Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly I think Karen mentioned she had some family deaths which took her priority for a while.

We're now in September, so 4 months until Burned!
Old 09-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

New teaser:

Quote:
I’ve learned a few things about the world, about myself, during my time in Dublin. In the great pasture of life, there are really only four kinds of creatures: sheep as Dani likes to call them; shepherds who try to guide the sheep and keep them on the straight and narrow; sheep dogs who run them from field to field, prevent them from straying, and fight off the predators that come to slaughter and feast; and wolves, savage, fierce and a law unto their own.

I know what I am. A sheepdog. If my food supply ran out and I was stranded on a mountain with the flock, I would starve before I ate one of the sheep. Nature or nurture, I don’t know. It doesn’t really matter. I protect the flock. To my dying breath.

Two wolves stand in this room, with a complicated past and an uncertain future, their lips a breath apart and I’m not sure if they’ll kiss each other or kill each other. Probably both."
Old 09-15-2014, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still need to read Iced and I'd still like to do a reread before.. aaaahhhh... I need more time!!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 09-15-2014, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes. We have been doing a re-read since July, one book per month.

Here is the official description for Burned. Close your eyes, Holly

Quote:
It’s easy to walk away from lies. Power is another thing.

MacKayla Lane would do anything to save the home she loves. A gifted sidhe-seer, she’s already fought and defeated the deadly Sinsar Dubh—an ancient book of terrible evil—yet its hold on her has never been stronger.

When the wall that protected humans from the seductive, insatiable Fae was destroyed on Halloween, long-imprisoned immortals ravaged the planet. Now Dublin is a war zone with factions battling for control. As the city heats up and the ice left by the Hoar Frost King melts, tempers flare, passions run red-hot, and dangerous lines get crossed. Seelie and Unseelie vie for power against nine ancient immortals who have governed Dublin for millennia; a rival band of sidhe-seers invades the city, determined to claim it for their own; Mac’s former protégé and best friend, Dani “Mega” O’Malley, is now her fierce enemy; and even more urgent, Highland druid Christian MacKeltar has been captured by the Crimson Hag and is being driven deeper into Unseelie madness with each passing day. The only one Mac can depend on is the powerful, dangerous immortal Jericho Barrons, but even their fiery bond is tested by betrayal.

It’s a world where staying alive is a constant struggle, the line between good and evil gets blurred, and every alliance comes at a price. In an epic battle against dark forces, Mac must decide who she can trust, and what her survival is ultimately worth.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw on FB where she posted it she stated again that both Dani and Mac are both primarily protagonists in the book. I kind of wished it had something about Dani in it.

April
Old 09-16-2014, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

THanks for the warning

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 09-16-2014, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. it would have been better if half of the description was Mac and half was Dani.

Almost 4 months to go until Burned.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Started my re-read of Faefever! This book hurts, well the end, every time.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Already finished mine.

I think I picked up on some more hints.

I'll post them later.

Oh-I think I picked up a foreshadowing that V'lane was really Unseelie. The first US prince Mac saw, she mistook him for V'lane at first. Couldn't that of been a hint? Or maybe I'm looking into things too hard.

April
Old 09-28-2014, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished mine today

No. I think you could be right about that. When she first saw them, she automatically thought Vlane. Or maybe all Princess give off the same vibe at first? Wait. wasn't he there with her in the end? I'm not sure if he was there on the street when she first encountered them, but he was there at the time of the whole..rape thing, since he gave her that elixir.
Old 09-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I forgot about that. The question is when did he give it to her? I forget what did the exlir do? I can't remember.

Quote:
"You are allied with me. And they should fear you."
My eyes narrowed. "Why should they fear me?"
He smiled faintly. "You have barely begun to understand what you are."
Did V'lane always know what Mac was?

Quote:
Then my vision had played a trick on me, and blacked out the horizon as far as I could see, extinguishing every light, blanketing Dublin in absolute darkness.
I'd blink, trying to dispel the illusion, and finally was able to see lights again, but the illusory blackout had seemed so real that I was afraid it was a premonition of things to come.
Obviously it was a premonition. But did we have discussed that maybe Mac did have gifts of premonitions.

Quote:
Then V'lane was there, and Barrons too, with men I'd never seen before, and suddenly Christian appeared, and Barrons moved toward him, with murder in his eyes.
I woke up, iced to the bone, and in a state of alarm.
Mac assumed it was her subconscious telling her to warn Christian that Barrons knew about the MacKeltars.
But-after this re read, I think it's more than that. I think it was another premonition. Especially since the other men were there, which I don't think I ever picked that up before. I really think she has a gift of premonitions.

Quote:
"Here. Take this."
Here it was, the moment of truth. So simple. So telling.
Dark eyes narrowed; the snake in them moved. "Who have you been talking to, Ms. Lane?" he said softly.
We know that it was to test if he was an unseelie, and we know he's not. But-why was he hesitant to take it? And him asking who has she been talking to, and the fact that he said it softly. Almost like the predator being quiet right before it strikes. Then this:
Quote:
Eventually I started to feel stupid and took the spear back. He thrust his hands in his pokcets and regarded me coolly.
I got the impression he's not comfortable touching it. Is there something more to this? Remember when they stole it he made her take it from the wall.

April
Old 09-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
The question is when did he give it to her? I forget what did the exlir do? I can't remember.
It was said in SF I believe.. He claims he gave it to her after the whole rape thing because he didn't think she would survive it -- but wouldn't it make sense to give it to her before it happened, because why give it to her after if the princes killed her? I believe the elixir prolonged her life? Or something..

Quote:
Did V'lane always know what Mac was?
I'm not sure if he knew who she was. Maybe he just saw her as being powerful in the future?

Quote:
Obviously it was a premonition. But did we have discussed that maybe Mac did have gifts of premonitions.
No, I don't think we have. I don't even think it was even mention in the books she might have a gift for premonition. That would be interesting to explore.

Quote:
Mac assumed it was her subconscious telling her to warn Christian that Barrons knew about the MacKeltars.
But-after this re read, I think it's more than that. I think it was another premonition. Especially since the other men were there, which I don't think I ever picked that up before. I really think she has a gift of premonitions.
yeah. Those men were obvious the 9. But what could this scene have meant? Did this come to light and actually happen?

Quote:
We know that it was to test if he was an unseelie, and we know he's not. But-why was he hesitant to take it? And him asking who has she been talking to, and the fact that he said it softly. Almost like the predator being quiet right before it strikes.
Yeah. That scene was a bit bizarre since we know he isn't unseelie or anything like that. Maybe he just doesn't like to touch their things? apart from the book that is.. not that he can touch that either When he asks her who she has been talking to...would that be because he fears she might somehow find out about him, and because he would then do what needs to be done. Or could it be just wanting to know if people are telling her things against him. I really am not sure.

Quote:
I got the impression he's not comfortable touching it. Is there something more to this? Remember when they stole it he made her take it from the wall.
this goes back to my theory that he doesn't like touching their things. He only does what he needs to be able to get the book, but anything else he would rather not be in contact with. The way he acts around such things it's easily understandable how someone might think he CAN'T touch them, but I think it's more of a won't.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It was said in SF I believe.. He claims he gave it to her after the whole rape thing because he didn't think she would survive it -- but wouldn't it make sense to give it to her before it happened, because why give it to her after if the princes killed her? I believe the elixir prolonged her life? Or something..
That's right. Even he didn't know exactly what he does or how long she will live.
Quote:
yeah. Those men were obvious the 9. But what could this scene have meant? Did this come to light and actually happen?
I don't think so. Not exactly. But maybe events in SF? Weren't there some scenes with the 9, V'lane and Christian?

In FF when he actually sees the book he was close enough to pick it up. But he refused. He later told Mac that he had thought that he would be different and it wouldn't effect him like the others. Wouldn't turn him completely evil. But he knew in that moment the moment he picked the book up he would change. And would no longer require the book for what he truly wanted it for.

April
Old 10-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah. He didn't.. and he later tells he, the elixir is one that he made himself?

Yeah. I think there was some scenes, maybe in Chesters?

Yes. He was actually smart thinking. He thought it would change him and he wouldn't want it anymore. But if he managed to do it, god knows what it would have done to him.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was originally the kings exlir. I remember him saying you mean my exlir in SF and V'lane said that he took the kings exlir and "improved" it and made changes. So he wasn't exactly sure.

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread