Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2006, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

It's a pretty good series. They're different to the Plum books in that there's no "who will she choose" subplot and they focus on a couple rather than a single character but the humor is really similar. The series is mostly set around Max and Jamie. The first book is sort of like a prequel in that it introduces Max as a teenager but the story is really about his uncle. Max is a main character in the next three books which deal with how he meets Jamie and their relationship develops.

The first four are worth reading but the last two books have sort of disappointed me. Each had a different main character that hadn't been mentioned prior to that book yet they were both presented as close friends of Jamie's. Plus, there were significant developments in Max and Jamie's relationship that we didn't get to see their reactions to because the book wasn't told from their perspective. Imagine if Stephanie chose between Ranger and Morelli in a book about a high school friend we'd never heard of and you kind of have the idea.

Full Bloom was a good book if approached as a standalone. I would have preferred another book from Max and Jamie's perspective but it was still a fun read. Full Scoop was just a mess; it was poorly written and there wasn't much of a plot. The first four are really good, the fifth was fun and is worth reading if you really enjoy the rest of the series but I wouldn't bother with Full Scoop at all. Janet Evanovich's Web Site has summaries up if you want to read the blurbs.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

cool, i'll give the first 2 books a try then first thanks soooo much and the link too!

another question....does anybody know where i can find Plum series ebooks??? i still dont have a copy of eleven on top and twelve sharp, i can't find it anywhere here in our country, i;ve been to all the bookstore in our city they are all out of stock and doesn't know when they'd have it again!
Old 05-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Just started reading these not too long ago. I'm currently on book six and it's like I can't get enough of it! LOL I have up to book 9, but when I finish that, more then likely I'll go out and get some more. I want to catch up before book 13/14? (can't remember which) comes out!

I'm torn between Ranger and Morelli as well. Can't she just have both?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Book Thirteen is coming out in just a few more days. I can't wait

Does anyone know if Evanovich has announced how many books are going to be in the series total? As much as I love them, I'm anxious to finally see who Stephanie's going to pick. (I'm rooting for Ranger!)
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Just finished LMT. I had preordered it, and my bookstore made a booboo and gave it to me a week early. too bad for them, good for me.
It's not the best in the series, but not the worst either. but then I had my hopes up too much maybe? anyways, still was a fun read, if anyone wants to know anythign early, feel free to pm me
Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM
New Fan

Hi!

Is there anybody around??
PaulaSchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:15 PM
Total Fan

Define "around".

I've only read a couple of the Stephanie Plum books but I liked them. I've got a couple others sitting around waiting to be read and picked up Visions of Sugar Plums at the store today.

I introduced a friend of mine who doesn't read as much as I do and doesn't always agree with my tastes to Evanovich through a different set of books and she enjoyed them. She'd never read three books so fast in her life!!! She doesn't know it yet but I've gotten her Full House, a book Evanovich originally published using the name Steffie Hall, for Christmas.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love all the holiday novellas. I started reading them first. Coz I bought 'Visions of a sugar plum' for my little sister, to encourage her to read, and then I got hooked lol I got the first book (one for the money) for france, fell in love, then ran around the country trying to find english books. i could only get eleven on top and LMT, so I cant wait to read the rest when i get back home (Australia). I read all the excerpts on JE's website I love them. Everyone, the holiday novellas as hilarious. And Steph's love life gets even more complicated.

As for Ranger and Morelli. I have no idea what to do. One minute I'm rooting for Ranger the next Morelli, they keep doing things that make me change my mind. But one thing is true for the both of them, they're bloody hot lol I wish I had just one of them, Steph's too lucky... well maybe lucky's not a good word, people do sem to try and blow her up all the time lol
tu es mon ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Total Fan

I grabbed Two for the Dough off my bookshelf the other day but a couple paragraphs in I realized I've read it before. I'll keep going any way since I need a refresher course on the characters before I move on to Three to Get Deadly, which is the only other Plum book, besides the holiday, between-the-numbers novella Visions of Sugar Plums, which I suppose I shouldn't read until after Hard Eight.

Okay, I just went to Evanovich's website and Ranger and Morelli air fresheners are going on sale July 1st!?!?! Has anyone purchased anything from her online store? I think the keytags are cute but I wish there was one for Grandma Mazur.

Also, Janet will be on The Today Show July 1st and there is a link to send in a question: Janet Evanovich's Website
Old 06-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

so whos read fearless fourteen? and what did you think? not as funny as i hoped it would be. ten is still my fav.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Total Fan

I finished Two for the Dough about 15 minutes ago and plan to start on (and possibly finish) Three to Get Deadly this weekend.

Any way, I taped most of the Today show on the 1st but I didn't see Janet. Did anyone else? I don't know if I just missed her or if she wasn't on.

As for the air fresheners that are now for sale, the Morelli one is supposed to smell like cupcakes and the Ranger one supposedly smells as close to Ranger as legally possible, whatever that means.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Haven't read Fourteen yet and don't know if I'm going to... I heard it wasn't very good. Any thoughts from someone who's read it?
Angela12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Total Fan

My bff let me borrow the whole series over a year ago (which at the time was only 12 books). I read One For the Money, and though I loved Janet's style and humor, like a lot, I couldn't seem to find the time or the want to continue on to Two For the Dough. So I gave them to my mom to read. She tore through them and fell in love with the books (but not to the point that I fall in love with books, btw). I ended up giving them back to my friend without reading them myself, but I always intended one day that I'd pick the series back up again. Especially because my friend intrigued me with talk of the triangle and her (and others, including my mom) love for Ranger. I was intrigued not because I'm into triangles (yuck!) but because I fell IN LOVE with Morelli and Stephanie/Morelli in the first book and could NOT conceive that anybody would care about seeing her with anyone else. And I wanted to see if Janet's writing was that good that she could change my mind.

When I started back to school I decided that I should take advantage of our state's interlibrary loan system and started ordering books.

I ordered books 2 and 3 of the series and became instantly hooked. I don't think I ever laugh as hard reading books than I do reading Stephanie Plum books. Then I promptly started kicking my own ass for ever having gave up on the series, even temporarily.

I'm now up to book 9. And I'll order the rest next week.

Okay some points...
--I still love Morelli. He's like the straight man of the series. And I don't mind that. Because he's naughty when he needs to be. And he takes care of Stephanie. I dont know how it's going to be in the rest of the series, but after nearly every mishap Steph has, the one person that stops in (mostly) or calls is Joe. And I love couples with history. Love em!

--I've grown fonder of Ranger but I'm not as in love with him as so many other Plum fans seem to be. I get his appeal as the resident hunk/studmuffin but I just...there's not enough personality there for me yet to truly care about him other than how he relates to Stephanie. And I don't really agree with the moves he was making on Stephanie while she was/is in a relationship with Joe.

--One of the things I absolutely LOVE about this series so far is the cast of supporting characters. Every one of the re-occuring characters - Lulu, Connie, Grandma Mazur, Vinnie, Steph's mom and dad, etc...are so individualized and unique. And then you have the feature characters, like the FTAs and the neighborhood peeps. They are all so interesting and bring something singular to the books in which they are featured.

I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
As for the air fresheners that are now for sale, the Morelli one is supposed to smell like cupcakes and the Ranger one supposedly smells as close to Ranger as legally possible, whatever that means.
bvulgari body wash?

Quote:
Haven't read Fourteen yet and don't know if I'm going to... I heard it wasn't very good. Any thoughts from someone who's read it?
It was okay... but as with 13 it just wasnt as funny as i thought it could be... i guess by now Janet's running out of new plotlines but yeah, its also getting to the stage where you want Stephenie to pick someone already.. I dont know. I think you should read it, you may like it, personally I liked it, but wish it was as laugh-out-loud funny as the earlier novels.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Total Fan

via ebay and Sam's, I now have the Plum series through Hot Six and 2 of the "Between-the-Numbers" novels. Now I just have to find time to read them along with all the other books I have. Since I'm going on a trip soon, I figure I can make a decent dent in my stack.
Reply   Post New Thread