Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey #1: The best new epic Dystopian series since The Hunger Games. Not to be missed.

After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up
Old 05-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread, Jen.

Just finished this last night and I can't stop thinking about it. It was SO GOOD.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

It really was I read an ARC for it last month.

What did you think of Evan? Did his secret shock you?
Old 05-17-2013, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

I'm still undecided about him. I find his lurking habits a bit creepy and I don't really get why and when he fell in love with Cassie, it just seemed too fast. I wish we got more of his POV so we could understand him better. And yes...

Spoiler:

Old 05-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Given the ending, I have no doubt we'll get more of his POV I can understand how him falling in love with her might have seem fast, but they spent a lot of time together so it felt realistic, and I was swooning every step of the way.

In the beginning, I thought Ben was going to be her love interest, as i didn't remember the blurb of the book, but then once Evan appeared, I knew that was not the case. I think it was a case of thinking she liked one person, and then to realize it was just a crush when she found the real thing.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Elite Fan

That's true, but
Spoiler:
So, I still think it was too fast and I'm not sure if I ship them just yet. But that could change in the sequel.

I'm not really sure where this will go romance-wise. I could see a love triangle with Evan/Cassie/Ben... or a square if you add in Ringer.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spoiler:

Ah. I'm definitely shipping them. I loved when he told her what he was.. and when he showed her what was inside him.

And most importantly.. the very end, his sacrifice. I think that was very telling.

Yeah.. I am not sure. I don't think she feels that way toward Ben anymore, and vice versa.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

The thing with Ben kind of reminded me of the first Unearthly book. How she had a crush on this popular guy who hardly noticed her at all.

I'm not sure where the author plans to take things. But I could be ok with the Evan/Cassie and Ben/Ringer pairings.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. I don't really need another triangle (square) right now
Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 AM
Elite Fan

I had enough of love triangles for a life time. But don't you think it's going there with Ben kissing her at the end? That was so out of the blue.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was a bit odd.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

I guess Ben figured Cassie had a crush on him because Evan mentioned something about Cassie talking about Ben a lot. But still, he saw that Cassie is with Evan. So yes, it was odd.

On a different topic:
Spoiler:

Old 05-24-2013, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

But still, I don't know why Ben would even take advantage of that fact.

Spoiler:

I saw the book in the bookstore finally. Gonna buy it next week.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:44 AM
Elite Fan

I don't understand his motivations in that last scene. But maybe it was just a friendly move? I mean, the kiss was (kind of) on her cheek. Maybe he just doesn't have a good aim.

Spoiler:

I already have it on my shelf. At first I was wary about pre-ordering it because it happens so often lately that the marketing team changes the cover mid-series and I HATE that. But I gave in and bought it anyway, so they better not change the style of the cover for the second book. Does the Aussie version have the same cover?

Old 05-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. Maybe it was a gesture of kindness

Spoiler:

Yeah. It's the same cover
Closed Thread   Post New Thread