Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 01:58 AM
jjt
Master Fan

Harry Potter Book Discussion Part 2

Howdy and welcome to the second thread for the most current Harry Potter book discussion.

You can find part 1 Here.

You can find the Harry Potter Board Here.

Harry Potter series:

1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Old 08-09-2003, 02:00 AM
jjt
Master Fan

A little poll to get the thread started:

If you could be any Harry Potter character for a day .. who would you be and why?
Old 08-09-2003, 04:52 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I've been staying away until I'd finished book 5 and I've done it at last [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'd be Hermione for a day because she's smart and has the two best friends ever. Plus, the ability to do magic [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Sarah

Reading Is Awesome!
Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
Old 08-09-2003, 06:14 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't know who I would be, but I sure do love these books! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yeah, I'd probably be Hermione as well, she's smart and I'd love to be able to do magic as well.

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think I would be Ginny because she's smarter than everyone thinks she is and she is part of the action but she can distance herself from it and be involved without being in danger. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2003, 11:31 AM
jjt
Master Fan

I think I'd be Dumbledor for a day. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Once I got over the whole switching genders, it would be cool to be that powerful. And I have always wondered what was going on in his head.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:26 PM
Absolute Fan

I'd wanna be Snape or Lucius Malfoy. I'd love to know what's going with them. Like..why is Snape trusted by Dumbledore and is Lucius really as faithful a Death Eater as we thought? haha, that sounds like a fanfic...but I'd love to get inside their minds..
Old 08-09-2003, 02:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh yeah, Dumbledore hands down. That man knows more than he is letting on.

Plus, I've always wondered (from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone), what he meant when he said that he didn't need an invisibility cloak to be invisible. Plus he knows how to go into other people's minds (Legilimency)...I don't know, I think it would be rather cool to find out everything Dumbledore knows....
Old 08-09-2003, 02:58 PM
New Fan

Dumbledore, for me too. Like Lynea, I've wondered what Dumbledore meant when he said he didn't need an invisibility cloak. Also, exactly what troubled him about Tom Riddle way back when.

And actually, I'd really love to see what Dudley would see with the Dementors. His reaction was quite strong.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:23 AM
Loyal Fan

I'd like to be Draco as well- to see if he *really* hates Harry, Ron and Hermione as much as he says he does or if he's just jealous. It would be interesting to see why he does the things he does.

Reading Is Awesome!
Old 08-10-2003, 07:03 AM
Addicted Fan

What is everyone's fave HP book so far? Mine would be the Prisoner of Azkaban, followed by Order of the Phoenix. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

- Erin, from TWOP.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Absolute Fan

Mine too. PoA is my favorite and OotP is my second favorite. I really like finding out more about Harry's parents. And in PoA, we're introduced to James's old best friends and in OotP, we have the penseive (sp?) scene.

And speaking of the penseive scene, who thinks James was just a jerk for doing that to Snape? Or who thinks that it was just because he was 15 yrs old and that he grew out of it?

I think he grew out of it...I hope he grew out of his little "bullying" thing..
Old 08-10-2003, 02:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hate to be boring, but I'd like to be Harry. He experiences the magic and the wizard world with genuine joy and surprise, discovering it all for the first time. He has so much awful stuff to contrast it with at the Dursleys. Plus, it would be fun to be the hero. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Laura
Old 08-11-2003, 03:26 AM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Like most of you here, my two favourite books are PoA and OoTP.
I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] PoA the best because I love the new characters introduced (especially Lupin) and I love how it's darker than the other two (especially with the Dementors).
I love OoTP because it explores Harry's feelings and reactions to things more than the other book and also ties up a few loose ends.
I can't wait for the next book [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I don't think James was a jerk for doing that to Snape in OoTP, I think he was just being a typical 15 year old boy.

[ 08-11-2003: Message edited Stars_And_Sunsets ]

Reading Is Awesome!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Stars_And_Sunsets:
<STRONG>
I don't think James was a jerk for doing that to Snape in OoTP, I think he was just being a typical 15 year old boy.</STRONG>
But Harry is 15 too, and he was appalled.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread