Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Was it 15 pages? I thought it was a chapter a day.

April
Old 01-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
Was it 15 pages? I thought it was a chapter a day.
No i'm pretty say it was 15 pages, but one day she finished the chapter since she was close to the end.

Wow.. I was wrong..

Quote:
"Five," I finally said. "I only read five pages a day.”
That's worse

And totally OT.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

OK I finished the book last night.

I NEED SOMEONE TO FINISH IT SO WE CAN TALK. SRSLY. I has questions

Re: the 2 truths and lie in the KMM article
Spoiler:

Overall, the book was good but I kind of agree w/ the review of it being a filler for the next one. I thought it was quite short at 430 pages and wanted more so bad.

JENN also one of those teasers you sent me via Private Message
Spoiler:

U GUYS NEED TO READ AND FINISH SO WE CAN DISCUSS lol
Old 01-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

In regards to the teasers
Spoiler:

This is a recap from the Burned signing/event in Cincinnati.

Karen Marie Moning Delights Fans At Kentucky Book Signing

And the Q& A

- The mysterious, red-headed woman and her friend that appear to Circen and Lisa in The Highlander’s Touch from the future are NOT Dani and Dancer.
- Kasteo will likely play a bigger role in future books as Karen answered that with “That’s an interesting question!”, her patented response to inquiries she can’t and/or won’t answer.
- When asked again about why she chose to switch back to Mac’s point-of-view in BURNED as opposed to taking on Dani’s voice like in ICED, Karen set the record straight: She told us that, sure, you can keep a story going while strictly adhering to your original plan; but would you rather have it be terrible and stick to the plan, or let the story detour into the direction that it needs to to be truly spectacular?
- Karen doesn’t think giving Barrons his own book is a good idea. Who could live inside of that mind to create an entire novel?
- The Nine are NOT related to the Draghar in any way, but I thought that was a damn fine question.
- About three years ago, Karen gave us a sex scene from the point-of-view of Barrons. It was shocking and threw the fans completely for a loop (in a good way). That scene just-so-happens to be the very first scene in BURNED. When asked why she chose to open with that after all this time, Karen told us that it just felt like the right place to do it. It fit there, and it was the line of demarcation in Mac’s life: where she had suffered so little tragedy in her life previously, she would soon be drowning in it. Barrons was, is and always will be the character of which she has the least control.
- We learn that Karen is well aware that she will never please everyone. But this will never stop her from writing what she wants and how she wants it. Thank God for that; you do you, Karen.
- There MAY be more graphic novels in the future, but FEVERMOON was so time-consuming that it prohibited her from writing more FEVER books. And she was right in assuming that what we really want from her are more books. More. Always and forever.
- Expounding on the “plan” dilemma, Karen explained that the first five books in the FEVER series (DARKFEVER, BLOODFEVER, FAEFEVER, DREAMFEVER, SHADOWFEVER) came to her fully-formed in a dream. But despite that, she knew when SHADOWFEVER was over, the stories of Mac, Barrons, Dani, Kat, Ryodan, Cruce, The Unseelie King and everyone else were not. In fact, she said she couldn’t believe we let her get away with ending it there for as long as we did! And then we had ICED and now BURNED, and another (couple) on the way. Blessed be.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Which teaser was it?

I only have like 100 pages left.

Quote:
In fact, she said she couldn’t believe we let her get away with ending it there for as long as we did! And then we had ICED and now BURNED, and another (couple) on the way. Blessed be.
But didn't we know there was going to be a spin off before SF?

Besides the Dani/Mac situation and develping a storyline for Dani in SF, I thought it was a good conclusion if she chose to stop there.

April
Old 01-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hm.. I'm not sure when the spinoff was announced.

Yeah, it would have been, even though there was lots to explore. About where M/B relationship would go, what about the 9? There was definitely plenty of room to explore, but yes it could have served as a conclusion as well.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And knowing us we always want more.

April
Old 01-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Indeed we do.

Okay so The Iced trilogy was announced Aug 2011, and Shadowfever came out January of that year, so it was only months after SF came out that we knew there would be more.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought we knew before SF came out. I remember KMM said there was a hint in SF to the name of the next series.

And I thought when I started reading we already knew or there was talk about a spin off.

April
Old 01-25-2015, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ohhh yes, you are right about that. I do remember looking for clues actually.

I remember seeing Iced and fever, I thought it was gonna be called Iced Fever or something
Old 01-25-2015, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think that Aug was when she announced the title.

April
Old 01-25-2015, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

That would make sense
Old 01-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that Shadowfever was a great ending. I mean I love having more books don't get me wrong but it felt like a great ending.

April re: the teaser I think is missing is:
Spoiler:

God jen ur book needs to arrive! and I can't wait till April finishes bc I need someone to talk to.

SO FOR SURE we have the next one in October right??????? Like GUARANTEED?
Old 01-25-2015, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, Guaranteed! Today is a holiday in Australia, so hopefully tomorrow it'll come. I may end up starting it on my kindle tonight though

Ah yes, that teaser.

This one:

Spoiler:
Old 01-25-2015, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

YEAH THAT teaser

Spoiler:

JEN PLEASE START READING I BEG. I dropped all my school work this weekend to read it and I finished.

I AM SO READY FOR OCTOBER NOWWWWW
Closed Thread   Post New Thread