Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Loyal Fan

When I first heard about LL being casted as Blair I was like wtf??? But I could see her as Blair, her hair is darker than it used to be and if she layed off tanning she have the same pale complexion, but I still don't think she's right for the part. I think they need older actors for this because all of the characters are really sophisticated and classy. (with the exception of Chuck)I could see someone like Mischa Barton play Serena.... but I think they'd be better off with fairly unknown actors or totally unknown actors the same age as the characters... But that's just me...

Jossette(sp?)- I agree with you, I think a television series would be better unless they plan on making the movies a series....they'd have to make them in pretty quick succesion thogh because I don't think it'd work if there was, like a huge gap....between each one.

As for who GG is I think it's either, Serena, Chuck or Vanessa, but I'm leaning towards Serena....

Who is everyone's favourite character? I think mine is Serena- she rocks!

You are my sweetest downfall...
Self-confessed junkie of; OneTreeHill.The OC.Buffy.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lilmnx04
My favourite character is probably Dan. I don't know why I like him but I do
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 08-25-2004, 04:40 AM
Loyal Fan

I found the pic of the knew gossip girl: You're The One That I Want
Old 08-25-2004, 05:12 AM
Extreme Fan

Is there a final number of how many books are going to be in the series?

PeIcEs oF Me* Thanks for posting the pic of the cover.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 08-30-2004, 02:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by lilmnx04
I like serena as well.

The back page of A-List: Blonde Ambition says Gossip Girl #7will be out in May 2005. That seems like a long time away.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Serena is my fav to, even though I relate more to Blair.
Old 09-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

O yay! Front cover!!! can't wait- but it's far too long!!!

You are my sweetest downfall...
Self-confessed junkie of; OneTreeHill.The OC.Buffy.
Old 10-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Total Fan

Has anyone read the new book?

I said to him, "You seem like you didn't miss a beat."
He looked at me and said, "I've missed so many beats, I've made a rhythm."
Old 11-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

I have. I wonder if the books will continue when they graduate and go off to college. I think I read recently that Cecily von Ziegesar recently signed a contract for 3 additional books (beyond what, I don't know) but I can't find the article now.

Liana Jordan is going to play Serena and Alyssa Lawrence is Katie Farkas. IMDB doesn't have any other credits for Liana and not much for Alyssa.

Old 11-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Passionate Fan

wow it's been a while since i've been on here

what's new
Old 11-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think I'll probably avoid the movie, I'm really not a Linsday Lohan fan and the books don't seem like they would translate well on to screen.

How many books are out now? I stopped reading at #4 but I was going to start reading them again.

Last edited by Suga*Babe; 11-27-2004 at 08:58 PM
Old 11-17-2004, 12:59 AM
New Fan

Hey everyone I just started reading the books. I've just read the first one...and i loved it! Someone said something about feeling weird b/c they are 22 and want to read the books.....well, don't feel that way b/c i'm 20 and i love them! I've had a void that needed to be filled since Sweet Valley Senior Year ended...and this series seems to be it! I'm so excited. But, these books come out waaay slower then SV did. SVSY came out ever month....it was so cool.

I'll prob watch the movie if that is one....but movies are NEVER....i repeat NEVER as good as the books. I just hope the movie doesn't scare ppl away from reading the books.

ps i actually think Hilary Duff would make a good Serena. **sorry!**

--Talisa

/X\(o_O)/X\ I'm from the dark side of the rainbow.

FEAR THE PREPS!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Suga*Babe
I think I'll probably avoid the movie, I'm really not a Linsday Lohan and the books don't seem like they would translate well on to screen.

How many books are out now? I stopped reading at #4 but I was going to start reading them again.
I really do want to avoid the movie as well, but curiosity will probably get the best of me. I'm always a fan of the book more then a movie. I, for one am totally not a fan of LL. And she doesn't seem like a 'Blair' to me. Also IA, with you, about how they might not translate well.

I just hope they don't mess up with the rest of the casting.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 11-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've heard that they've cast someone to play Jenny already. At the LiveJournal community uknowyouloveme, they give a specific name, but I can't remember it right now.

I don't like Blair very much. She's just so bratty and ugh, she just rubs me the wrong way. I wish she wouldn't get back with Nate.

My favorite character is Serena, because she just does crazy stuff. She's also much more laid-back. I kind of like Jenny too, which is unpopular, but I relate to her because I have an unfortunately large chest as well (but I'm not TOO short, so I'm not completely out of porportion) and I used to want to be popular too.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:10 AM
Total Fan

Reading these books is definitly a guilty pleasure and I love it, but I really wish the writer would make one of the character have some redeeming qualities.

Right now Serena is the only one who isnt horrible.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread