Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

The Immortals Series - Evermore : Blue Moon: Shadowland

I hope this is okay, I did a search and couldn't find anything on the boards for this series.

I recently picked up "Evermore" because to be honest, the cover was pretty and it was two bucks at a used bookstore. I needed something to read at work as I'm in between series at the moment and thought this "Twilight" rip off would do the trick.

I was really surprised to find tha it was very different and although yes there are some of those teen romance cliches, it's a really good book. I havn't read Blue Moon yet as I'm still not finished with Evermore, but I can already tell that I'm going to be a fan.

The series itselt is very interesting to me, everything with Ever and her family to her "gifts" and the stuff with Riley. Of course there is also the stuff with Damen and the mystery there, but what I've found that I like more than anything is the focus on Ever and Riley. It's a very sweet relationship and while I know it can't last because Riley needs to move on, it's still a nice thought.

I also love Ever's frieds at school, Haven and Miles. I think it was rather modern to include a gay male as her best friend instead of someone they could use as a possible love interest.

So anyone else a fan? I'm very excited that I have two more books to read after this one and hopefully it will become a popular series because I really do enjoy it.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Immortals Series by Alyson Noel #1: Prepared to be Wowed, a story like you've never seen before.

Wecome to the 1st Immortals Appreciation thread

Evermore
Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, Ever can see auras, hear people's thoughts, and know a person's entire life story by touch. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen.

Damen Auguste is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head—wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can see straight into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. She has no idea just who he really is—or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.

Blue Moon

Just as Ever is learning everything she can about her new abilities as an immortal, initiated into the dark, seductive world by her beloved Damen, something terrible is happening to him. As Ever's powers are increasing, Damen's are fading—stricken by a mysterious illness that threatens his memory, his identity, his life.

Desperate to save him, Ever travels to the mystical dimension of Summerland, uncovering not only the secrets of Damen's past—the brutal, tortured history he hoped to keep hidden—but also an ancient text revealing the workings of time. With the approaching blue moon heralding her only window for travel, Ever is forced to decide between turning back the clock and saving her family from the accident that claimed them—or staying in the present and saving Damen, who grows weaker each day...

Shadowland

Ever and Damen have traveled through countless past lives—and fought off the world's darkest enemies—so they could be together forever. But just as their long-awaited destiny is finally within reach, a powerful curse falls upon Damen...one that could destroy everything. Now a single touch of their hands or a soft brush of their lips could mean sudden death—plunging Damen into a bleak afterlife in the Shadowland, an eternal abyss for lost souls. Desperate to break the curse and save Damen, Ever immerses herself in magick—and gets help from an unexpected source...Jude Knight.

Although she and Jude have only just met, he feels startlingly familiar. Despite her fierce loyalty to Damen, Ever is drawn to Jude, a green-eyed golden boy with magical talents and a mysterious past. She's always believed Damen to be her soul mate and one true love—and she still believes it to be true. But as Damen pulls away to save them from the darkness inhabiting his soul, Ever's connection with Jude grows stronger—and tests her love for Damen like never before...

Old 10-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

I loved "Evermore"! It was a surprisingly good read.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Have you read Blue Moon?
Old 10-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

I'm a little surprised there wasn't a thread 'til now.

Anyway, I'd have to say Evermore was one of the more disappointing reads this year for me. I'm curious enough to check out Blue Moon, but whether I bother to read the third will likely depend on BM.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I'm pretty curious about this series, but it's not being released until December here.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

my aunt got it for me omg i have it now omg finally yayyyyyyyyyy
Old 10-25-2009, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Amy, Blue Moon is ALOT better than Evermore.

Ann, really? i have seen them in the bookstores here.

Lauren, yay that's awesome
Old 10-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

I started a thread for this weeks ago but nobody ever posted.

I havn't read Blue Moon yet, but I plan on ordering it soon. I loved Evermore and really fell for Damon and Ever.

I thought it could easily come off as a Twilight copy, but the story was very different.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, well i looked, i couldn't see one

Yeah, its definitely different from Twilight.. which makes it interesting. It really surprised me which i liked.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've only read the first one and I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I liked the concept of the aura/colors and the flowers, but I was more interested in learning more about Ever's sister than Ever/Damen.

I will check out Blue Moon to see if it's better though. I absolutely love the Shadowland cover.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, Ever's sister is getting her own series.

Blue Moon is a bit more intense.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder what that series will be about then. Not much a ghost can do, is there?
Old 10-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know.. i have no clue what it will be about.. because she is with her parents now, happy to have moved on
Old 10-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Jen, I've never seen it in the bookstores here, but I checked one of the websites and it told me it was coming out on December.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread