Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

I've read My Sister's Keeper and The 10th Circle. I'm currently up to the second chapter in Vanishing ACts. Jodi really has a great style of writing.
Beautiful madness . . .
Old 08-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I enjoyed reading my first Jodi Picoult book, The Pact, but once I started reading My Sister's Keeper I realized that the two books were much too similar for me to want to continue reading her books.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

My first book by Jodi Picoult was My sister's keeper, then the pact and now I'm halfway done with Nineteen minutes. I really enjoy her writing, and although I see themes in her books that are alike, I didn't think they were too similar to stop reading them.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Loyal Fan

I have to be honest...I'd never heard of her until this year when I was reading a People Magazine and saw a review in the Book Review section for Nineteen Minutes. I love dramatic stuff and the reviewer gave it 4 stars and it just seemed like something I'd really enjoy.

However, just as I was going to get it, the tragedy at Virginia Tech. happened and I just felt almost guilty to read a book about that subject matter. However I finally got it this summer and got through it in a week.

I have never cried over a book but I came very close to it with this book. The whole situation was just so profoundly sad and tragic. I loved how she didn't make Peter completely sympathetic and justified in his actions because even though the kids were horrible, there was no justification for the innocent people he hurt like the teacher. Also, there was the fact that he was never remorseful at all about his actions...completely desentisized to the tragedy of what he'd done.

Still my tears almost came when he
Spoiler:

I too figured out the ending pretty quickly, especially when I realized the diary type entries at the start of some of the chapters was actually being written by Josie and not Peter as one would have first assumed. I did think it was rather poetic irony that
Spoiler:

"There is nothing as tragic as being alive and not enjoying life." J. Meyer
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

just finished reading 'mercy' and to be honest it took me a while to get into, but persivered with it and again another great book, with an ending that u arent expecting.

also UK readers - Second glance is out in hardback on aug 23rd with mercy also out the same day in paperback
Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I've read The Tenth Circle, The Pact, Salem Falls, Nineteen Minutes, Keeping Faith and Im reading Perfect Match at the mo.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Master Fan

Hello, I am a new Jodi Picoult fan. I have only read two books by her Vanishing Acts and My Sister's Keeper. I finished My Sister's Keeper early this morning. I balled my eyes out. I am still upset over that book.

I am at the library right now and I am planning on picking up another one of her books.

Icon by Periwinkles
Old 09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

My Sister's Keeper had me balling so hard also! Such a wonderfully told story.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang It Up (View Post)
I enjoyed reading my first Jodi Picoult book, The Pact, but once I started reading My Sister's Keeper I realized that the two books were much too similar for me to want to continue reading her books.
I'd have to agree with that.
I read my Sisters Keeper, and balled my eyes out over it, but the next book i picked up (cant remember which) bored me to death as it had the same style.
Its the same deal with Dan Brown. You can only read so many before they become redundant

« Fiddle-dee-dee »
Old 10-06-2007, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

just reading tenth circle now - loving it
Old 10-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree...nearly all her books have the same theme...and they all have courtroom scenes. It is a little irritating.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Addicted Fan

I actually to be honest with you all I don't mind the courtroom scenes. I find them interesting and intriguing. My best friend is a lawyer and it makes me think of him while I am reading the scenes.

I am reading Nineteen Minutes now and its is by far one of my favorite Jodi books. I can't wait to read more when I get home from work today!

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
Old 11-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriaMichelle (View Post)
I actually to be honest with you all I don't mind the courtroom scenes. I find them interesting and intriguing. My best friend is a lawyer and it makes me think of him while I am reading the scenes.

I am reading Nineteen Minutes now and its is by far one of my favorite Jodi books. I can't wait to read more when I get home from work today!
What is it about?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryangreenbergfan (View Post)
just reading tenth circle now - loving it
That's actually the only Jodi Picoult book I've read -- I thought it was pretty good, though I always skipped over the comics. My mom had already read it, and she told me that the comics aren't necessary to read, in order to understand the story.

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
Old 11-12-2007, 03:23 AM
Extreme Fan

I love Jodi Picoult I was introduced to her after watching the TV Movie The Pact when I found it was based on a book I was eager to get it and read it,

I have read it several times, my book is actually coming apart. I have also read plain truth too. I have gotten several others but haven't read them yet.

I did get Nineteen Minutes over the weekend and started it tonight. So far it is really good.