I would like a lil more point to it all next time.

Gives us back a lasting bad guy. Sure Belle is something fierce, but we've never actually met her.

): )
Old 06-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

alienfactor, I had the same reaction to The Killing Dance and I still haven't read anything more in the series because I was so disappointed with it and with the direction Anita and the series took.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Now Raina & Gabriel were two bad guys that made an impact. Thats what Anita needs right now, some real bad guys to get her back into that butt kicking mindset.

Maybe Olaf could stop by?

Old 07-02-2006, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

I love Olaf because he was so screwy. I would love if Olaf stopped by and Edward followed. I miss Edward.

I agree that Anita needs are really good baddie to butt heads with. It seems like the baddies are just a small part of the stories now-a-days and they don't seem fully developed or terribly strong or anything.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Agreed .. I so want an Edward book.

BTW there was a blurb about a possible comic preview tee shirt beingreleased from the DBPro site. I like the art I've seen for the comic adaptation so far.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Hey, could anyone help me out. Does anyone remember the french title Asher holds? It means second in command, but I can't recall it right now.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt
I'm thinking that Anita has to become a 'monster' morally and hit bottom before she begins her arc back to find herself. Course that could all be wishful thinking.

Hi all
Okay so I bought DM the day it came out but after reading excerpt of the first chapter on line a few weeks ago I'm feeling a bit concerned that the current release will be another angst fest and I'm just not up to it.

I really like your concept jjt that would be an awesome idea. But I suspect my like of the notion is also just wishful thinking. Is't your art work from the AB comic? Is it out yet? If so Is it worth getting? Does it start with a graphic representation of the early AB series or does it pick up with something else entirely?

Also many moons ago, on LKH blog didn't she say this AB book was supposed to have the reappearence of Olaf and Edward? Does anybody know it that is actually the case or did she veer off somewhere else entirely as the title might suggest?

So at any rate I have DM but don't know when I plan to get to it, maybe when I hear something good about it. Not sure I'm up for a let-down just yet. I think I'm actually more interested in the MG series at this point any way.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:54 PM
jjt
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaki
Is't your art work from the AB comic? Is it out yet? If so Is it worth getting? Does it start with a graphic representation of the early AB series or does it pick up with something else entirely?
Yeah, it's the art from one of the covers. Last I heard the comic was due out end july. Comics almost always run late. So who knows. But it's supposed to be a retelling of Guilty Pleasures. I heard they contracted to make comic adaptations of the first several books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evaki
Also many moons ago, on LKH blog didn't she say this AB book was supposed to have the reappearence of Olaf and Edward? Does anybody know it that is actually the case or did she veer off somewhere else entirely as the title might suggest?

According to her Blog, She started writing and the story took longer than she expected. So Edward wasn't in by 3/4 of the book and she didn't want to waist Edward on the end of the book. So decided to save that storyline for the next book.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

What do you thinhk will happen when Olaf shows up? I mean, Anita's more then humanly strong now. That might interesting him.....

No help with Ashler qiestion?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread