Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Supreme Fan

Fiction characters you'd like to be friends with

I haven't seen a thread involving general discussion of fictional characters

So, which fictional characters would you like to be friends with and/or who are some of your favorite fictional characters?

I think it'd be cool to have Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables as a friend - she's so much fun and there'd never be a dull moment with her around

I also really love the character of Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird - I think it'd be really awesome and enlightening to have a conversation with him.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Great idea for a thread! I can't wait to read other's responses. I whittled this down to my top three after a lot of internal conflict (I want so many fictional bffs!)

Stephanie Plum of her self titled series by Janet Evanovich: She's hilarious, witty and a problematic bounty hunter. Being friends with her would be a definite good time.

Hercule Poirot of his self titled series by Agatha Christie: I can't imagine a more interesting person to befriend. He's incredibly clever and has a unique sense of humor. I think he'd be a wonder friend to just talk about anything with.

Hermione Granger of the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling: I couldn't leave her out when thinking of fictional friends. I need a friend to talk about books with, don't I?

Kaity | Goodreads
Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 AM
Supreme Fan

I can't believe I left off Hermione! I agree that it'd be cool having her as a friend, albeit she could be a little annoying at times

Another character I really like is Cinna from The Hunger Games - We get a snapshot of him in the books but his character seems pretty deep and it'd be interesting to get to know more about him.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-10-2010, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Bonnie/Meredith & Matt from The Vampire Diaries plus so would want Damon as a boy toy if he would like to have me as a pet
Old 03-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would definitely love to be friends with Luna Lovegood. And Stephanie Plum.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Luna Oh yes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the thread, Gabriela!

Quote:
Another character I really like is Cinna from The Hunger Games - We get a snapshot of him in the books but his character seems pretty deep and it'd be interesting to get to know more about him.
I agree, Gabriela! Cinna's such an understanding and compassionate character. Plus, he also has great style! I'd probably have fun picking out clothes with him.

I also really like Katniss. It'd be really handy to hang out with her and learn some survival skills.

I also really love Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. She's so witty and independent and just like any of my girlfriends now.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Elizabeth Bennett would be awesome! When I think of her as a character, she feels so modern.

I don't know that I'd necessarily want to be friends with him but another character I really like is Snape from Harry Potter. I love how complex he ended up being.

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lizzie and Darcy, all the Girls in the sisterhood series and Effie. John Tyree in Nicholas Sparks Dear John. Reed Brennan in Private
Old 03-10-2010, 11:51 PM
Elite Fan

Most HP characters

Klaus Baudelaire (ASOUE)
Old 03-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Master Fan

Great thread idea! Love it There are so many though...trying to decide was difficult.

Um, my first thought was definitely Elizabeth Bennet from P&P. I adore her and would love to have a conversation with her. She's one I would love to hang out with.

Another would be Christy Miller, Katie Weldon, and Sierra Jensen, from their respective self titled series by Robin Jones Gunn. I feel as if I've grown up with them and could just join them in thier lives.
Icon: Unknown
Old 03-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great thread, Gab!

For me, probably Victoria from Once & Always by Judith McNaught. And Daphne from the Duke and I by Julia Quinn.

And probably a bunch more but those are the ones that stuck out the most.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue sky blues (View Post)
I would definitely love to be friends with Luna Lovegood. And Stephanie Plum.
Yes! Me too. Love her dearly. And Ginny as well. I don't think I would get along with Hermione. She would drive me insane most of the time.

Hmmm. Who else? I would love to be friends with Claire from the Outlander series, and even her husband Jamie too. Although, I would be too distracted by his good looks and presence, that just being his mate might be tough for me.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks Tina!

I think Ginny is a good pick too - We didn't get to see a ton of her in the books and it'd be neat to get to to know her better

Icon by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 03-12-2010, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I would to be friends with Jamie he's so amazing
Closed Thread   Post New Thread