Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Supreme Fan

The Fiction thread: a million books so let's read them all.

I thought it might be a good idea to start up a thread just for fiction books since it seems that the board is inundated with fiction books and writers and series and it may be hard to keep up. I'm not going to close any of the threads, there's nothing wrong with having all of them, but some just have one or two posts and the conversation may be better suited somewhere like here where more people might glance by. So feel free to talk about any fiction writers or books or series here.

Right now I'm reading The Death of Kings by Conn Iggulden. If anyone likes historical fiction, this book is great about Rome just before Caeser. It actually talks about him and his life growing up.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I don't read much general fiction for some reason. The only fiction I've read in the past year or so is Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx and Dream Boy by Jim Grimsley. I borrowed Where the Heart Is by Billie Letts from the library and I plan to read that next week.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

I read tons of fiction - and I read almost every single genre (except maybe historical romances). Now I'm reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood because my sister's been pestering me to read it for a really long while (it was her literature A Level book). It's really good - the way she writes is fantastic. I think studying it would be even better - picking up the subtle nuances that I might miss just reading it.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:55 AM
Master Fan

I finished rereading Up a Road Slowly by Irene Hunt. I just love that book and I discovered recently that it is reprinted. Yay!! Because for the longest tme the only place I could find it was at the library.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:34 AM
Supreme Fan

I don't read a huge amount of fiction. Mostly I read science fiction or fantasy but I really enjoy fiction. It was what I was raised on...well, mysteries mostly, all those Nancy Drew books my grandmother has but I also read a lot of fiction when I was a kid. I really like classic fiction more than anything, Dracula, Frankenstein, David Copperfield, For Whom the Bell Tolls but I do read some modern fiction. I like the Dan Brown books, Angels and Demons and The DaVinci Code and some things like that. I'm not much for romance though so I don't read many things by Nicholas Sparks or authors like that.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

I just to read alot of general fiction when I was younger. Stuff like John Stanford, James Michener, David Morrell, Sidney Sheldon, Louis L'Amour, and Amy Tan. Now I just read romance and fantasy. I'm thinking of rereading Texas or Space by Michener when I have some reading time.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

My favorite general fiction book, or well, it's historical fiction, is Exodus by Leon Uris. I've picked up a few of his other books too, but I haven't been in the mood to read them.

I also love Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, Anais Nin's fiction, and I liked A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
Old 06-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

I read A Walk To Remember by N. Sparks and it made me want to reread Love Story by Erich Segal. LOL
Old 06-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I've never read Love Story, but I've seen the movie.

I'm reading Where the Heart Is now and I love the quirkiness of it. I've seen the movie and I loved it, so I expect to like the book even more.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

That's a book that I have my list to read. Eventually, I'll get to it. I also want to read Big Fish. I don't think I'm going to love it as much as the movie but I'm going to read it anyway. I kind of want to reread some Michener but his books are so freaking long. Maybe, I'll pick up Texas or Alaska anyway. I did hear that Poland was good as well.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love fiction, it's all I read pretty much. I don't feel cultured in books, I just love to read. My favorite genres are romance and mystery and I find that I really like books in first person more than third. But I'll read any fiction as long as I will like it and it is well written.

The book I'm reading right now is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult about a family with two daughters and one son. The eldest daughter was diagnosed lukemia at the age of two. The younger daughter was concieved solely for the purpose of a bone marrow match for her sister. Now, at the age of 13, she is questioning who she is outside of her sister and sues her parents for the rights over her body. It is really good and will probably become one of my favorites.
ღღღ
infallible love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Master Fan

Fiction is the only genre I read. I mostly enjoy romance and crime thrillers.

Right now, I'm reading Dan Brown's "Angels & Demons".
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I also wanted to say that this title is dear to my heart, because I truly wish I could read them all.
ღღღ
infallible love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soz
My favorite general fiction book, or well, it's historical fiction, is Exodus by Leon Uris. I've picked up a few of his other books too, but I haven't been in the mood to read them.

I also love Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, Anais Nin's fiction, and I liked A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
I loved Trinity by Uris. I read it senior year for a government project. I haven't read anything else by him though.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I read a lot of fiction. Lately I've been trying to get some non-fiction in there as well, but for the most part it's fiction. I love the title. I've always got a huge list of books I want to read. So many books, so little time..

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Hang It Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread