Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2016, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Hunt Trilogy #1 | Andrew F ukuda

THE HUNT TRILOGY

Quote:
Don't Sweat. Don't Laugh. Don't draw attention to yourself. And most of all, whatever you do, do not fall in love with one of them.

Gene is different from everyone else around him. He can't run with lightning speed, sunlight doesn't hurt him and he doesn't have an unquenchable lust for blood. Gene is a human, and he knows the rules. Keep the truth a secret. It's the only way to stay alive in a world of night―a world where humans are considered a delicacy and hunted for their blood.

When he's chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the last remaining humans, Gene's carefully constructed life begins to crumble around him. He's thrust into the path of a girl who makes him feel things he never thought possible―and into a ruthless pack of hunters whose suspicions about his true nature are growing. Now that Gene has finally found something worth fighting for, his need to survive is stronger than ever―but is it worth the cost of his humanity?

-----

I found this in my sister's book shelf and read it fairly quick, it was kind of interesting.

Definitely reminded me of the hunger games except with vampires. By the end of it though I was really enjoying it! I advent read books 2/3 yet but I want to buy them. Anyone else heard of it?

If not, its definitely worth checking out I think!

i had to space out the title because F U K isn't allowed on ff.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've read all three of them I found it a unique take on the vampire genre.
Stay to the Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

You ddid? Wow, I'm surprised, I didn't think anyone really knew about them.

I thought the first book started out very cliche but then it started to get really interesting in the middle. It was obvious that Ashley June was not a vampire from the beginning and I think I prefer the Sissy/Gene dynamic right now but we'll see where it goes.

I thought the fight scene stuff was pretty well done.

I may need to "Borrow" the last two books from you Jen
Old 06-19-2016, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I read them years ago when they first came out.

I'll send them to you

No, Ashley was not a vampire in the beginning, but you shall see what happens
Old 06-25-2016, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cool, thanks Jen! I'll pm you once I finish some other books
Old 06-26-2016, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

No worries.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm interested in getting back to this series, I keep thinking about it! haha.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, you should finish off the series.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finished book 2. I was bummed to see that Ashley had actually turned and that her and Gene really didnt interact at all in the 2nd book when they were such a big thing in the first one.

I also for some reason imagined that Sissy was older so when her and Gene started to hook up I was confused lol. I am not sure I am really into that relationship much.

I did like the SL in season 2 though. It got really interesting near the end. Im definitely curious to see how it ends.

Sissy/Gene being the cure together was really stupid and cliche to me. Huh? I guess Ill have to see how that turns out lol
Old 06-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. I did not like Sissy/Gene at all. I much preferred Ashley.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, I finished the third book. It was really good, I liked it better than 2 because it was constantly moving and pretty interesting the entire time. I was very disappointed with the outcome though.

I liked Gene's initial idea of mixing his blood with Sissy's to turn Ashley June back to human, so I was super bummed when instead they just made her even more crazy and then had Gene shoot her. Like, what was the point of their entire storyline in season 1 if they were just gonna do that to her?

Then, we never even get to see Gene's father and they leave a pretty crappy impression of him just abandoning his son. We only see Sissy/Gene flying off to find him? I guess? How is the series over? Shouldn't there be a book 4 then to explain what happened after? I'm just confused.

And the twist about the humans being the "virus" after all was a cool twist, but it felt sort of tacked on last second. And to me, it just makes more sense to just turn into one because you feel more confident and in control in your body as a vampire, compared to being a human, not to mention the fact that you will always have to run for your entire life??? IDK. I found it a bit odd.
Old 06-29-2018, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree I hated the way Ashley's SL ended, I felt that was a bit unnecessary.

I did check, and there is no 4th book. I guess part of it he wanted to leave it open ended
Old 06-29-2018, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thats lazy writing imo because he doestn really resolve anything at all. And the whole point he was trying to find his father so not to ever do that was really frustrating.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's true
Reply   Post New Thread