Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Host | Stephenie Meyer #2: Because we can't wait to see this amazing book brought to life. | March 29, 2013

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

Fans
1. Stay to the Lights
2. Andra
3. xlennie
4. delenalove
5. love fades
6. Tutor_Girl
7. Whitney86
8. Addiction

Last edited by Stay to the Lights; 03-16-2012 at 07:08 PM
Old 12-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ahhh I love the title! Great pick
Old 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for the new thread
Old 12-31-2011, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks fo the new thread. Just saw the casting of Jamie. Curious what this kids acting is like.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. I guess we shall see. He certainly looks like I pictured him.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:40 AM
Elite Fan

I always pictured the boy who plays the younger version of Sam on Supernatural. Collin Ford I think his name is. He is probably much older than Jamie was in the book, but that's how I pictured him anyway. I think this kid looks the part though as well.
Old 12-31-2011, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

He isn't a bad actor. I watch him on Good Luck Charlie and I think his acting on there. Although that show is more of comedy it would be interesting to see him how he handles the emotional parts in the Host.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

He will have to pull off some heavy emotional scenes. I loved the bond between Jamie and Wanda in the books, probably moreso than his relationship with Melanie.

In some ways, I think this movie should be in two or three parts, the first part showing Melanie and her struggle and ending with her capture and takeover by Wanda. It could showcase the relationship between she and Jared in a way that the book didn't.

I really am curious how they will condense that HUGE book into a two hour movie. There is just so much they need to show us I think. It would be difficult to skip parts and still have it be an enjoyable adaptation.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Just here to wish a happy new year to fellow host lovers *hugs everyone*

And to be slightly on topic

Old 12-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Happy New Year guys!

I haven't seen him in Good Luck Charlie either, but I am sure being an actor he would be able to do a whole range of emotions, and being so young.. but, I doubt they would have not casted him if they weren't positive he could pull it off.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just saw this fan trailer, and loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knFxi...layer_embedded

I can't embed for the life of me, I give up, so I leave the link
Old 01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Elite Fan

That fan trailer was AMAZING! I got chills.

It also brought up something interesting. I wonder if Saoirse will be playing a double role. In the book we hear both sides of the conversation inside Wanda/Melanie's head, but it would be hard to translate on screen. In "New Moon", they had Rob Pattinson appear as Edward when in the book Bella only heard him. I think it added to the movie a little and in The Host it would be less confusing.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Nikki*~ (View Post)
That fan trailer was AMAZING! I got chills.

It also brought up something interesting. I wonder if Saoirse will be playing a double role. In the book we hear both sides of the conversation inside Wanda/Melanie's head, but it would be hard to translate on screen. In "New Moon", they had Rob Pattinson appear as Edward when in the book Bella only heard him. I think it added to the movie a little and in The Host it would be less confusing.
I thought the same, that they would just have an ~illusion of Saoirse for Wanderer. But IDK how would the end would work with the new host, wouldn't it be too confusing (for those that haven't read the book)? I wouldn't mind if the movie ended with Wanderer's sacrifice, I think it's a more powerful ending IF there is going to be a sequel. If there's no sequel I do want to see Wanda/ Ian
Old 01-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Elite Fan

I figured Saoirse would play Wanda as Melanie and then an illusion of the real Melanie instead of just a voice in her head.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

I honestly can't think of another way, and when Wanda gets her own host...she will see... nothing? Yeah I guess. LOL
Closed Thread   Post New Thread